daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #681
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26128

Almost missed news - Garmdarreh metro station on line 5 was opened on 18th February:
http://metro.tehran.ir/default.aspx?...ArticleId=3888

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

geometarkv, metro-world, Zaz965 liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #682
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5752

more photos of this new station

http://garmdarehcity.ir/DesktopModul...ing&lang=fa-IR
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #683
dimlys1994

From Metro Report

http://www.metro-report.com/news/new...from-crrc.html

Tehran orders 70 metro cars from CRRC
06 Apr 2017

IRAN: The Tehran Wagon Manufacturing Co joint venture of CRRC, Norinco and Tehran Metro has won a €93m contract to supply 70 metro cars for the capital’s expanding network

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #684
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

Tehran metro is the one of the good metro network in Asia, which is growing quickly in recent year. It currently has 4 lines— Line 1, 2, 3 & 4. A dense network in core city area, and also a good extension towards outer area, made it a very good transportation. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It is a very good example of a strong metro network.

A rare specialty I’ve seen here that they open metro lines completely at first, without much intermediate stations. It is good for one view that traveling between two far away termini quickly being happened, and more areas come under metro service, then gradually intermediate stations opened, checking public pressure. I think it could be a model to the world.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Here I’m writing.

1) Line 1 is planned to extend in the south to Imam Khomeini Airport (with a possible suburban link to Vavan). It will be very good for traveling to Airport quickly. Which branch will be extended—Shahr-e-AFtab of Kahriak? The Vavan link will be longer is not? Will it be a metro extension, or suburban rail line? Has the construction started? Please write some details about this extension with its opening date.

2) Line 2 is planned to extend in the east to connect with a suburban line to Damavand and Pardis. The extension phase to new east terminal is under construction. It will be a very important extension for interchange between metro & train. Has the construction started? Please write some details about this extension with its opening date.

3) Line 3, will be branched on northern Tehran from Nobonyad to connect line 1 at Tajrish. After this extension, it will create an alternative route of line 1 from Tajrish to Shahid Behesti. Although that alternative route will be longer, but if anytime an accident or anything could stop the service of line 1 via Mirdamad, this line 3 could continue the journey. There will be two new stations—Niavaran and Shahid Bahonar. Has the construction started? Please write some details about this extension with its opening date.

4) I don’t understand why the Mehrabad Airport branch of line 4 acts as a separate line. Airport branch operated separately with 3-car trains, but for this reason, airport passengers should change metro cars at Bimeh for continue their journey at city centre. Airport is an important place, so why are they not continuing a same train from Airport to Shahis Kolahdooj directly? It will save time, and will reduce changing harassment. Please explain about this eccentricity.

Another peculiarity is—on all Tehran metro trains the first, the second, and the last carriages are reserved for women who do not wish to ride with men in the same car. Women can still ride other cars freely. I never heard such reservation on any metro system around the world except some Muslim cities like Cairo, Dubai & Tehran. Is there any problem of sexual harassment for women in those cities that they should need separate compartment?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:40 AM   #685
iranii

Likes (Received): 2774

Imam Khomeini International Airport metro station will be opened very soon.

Old April 22nd, 2017, 10:56 AM   #686
AverageJoe

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Another peculiarity is—on all Tehran metro trains the first, the second, and the last carriages are reserved for women who do not wish to ride with men in the same car. Women can still ride other cars freely. I never heard such reservation on any metro system around the world except some Muslim cities like Cairo, Dubai & Tehran. Is there any problem of sexual harassment for women in those cities that they should need separate compartment?
Actually, women-only cars are pretty common in India and Japan as well. Harassment seems to be the main reason for it.
AverageJoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:53 PM   #687
urbastar

Likes (Received): 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
Actually, women-only cars are pretty common in India and Japan as well. Harassment seems to be the main reason for it.
In london too, or maybe they are considering it. In Iran, it is more because of the nature of the regime (religious) than harassment.

Visit Iran's SSC section : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597!!!!

VISIT "IRAN'S DIVERSE & UNEXPECTED THREAD" (General Photography section) : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post142373141

Ashis Mitra, lechevallierpatrick liked this post
urbastar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #688
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
In India, there is separate compartment for women in suburban train, but not in metro. I mean METRO

Although I don't know about Japan or England.

However, could anyone answer my questions which I have written before?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #689
iranii

Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
In India, there is separate compartment for women in suburban train, but not in metro. I mean METRO

In Tehran, like any major city in the world, Sexual harassment does exist and is not un heard of, however, it is by no means a problem and is not the reason for separate women compartment. Despite this women only carriages exist, and many women prefer to ride in these as they feel more comfortable, but if these carriages did not exist, I can assure no problems would exist.
iranii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #690
shashpant

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:

I am not sure which India you were stating but Delhi Metro has a separate coach for women. Last I check Delhi was the capital of India.
shashpant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 03:44 AM   #691
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranii View Post
In Tehran, like any major city in the world, Sexual harassment does exist and is not un heard of, however, it is by no means a problem and is not the reason for separate women compartment. Despite this women only carriages exist, and many women prefer to ride in these as they feel more comfortable, but if these carriages did not exist, I can assure no problems would exist.
Even if the society were ideal, and no harassment existed, the volume the metro serves and the number of cars it has makes being pressed between people and being jerked around at each station is inevitable.

iranii liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #692
dimlys1994

From Press TV

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/06...Ehsan-Moqaddam

Metro train crash injures 48 in Tehran
Tue Jun 6, 2017 5:14PM

At least 48 people have been injured after two metro trains collided in the Iranian capital, the public relations director of the Tehran Emergency Center says.

Speaking to the official Iranian news agency, IRNA, Hassan Abbasi added that 40 people, who sustained injuries in the incident at Tarasht station in Tehran on Tuesday, have been taken to hospital

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old June 12th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #693
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

The opening of Line 7 over the weekend brought seven new stations into the metro network.

http://en.tehran.ir/default.aspx?tab...ArticleId=7732

future network map showing completed Line 7:

http://foruz.ir/metro-map-tehran/

Northern terminus - San'at Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierT View Post
meydane san'at station

tehran would be an amazing city if they could complete the metro system

it would be a powerhouse.imagine all these people coming on time and going on time.

it would be city where every big company would invest billions because of the manpower this city has.it has so much potential.imagine this mega city beeing connetec properly to parand,pardis,karaj,varamin,eslamshahr,rudehen bumehen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post

dimlys1994, NFZANMNIM, metro-world liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:02 AM   #694
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Basij station - Line 7

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/media/...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

http://www.asriran.com/fa/news/54331...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

dimlys1994, tjrgx, Usman ali, metro-world liked this post
Old August 7th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #695
SoldierT

Likes (Received): 873

line 8 to the airport is complete

dimlys1994, Swede liked this post
SoldierT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #696
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

What does this mean? Is line 8 open for revenue service?
Old August 9th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #697
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Apparently line 8 is now open, an extension of a former branch of line 1.

photos here:
http://www.mashreghnews.ir/photo/759...B1%D8%A7%D9%86
http://www.isna.ir/photo/96051610077...D8%A7%D9%86#12

map:

http://www.aftabir.com/news/article/.../08/07/1746342

dimlys1994 liked this post

Tags
metro, tehran