daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #561
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Tehran’s subway system is growing continually year by year form their first run. The progress is very satisfactory.

Now we are expecting for line 3. Line 3 will be among the most important lines as it connects southwest Tehran to northeast, crosses busy parts of the capital city and can alleviate traffic problems. There are some questions relating this –

1) Line 3’s opening was planned in 2011, but it is still not opened, but why? What is the problem and final opening date?
2) When will the extensions of line 1 & 4 be opened?
3) How is construction going on line 3? Has they started? Please post some photos.
4) I heard Tehran is now planning a tram network. Is it true? Please give me some details.

Note: The questions I wrote here was never asked me before. If an urban-rail fan will do it, I’ll not repeat.

I realised that Iraninans are very casual about metros.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #562
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
I realised that Iraninans are very casual about metros.
I wonder if they're also casual about sex.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #563
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Waiting for the tramway system in Tehran.

Also happy to know that the suburb Karaj is now planning for its own subway system.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #564
Herbicide
a tangy drink!

Likes (Received): 264

The new Tajrish Station. The completed northernmost forseeable extent for line one.

http://shahrnevesht.ir/Default.aspx?...0&PhotoId=6222
Herbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #565
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

Rush hour in Tehran's Metro- March 2012

I guess any huge city has this problems and Tehran with 14 Million people is no exception. Some of the pix are so funny

Tehran's Bazaar station, one of the most crowded stations

alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #566
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #567
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5150

nirou havayee stadtion opened on line 4

http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1627860
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #568
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5757

So with Niroo Havaei open, the last unopened station on the existing Line 4 is Azadi (transfer to Line 2).
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #569
dars-dm
Cotton

Likes (Received): 17777

When will Azadi be opened? Line 4 needs a good transfer point there.
Как только проедят напечатанные амерами баблосы, нефтя будет падвацать, хас папиисяд, а толяр - пасто диривянных. И ражко сразу развалиццо. Патаму шо она сичаз разваливаиццо, хотя нефтя ещё не падвацать
dars-dm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #570
SoroushPersepolisi

no idea
Old July 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #571
Shapoor
Highrise Resident

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Tehran Subway Network to Expand by Connecting to Satellite Cities

The visit of Tehran mayor to the operational process of Tehran subway which would be connected to the new Parand Township was accompanied by good news about expansion of rail transportation in the suburbs of Tehran. The issue of connecting Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKIA) to Tehran subway network and implementation of the metro network of satellite cities of Tehran were among the most important topics discussed by Mayor Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf.

According to Tehran SAMA, the mayor also inspected tunnels under construction and operational workshops of the project. On the sideline of the visit, he said: “Imam Khomeini Airport had so far been devoid of public transportation such as metro. Since the past few years one of the concerns of Tehran Municipality and the government has been to link the airport to the sustainable public transportation network. Building a subway line to the airport had not been within the responsibility of Tehran Municipality, but after about four years the government has delegated execution of the project to Tehran Municipality. Also, through agreements which have been reached, implementation of the subway for satellite townships has been delegated to Tehran Municipality.”

The Tehran mayor further remarked that the first phase of Tehran subway to Parand, with a length of 33 km, would be carried out from Imam Khomeini Mausoleum up to Imam Khomeini Airport. For the first phase of the project a period of 11 months has been anticipated which started at the beginning of the calendar month of Khordad (May 21), he said. “Also, in the second phase the subway would be continued up to Parand Township. We have decided to complete this part of the work by the end of the calendar year 1392 (March 2014). Also, it is predicted that each day some 30,000 passengers would be transported with a travel distance of six minutes.”

Ghalibaf noted that since most of the passengers arrive at night a special plan has been adopted for them. It is expected that consultant engineers of the project within the next two months would conduct studies in relation to choosing one or two stations within the city for offering services to night passengers of the airport, he noted.

18/07/2012
http://en.tehran.ir/default.aspx?tabid=77&ArticleId=791
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #572
WC_EEND

Likes (Received): 18

Just happened to stumble across this thread and read it completely (which I did not regret at all). Those stations are simply stunning, they make the subway in Brussels look like a complete joke.
That said, it's also nice to see the real Iran (also reading alitezar's thread with Iran pictures at the moment) and not the Iran we hear about in the media all the time (I'll leave it at that as I don't want to turn this into a political debate). However, Iran is definitely on my list of countries to visit now.

PS: I had no idea Iranian girls were so attractive
WC_EEND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #573
SoroushPersepolisi

ekbatan station opened

did they really need to put the guy's face there? hes a martyr , he died for the nation but that is not the place for it

http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1655671
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM   #574
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_EEND View Post
Just happened to stumble across this thread and read it completely (which I did not regret at all). Those stations are simply stunning, they make the subway in Brussels look like a complete joke.
That said, it's also nice to see the real Iran (also reading alitezar's thread with Iran pictures at the moment) and not the Iran we hear about in the media all the time (I'll leave it at that as I don't want to turn this into a political debate). However, Iran is definitely on my list of countries to visit now.

PS: I had no idea Iranian girls were so attractive
thats great, we try at least through our photos display a more realistic image of iran, im glad that it has helped to many learn about iran

thank you
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM   #575
SoroushPersepolisi

more pics, it seems some of the materials used werent brand new

http://www.irna.ir/Display.aspx?NID=080242096
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #576
SoroushPersepolisi

its not fully finished yet

still hard to figure out the layout of the place

http://tehron90.blogfa.com/

Last edited by SoroushPersepolisi; July 22nd, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #577
maniei

Likes (Received): 7

Thats actually two stations having been opened there - the actual Ekbatan-station (in the center of it) and the changing to the Line-5 station named Ekbatan (Eram-e-sabz).

Thats big news. With this they are going to get thousands of cars off the streets.

Line 4 should be complete now...almost. I think only Shahrak-e-Bimeh is missing.

With each station opening they also become more beautiful.
maniei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM   #578
maniei

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapoor View Post
On the last paragraph:

Why would they only use one or two stations at night? Thats pathetic and useless.
Are they afraid of vandalism, that they close the stations early?

As far as I'm informed the Metro service in Tehran is only scheduled untill 0 o'clock. Thats not quite impressive for a city like Tehran.

Why dont they take the airport-connection as a cause for expanding the night-service.
This is only my personal prognosis, but I say with a 24 hour service you would still have a well frequented Tehran-Metro.

Iranians are a very night-active people, and there is the special situation with the airport that most international flights arrive between 23-5 o'clock.

At least they could keep all the stations with a changing open, and all ending stations.
maniei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM   #579
Shapoor
Highrise Resident

Likes (Received): 40

If I remember right most services for the London underground end between 12am-1am aswell, not sure how it is for Heathrow airport though. I agree it's silly to just choose 2 stations, at least the urban & suburban rail company could offer North bound services to all stations on line 1, maybe skip the first few Southern stations until Rey.

Last edited by Shapoor; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Shapoor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM   #580
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
I've never seen so many men in one place.

Where are all the beautiful Persian women?
Silly_Walks está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, tehran