daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM   #141
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

lets not get too much into politics and what will happen if ....
sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM   #142
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

I agree, let's refocus on the subject.
LosAngelesMetroBoy, I respect your opinion but I was just trying to say that it's not the right place to express it. In my opinion it's quite boring when you realize than the words "Iran", "Israel", "Korea-Japan" or may be "Mexico-US" will always trigger the same kind of post..
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #143
Peloso

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
That's sad. It seems that it's impossible to keep focused on the subject when it's about some countries.
Said this way, it sounds like it's those countries' fault... no, it's always the fault of brainless drones from that same place we all know about.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #144
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

no hatred please lets enjoy development of a 3rd world country
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #145
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

I don't think Iran is really a 3rd world country. Some of the places and facilities in Iran are more advanced than the ones in U.S. or Canada.
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #146
jeffyl00b
Registered Annoyance

Likes (Received): 2

I completely agree with what is he saying and he makes a terrific point. While the gov't of Iran is catagorically the #1 state sponsor or terrorist groups(and not's let go off and fight about what is a terror group versus "legit" group) in the world, every picture I see shows normal people in cosmopolitan settings. And the girls are gorgeous apparently.

He's talking about the dicotomy there. It's a compliment mixed with a sadness at the same time. He's not making a flaming insult like you would find people doing on any type of Israeli thread. That is all.
Here's hoping that Iran frees itself of this sillyness and moves forward. That is what. It appears it would be as sad a travesty if the country brought war on itself as Europe did 70 years ago.

That, I'm hoping at least, was the major point. I see nothing bad, insulting, or flaming about the post.

Have they ever found any artifacts or anything old or interesting while digging these tunnels?

Last edited by jeffyl00b; November 9th, 2008 at 03:52 PM.
jeffyl00b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #147
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

every action brings a reaction!
iran was on its way into a democracy when the cia overthrew mossadeq(who wanted independence and nationalize our oil and not let it steal by the west)!
like they did with salvador allende!
but i as an young iranian wants a independent iran with goodrelations to its neighbours and other countrys--but the usa is is no position topromote peace and democarcy!
if it is about democracy why nobody is talkingabout saudi arabia!
3/4 of the highjackers 9.11 were saudis!women are even not allowed to drive!
so obviously its not about democraty its about interests!
and usa has no interest in a strong iran and independent iran!
usa has even used atomic bombs!
its the usa who the people have to fear doing crazy stuff!
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #148
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 157

agree!!

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #149
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyl00b View Post
I completely agree with what is he saying and he makes a terrific point. While the gov't of Iran is catagorically the #1 state sponsor or terrorist groups(and not's let go off and fight about what is a terror group versus "legit" group) in the world, every picture I see shows normal people in cosmopolitan settings. And the girls are gorgeous apparently.
You're unfair with the U.S. As a state sponsor of terrorist groups or "Rogue states" they deserve the first place. But wathever..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyl00b View Post
Have they ever found any artifacts or anything old or interesting while digging these tunnels?
I guess they have not as Tehran is a very young city. But it should not be the same In historical cities of Esfahan and Shiraz where they are digging tunnels for underground LRT.
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #150
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

MEED: Tehran metro funding admirable
PRESS TV | November 10, 2008

Tehran has successfully attracted investment by its local private sector to finance infrastructure plans especially in the transportation sector. Tehran, the largest city in the Middle East, faces big traffic problems and the development of the existing inadequate metro network is a priority for the Iranian government. Iran has been obliged to draw local investment into the projects because of a shortage of foreign investment, the Middle East Economic Digest (MEED) said.

MEED is a 50-year-old London based business intelligence tool, providing analysis and commentary on Middle Eastern markets, companies and projects. According to MEED, considering foreign bank's reluctance to invest in Tehran's metro project, Iran's ability to attract the local private sector to back the expansion of Tehran's subway is admirable.

A pilot plan that the government started this year to lessen the financial weight of the project, has boosted hopes to expand the subway system of Tehran. Under the scheme, the Government buys land and sells it to companies at discounted prices. The contractors can develop the land as they wish but they need to include a metro station into the work and agree to share profits from their project on a short-term basis. Tehran's urban centers spread over a distance of about 200 km.

Along with extension work on the Tehran metro, six metro other metro projects are being built at Esfahan, Mashhad, Karaj, Tabriz, Shiraz and Ahwaz. In total, 172 extra kilometers will be built in Tehran between now and 2012 and over 380 kilometers in the other cities. All these work sites are ongoing at present
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #151
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesMetroBoy View Post
This thread is a split for me, as a US Soldier serving in Iraq, i see iran as a destabalizing force in the reigon and a bigger threat than anything else. I also see my beleif on the faces of the iraqis i work with on a daily basis.

But outside the political realm the people of iran are nice people. Ive never had a problem with them except that im american, and theres a completly insane animosity towards the US that ive seen. However the people and the city of Tehran look beautifil (much better than sand infested -OPSEC- im in now). THe Metro is wonderfull and i wish more Petrol dollars were spent backing systems like this both in Iran and the US than systems that destory massive amounts of life and property. But since that wont happen, good luck on ya and hope i never have to fight Hagi in these stations. M4 bullets do such damage to murals, which was fun in 04 but gets old by 08.
I'm not a fan at all of Iran but even I know not to bring the war into this thread. This thread is about the Tehran Metro, located under the Subways and Urban Transport System subforum. Can you try to separate the two issues, regardless of your personal experience as a soldier?
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #152
alitezar
Persian 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbaze tabarestan View Post
MEED: Tehran metro funding admirable
PRESS TV | November 10, 2008

Tehran has successfully attracted investment by its local private sector to finance infrastructure plans especially in the transportation sector. Tehran, the largest city in the Middle East, faces big traffic problems and the development of the existing inadequate metro network is a priority for the Iranian government. Iran has been obliged to draw local investment into the projects because of a shortage of foreign investment, the Middle East Economic Digest (MEED) said.

MEED is a 50-year-old London based business intelligence tool, providing analysis and commentary on Middle Eastern markets, companies and projects. According to MEED, considering foreign bank's reluctance to invest in Tehran's metro project, Iran's ability to attract the local private sector to back the expansion of Tehran's subway is admirable.

A pilot plan that the government started this year to lessen the financial weight of the project, has boosted hopes to expand the subway system of Tehran. Under the scheme, the Government buys land and sells it to companies at discounted prices. The contractors can develop the land as they wish but they need to include a metro station into the work and agree to share profits from their project on a short-term basis. Tehran's urban centers spread over a distance of about 200 km.

Along with extension work on the Tehran metro, six metro other metro projects are being built at Esfahan, Mashhad, Karaj, Tabriz, Shiraz and Ahwaz. In total, 172 extra kilometers will be built in Tehran between now and 2012 and over 380 kilometers in the other cities. All these work sites are ongoing at present
Very good news ST. Thanks
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #153
mike7743

Likes (Received): 973

women only trains?

are you kidding me?

what in the world...
mike7743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #154
alitezar
Persian 44

Not women only trains, only the first cabin of Tehran's metro is for women whom prefer not to be mixed with men in crowded rush hour or other times. Other than the first one, the rest of each train is mix of both men & women.
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #155
LoverOfDubai

Likes (Received): 0

The Dubai Metro will have a similar car. In the Dubai Metro thread, many people have a similar reaction as mike7743. They think that if there is a women-only car, then all other cars are men only. Of course, that is not the case.
LoverOfDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #156
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Women-only passenger cars ... are railway or subway cars on which men are not allowed. They are offered on some Japanese train lines. Egypt, India, Taiwan, Brazil, Mexico (at certain times of day), Belarus and the Philippines also offer women-only train cars, while passengers in some other countries have demanded their introduction. Such cars are slated to be introduced in Seoul, South Korea in 2008. In Japan, the special cars were introduced to combat lewd conduct, particularly groping (chikan).
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #157
eL yOrSh

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbaze tabarestan View Post
in iran if a woman wants to travel with man its ok!
image hosted on flickr

it is as normal as in other citys!
but many woman specialy elder or more religiouse women dont want to sit next man!we should respect everybody!
so if u want to travel with man its cool and if not its cool too!
in mexico city they have cars for women (the metro), to avoid the harassment,
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #158
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

thanx
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #159
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4832

They have what is known as a 'Ladies compartment' in all Bombay (Mumbai) suburban railway trains.
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #160
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

thanx again

Tags
metro, tehran