daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #121
Dhaka Megacity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

It's amazing that a country under immense sanctions and threats of war has progressed so far, while in ours, we have yet to conduct all feasibility studies on construction of a mass transit line.

Tehran Metro looks good I think the mayor was rightly selected as world's top 10 mayors.
Dhaka Megacity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #122
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by X38 View Post
I find it pretty weird that the women of the pictures posted in this thread are not wearing burkas!
Well, I prefer to think that you were jocking..
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM   #123
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

Quote:
I find it pretty weird that the women of the pictures posted in this thread are not wearing burkas! Ok, they are wearing head-covers and long black clothes, but no face-covers with only 2 little holes for the eyes.

And I'm pretty surprised by this thread at all! I did never imagine they had such a luxury subway system in a "poor" country like Iran! But I don't want to create new disputs. I repeat: i don't want to create new conflicts (in this thread).
Iran is not a poor country at all and actually it is very rich.

Also you can see my Tehran Pictures Collection below in my signature to see how the city is and how women dress.

Also please note that all women in Iran are required to wear the scarf and an overcoat that is required by the government.

Last edited by alitezar; October 21st, 2008 at 10:14 PM.
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #124
alitezar
Persian 44

Quote:
I find it pretty weird that the women of the pictures posted in this thread are not wearing burkas! Ok, they are wearing head-covers and long black clothes, but no face-covers with only 2 little holes for the eyes.

This is how Iranians look like

In Tehran

Darband

Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:31 AM   #125
Daguy

Yes Persian women are amazingly beautiful, so I love whenever I have to make a stop in North Vancouver lol.
Daguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM   #126
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I think one photo would have made your point....

Iranian people are beautiful.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM   #127
alitezar
Persian 44

Thank you Daguy & City Thing
Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM   #128
plottigat
pic related

Likes (Received): 2190

I see something similar between Iran and Italy: we all like to spend some time drinking outside in the main square or in bars along the streets just watching people passing by. The greeks had a specific word for this, "agorazein". A good translation could be: walking in the main square, chatting with friends about girls(boys) and soccer(shoes) ( ) .

Now, some more metro pics?
plottigat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #129
X38

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yin_yang View Post
No doubt, I think we can all see that. Despite this, do try to be more informed and think for yourself more. Don't let the TV and media think for you. Iran is a thriving counry with kind people and is highly respected in the Middle East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
Well, I prefer to think that you were jocking..
Quote:
Originally Posted by alitezar View Post

Also you can see my Tehran Pictures Collection below in my signature to see how the city is and how women dress.

Also please note that all women in Iran are required to wear the scarf and an overcoat that is required by the government.
Quote:
This is how Iranians look like

In Tehran
*sigh*
Nobody understands what I'm really trying to say...

I want to say i'm surprised by all these pictures in a positive way.
I'll use a simbol for it:

So Iran looks very !
X38 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 04:53 AM   #130
Peloso

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by plottigat View Post
I see something similar between Iran and Italy: we all like to spend some time drinking outside in the main square or in bars along the streets just watching people passing by. The greeks had a specific word for this, "agorazein". A good translation could be: walking in the main square, chatting with friends about girls(boys) and soccer(shoes) ( ) .

Now, some more metro pics?
Hmm, this thread about the Tehran metro is pretty interesting, there's fine pics of Iranian people, also it seems to attract the non-macaronic among my country-fellows.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #131
firmanhadi
Urban Addict

Likes (Received): 31

Congrats on the beautiful metro system!

I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies -- Le Corbusier
firmanhadi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #132
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

thanx
sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #133
VikramRao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daguy View Post
It is the concept of having segregated areas in a public place that concerns a westerner like myself, and the obvious adtempt to police morality.
In a way I would agree with you, Im Indian and we have segregated train coaches, buses, taxis...but thats not to police morality, but rather respect the culture and keep women safe. Its what the women want as well.
VikramRao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #134
VikramRao

Quote:

Iran certainly isnt a poor country, it has its oil wealth. Lets get one thing clear....the people of Iran arnt like the president of Iran, same can be said for the people of America (where I live by the way), Americans certainly arnt like G W Bush.
VikramRao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #135
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #136
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

mer30
sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM   #137
LosAngelesMetroBoy

Likes (Received): 26

This thread is a split for me, as a US Soldier serving in Iraq, i see iran as a destabalizing force in the reigon and a bigger threat than anything else. I also see my beleif on the faces of the iraqis i work with on a daily basis.

But outside the political realm the people of iran are nice people. Ive never had a problem with them except that im american, and theres a completly insane animosity towards the US that ive seen. However the people and the city of Tehran look beautifil (much better than sand infested -OPSEC- im in now). THe Metro is wonderfull and i wish more Petrol dollars were spent backing systems like this both in Iran and the US than systems that destory massive amounts of life and property. But since that wont happen, good luck on ya and hope i never have to fight Hagi in these stations. M4 bullets do such damage to murals, which was fun in 04 but gets old by 08.
LosAngelesMetroBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM   #138
yin_yang

Likes (Received): 80

I'm pretty drunk right now, but "M4 bullets do such damage to murals, which was fun in 04 but gets old by 08" is surely just as retarded sober. Iran is a bit nuts and out of their league, perhaps...but leave them the **** alone for now. They are legitimate.
yin_yang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM   #139
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesMetroBoy View Post
This thread is a split for me, as a US Soldier serving in Iraq, i see iran as a destabalizing force in the reigon and a bigger threat than anything else.
Wow, even bigger than the United States of America?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesMetroBoy View Post
But outside the political realm the people of iran are nice people. Ive never had a problem with them except that im american, and theres a completly insane animosity towards the US that ive seen. However the people and the city of Tehran look beautifil (much better than sand infested -OPSEC- im in now). THe Metro is wonderfull and i wish more Petrol dollars were spent backing systems like this both in Iran and the US than systems that destory massive amounts of life and property. But since that wont happen, good luck on ya and hope i never have to fight Hagi in these stations. M4 bullets do such damage to murals, which was fun in 04 but gets old by 08.
That's sad. It seems that it's impossible to keep focused on the subject when it's about some countries. The point is that "Hagi" sometimes also have a subway.. It's the same in the SSC forum about Israel highways: the thread is polluted by this kind of stupid post.
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM   #140
LosAngelesMetroBoy

Likes (Received): 26

Let me clear up some issues with my previous post.

1. If anyone outside the US took the time to read the UN resolutions at the end of the first gulf war (where the US kicked some serious butt) they will know there were/are about 50 UN Sanctions against Iraq they were not following, and the price for not following them was a 'forceful regime change'

2. The Tehran Metro looks wonderful, however fighting every day people who are funded by a government based in Tehran, i am immediately pre-disposed to have a negative view.

3. 'Hagi' is army slang for 'islamic militant', or someone out to feed their bloodlust using the their religion as a crutch.

BTW if you look in my post i am trying my hardest to be positive, but Augusto you hit the nail on the head, its impossible to be subjective when its a country like Iran who openly threats me and my way of life. IT would be similar to have a discussion in your lovely country of France about the soviet subway system in the 60's, it may be wonderful, but its still part of the soviet union who is threatening you and your way of life, and no matter what the history is its hard to separate the country from the leader. AS Ive said, a majority of Iranians i meet outside on my patrol are great people, just like a majority of Iraqis i meet/talk to/work with on a daily basis are great people. Unfortunately the leader says things that are dumber than even our president and funds the militias that try and kill me every day. so im sorry if i came off as a jackass
LosAngelesMetroBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, tehran