daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Old January 20th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #41
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 51

I know, I thought I did :s brodmeir changed the post for me so its not really my first post...

I dont like the proposal with the busstation over the tracks.. Think it takes to much space they can delvelop to apartments and stuff instead...
mjoks007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #42
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 153

So where do you want to put a bus-station?;D
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #43
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 51

It can be over the tracks, but dont use so much space as the picture show, more like this:
mjoks007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #44
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 180

As IceCheese have mentioned a few times, a realistic placement of a bus terminal would be above the southernmost tracks. The interuption of rail traffic during construction makes is practically impossible to built it any other place. That's what I and IceCheese was told during the last "Åpen dag i Bjørvika".

About like this:
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:04 AM   #45
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 232

I can't see that being enough space for the bus terminal; surely the idea must be to make it bigger and better, not just move it. And yes, it will be expensive to build above those tracks, but sooner or later we will have to do it anyway. And I think a government backed public project will be the most realistic way of doing it.

I wonder, though, since the proposed 127m'er is shown with this bus terminal proposal at its side, what exactly is the connection? Is this just a good idea made as an afterthought? Or is it needed, somehow, to make the project work at all?

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM   #46
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 273

It is because the capacity of current terminal is basicly breached, so there originally was proposed to use the two lower floors of this plot for an expansion of the terminal, which efficiently would destroy KLPE's plans as presented in this thread..

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM   #47
Spearman
NWO Henchman

In that case, I would like to downgrade my 35% completion estimate. I think that might be used as a rationale for some serious NIMBYism on this tower. It might set a precedent NOT based on a fanatically religious opposition towards anything above five stories, you know.

Not good. Not good at all. Are you aware of any other plots that have been considered for a new bus terminal?

Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM   #48
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

A relevant story: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/o...ngen/1.1941182

I haven't heard of any other suggestions, no. The are around Jernbanetorget isn't the easist place to find such room, no... I truly wish the track-area of Oslo s could be dug up, so we could start from scratch. My best suggestion is to tear down BOTH galleri Oslo and the gunnerus 14 property, and make a busterminal at the same level as Jernbanetorget T, but that woul make problems with the subway again... No easy solutions in this case!

Old January 24th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #49
Ingenioren

Underground would be the best, i read somewhere a few days ago, SINTEF wanted to make an underground kommuneplan for cities in Norway, to place malls and warehouses, parking and such primarily underground... And why not a bus-terminal to, with a direct tunnel from the Ekebergtunnel-ramps perhaps Klp-building can work as a chimney for the underground terminal;D
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #50
Mulefisk

Likes (Received): 40

An undergound bus terminal is a great idea. Bus terminals really take a lot of space away from the street level without really giving anything back. And hey, if train stations can be underground, why not bus stations?
Mulefisk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #51
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulefisk View Post
An undergound bus terminal is a great idea. Bus terminals really take a lot of space away from the street level without really giving anything back. And hey, if train stations can be underground, why not bus stations?
Because trains are electric. Buses are not, they need the air to circulate. It's not impossible ofc, just not quite as easy - you really need more air intakes than a similar sized underground parking lot, and even they can be quite unpleasant at times.

But as long as they can keep the tower, I'm all for it.

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #52
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

The busdrivers in Ruter are so obsessed with letting the bus run with the engine on all the time, so it would never work!

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #53
Mulefisk

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearman View Post
Because trains are electric. Buses are not, they need the air to circulate. It's not impossible ofc, just not quite as easy - you really need more air intakes than a similar sized underground parking lot, and even they can be quite unpleasant at times.

But as long as they can keep the tower, I'm all for it.
As long as you seal the actual station from the boarding areas, which again would have to be sealed from the tunnel leading down to the station, I don't see why it would be a problem as long as there are plenty of vents.

Still, more costly of course than building it above ground. Does anyone know if there even are any underground bus stations out there in the world? I've never heard of any.
Mulefisk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #54
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

There is one in the Kampen/Kamppi in Helsinki.

http://www.photoeurasia.com/catalog.php?id=17512

Old January 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #55
Ingenioren

I'm sure there are many, i know the one in New York is partly underground...

Espoo:
image hosted on flickr

Seattle:
image hosted on flickr

Here is a link to the report made by Rambøll on the subject of solutions for a new terminal:
http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=1791876

Alternatives:
Under Jernbanetorget
Under DEG(Expensive, but loving it, yes,yes,yes.)
On top of the tracks. (Expensive, but great use of space.)
Far away from Oslo S. (Simply ridiculous for passengers)
Posten building. (Cheap and good location, downside = No skyscraper.)

Why didn't MAD just put the Scraper on top of the terminal? This is what must happend! Anything else is dreaming)

- Klp financing a piece of a new terminal it in exchange of getting their scraper, and simular means of financing. (Loving that idea, would give us tall buildings as well as decent public infrastructure instead of the common cheap solutions.)

I know all of you hate Galleri Oslo and Schweigaardsgate, so what if they keept the arrangement as it is now, and built some sort of roof/pedestrian crossing on top of it with elevators down to the different parts of the "new" terminal in Galleri Oslo, in Schweigaardsgate and in BG 14. - the bridges being built now over Oslo S could be extended over it? Wouldn't this be more easy?

Anyway, the area around Oslo S, will be subject to a large områdeplan by the city, and everything freezes untill it is done:
http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=1979785

Last edited by Ingenioren; January 28th, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #56
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

They should do something about the Jernbanetorget subway station at the same time... The capacity on the escalators and platforms is way breached too. What they should do is making two larger platforms with tracks on both sides. One for east-bound and one for west-bound. That would increase capacity for both trains as well as passengers.

A new area plan for Oslo S is really good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
Here is a link to the report made by Rambøll on the subject of solutions for a new terminal:
Alternatives:
Under Jernbanetorget
Please don't dig up Jernbanetorget again!!!

Old January 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #57
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Well, if it is indeed an option to place the terminal underneath the new high rise, I think that's perhaps the way to go. Like Ingenioren said, get the new owners to finance part of the new station in exchange for disregarding any height limits. Superb.

Problems:
1) NIMBYism

2) Making an underground bus station in such manner as to not come into conflict with existing/future subway infrastructure

3) It's already quite expensive to build high rises in Oslo because of the loose soil. Getting too greedy on how much we can get from KLP on the bus station might kill the project.

4) Financial crisis - construction start in 2011 means it won't have to cope, but executives tend to believe all of the future is like the here-and-now.

Old January 31st, 2009, 10:06 PM   #58
Phthalm

Likes (Received): 6

I really love the design and the height, and even the location is perfect! In my mind this would be the perfect addition to the Oslo skyline. A lot of nice projects in the pipe now, Oslo is going to look gorgeous in a few years.
Phthalm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM   #59
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Hey, does this project have its own thread in the proposed high rises section?

Old February 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #60
marshol
Landsc. Architect

You mean in the World Development News Forums? Yes it is. Made by Þróndeimr yesterday. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=800354

Last edited by marshol; February 4th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
marshol no está en línea   Reply With Quote