daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Delhi

Delhi Project News from the National Capital Region - Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Manesar, Yeida

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 91 votes, 4.99 average.
Old June 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #921
numb.soul

Likes (Received): 36

@ MOD :

Sponsored Links

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #922
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_226 View Post
Will there be bucket seats on that grand stand? Iam curious...
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #923
gentem
────✩

Renders can be added to first page:

http://www.autocarindia.com/image/indian-gp-circuit
gentem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #924
World8115

Pics ki bahaar dekh kar maza aa gaya. Thanks a lot MOD
World8115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #925
saravanainfo

Likes (Received): 0

Ohhh..... My...... Goodness.....

These pictures are breathtaking.... You have done an amazing job. MOD Hats off to you.

When they initially showed this project layout, i didn't really think it will be of this caliber... now I understand the level of commitment, perfection and work going on it... Seems really world class... looks like a very good track being worked out there.... I am sure it will be a spectacular event.

Many thanks to thousands of workers working out there
saravanainfo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #926
sathya_226
DIPLOMAT

Likes (Received): 23

Guys, we have some reasons to worry now... If this is the case, then probably Bahrain GP will stand cancelled and India may have to conduct the race in october itself.....

Ecclestone wants new vote on Bahrain Grand Prix

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has called for a rethink, and a fresh vote, on last week's controversial decision to hold the postponed Bahrain Grand Prix in October.

Max Mosley, former head of the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) and a long-time Ecclestone ally, also weighed in on Tuesday by saying the calendar could not be changed without the agreement of all the teams and the race had no chance of going ahead.

Bahrain decision a costly mistake for F1: Mosley

The FIA announced on Friday that Bahrain, first scheduled as the season-opener in March but postponed due to civil unrest, would be held on October 30 in place of the Indian Grand Prix.

The inaugural New Delhi event was moved to a date yet to be agreed as the last race of the season in December.

Ecclestone told the Times newspaper that it would be better to move Bahrain to the end of the season, and suggested a fax vote could be organised at short notice to overturn the International Automobile Federation (FIA) decision.

"The way things are at the moment, we have no idea what is going to happen," Ecclestone said of the situation in Bahrain, where police continue to arrest Shi'ite protestors.

"Better that we move Bahrain to the end of the season and, if things are safe and well, then that is fine, we can go. If they are not, then we don't go and there are no problems."

Ecclestone took issue with the FIA, who declared Bahrain a safe destination after a fact-finding mission last week by their Spanish vice-president Carlos Gracia.

"We listened to that report from the FIA and that was saying there were no problems at all in Bahrain," said Ecclestone. "But that is not what I am hearing and I think we can see that we need to be careful."

The decision to race in Bahrain has triggered widespread opposition, with human rights campaigners outraged by the move after anti-government protests prompted a bloody crackdown in the Gulf kingdom.

Formula One teams are also against extending the championship into December, while fans who had booked non-refundable flights and holidays to India for that grand prix stand to lose money.

Ecclestone said money, with the Bahrainis paying an estimated $40 million (24.3 million pounds) to host the race this year, was not the issue.

"It is whether it is safe and good to have a race, that is the issue," said the 80-year-old. "We can change this by October 30 date by having a vote by fax if necessary. It can be done, and fast."

Mosley, who left office in 2009 but remains influential within the FIA, agreed.

"He (Ecclestone) is right. I don't think there is the slightest chance the grand prix will actually happen," he told BBC radio.

"Apart from anything else you cannot change the calendar, in the way that is proposed to change, without the unanimous agreement of the teams."

The FIA said in a statement on Friday that the decision had been unanimously 'agreed' by the world motor sport council meeting in Barcelona.

More on Formula One

Two team principals, Force India's Vijay Mallya and Ferrari's Stefano Domenicali, attended that meeting.

FIA president Jean Todt could not confirm that there had indeed been unanimous agreement, however.

"I couldn't say precisely," Tuesday's Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying. "Was it 25 hands? 27? I saw all the hands up and said, 'Ah, unanimous agreement'. I pronounced it. And nobody objected. No one said 'I abstained' or 'I voted no'."

Mosley, who fought regular battles with the teams over the years and knows the intricacies of the rulebook as well as anyone, said it would be up to them to decide.

Source
sathya_226 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #927
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 570

then there could be one more option open for the F1 guys, i.e. open the 2012 season in India....coz in Dec, NCR experiences fog, so they could open the next season, but still lets hope +ively that things would take place in 2011...i mean F1 race!!
Old June 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #928
raakshas

Likes (Received): 37

A good article on the turn of the events until now

F1 shoots itself in both feet as FIA president Jean Todt fails to assert authority over Bahrain GP
raakshas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #929
bhargavsura

Nice man. Nice.
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #930
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Likes (Received): 613

excellent update IR bhai.....
KuwarOnline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #931
d_rk

Likes (Received): 108

Great Update MOD.... The work is going at war footing and i am no hesitation in saying that it will be finished on time.. Well no Babus involved in it..
Old June 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #932
IndianGangsta

Likes (Received): 0

I cannot see the photos? It says my bandwidth has been exceeded? How can I fix that?
IndianGangsta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #933
sathya_226
DIPLOMAT

Bahrain GP cannot happen, says Bernie Ecclestonea

Source: BBC

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has said October's reinstated Bahrain Grand Prix cannot go ahead.

The race was due to open the season in March but was called off because of civil unrest. Last week the FIA restored it to the calendar.

"Hopefully we can return in the future, but of course it's not on," Ecclestone told BBC Sport's Dan Roan.

"The schedule cannot be rescheduled without the agreement of the participants - they're the facts."

The teams wrote to the FIA on Tuesday expressing their objections to Bahrain being put back on the calendar.

The decision to reinstate Bahrain was taken at a meeting of the FIA World Council on Friday, where the vote was passed without any objections.

But it seems the FIA had overlooked article 66 of its own sporting code, which says that no amendments can be made to the arrangements for a championship after entries open without the agreement of all competitors.

A senior insider described this oversight as "extraordinary".

Click to play

Max Mosley condemned the decision to reschedule the Bahrain race

Technically speaking, the vote remains valid, and in theory the FIA should have another vote to cancel it.

In reality, though, because the FIA did not follow its own rules, the teams can simply ignore it, as the vote cannot take effect without their agreement.

That means that, because the teams have formally objected to the reinstatement to the Bahrain race, it cannot now take place this year, so the event will not happen, regardless of what actions the FIA now takes.

The Bahrain Grand Prix was called off in February because of pro-democracy protests in which more than 20 people died.

However, the FIA chose to reinstate the race after a report suggested that the country's situation has "stabilised". Bahrain was given India's slot on the 20-race calendar on 30 October with the inaugural race in India moved to a provisional date of 11 December.

The decision to reinstate Bahrain and to reorganise a 2011 season in which six races have already been completed led to reaction from former FIA chairman Max Mosley, Red Bull driver Mark Webber, the teams and third parties unconnected with the sport.

Avaaz, an international campaigning organisation, immediately issued a statement in which it contradicted the FIA's findings.

"Claims that calm has been restored and life is back to normal in Bahrain are completely untrue," said campaign director Alex Wilks. "In the last week the police have continued to use tear gas, rubber bullets and sound grenades to break up peaceful marches, killing and injuring dozens of people."

The teams wrote to the FIA, under the auspices of their umbrella group Fota, making it clear their opposition to the Bahrain race happening in 2011.
ANDREW BENSON ANALYSIS
Continue reading the main story

Bernie Ecclestone's remarks are simply a confirmation of what was already reality once the teams objected. The FIA made what appears to be a catastrophic oversight in ignoring its rule that says it needs the approval of the teams before changes to the calendar are made. They will now look to find a way to save face while formalising a situation that already exists - there will be no Bahrain race this year.
Read more on Andrew's blog

They say it is not practical to add the race at the end of a long season and asked for the Indian Grand Prix to be moved back to its original date.

BBC Sport understands that Fota - which represents all the F1 teams bar back-of-the-grid Hispania - expressed its objections to Bahrain being rescheduled on logistical grounds, its letter saying that the idea of adding a 20th race in December would be "unbearable to our staff".

"The reason the teams get quite upset about the December factor is that it's a massive commitment for the guys that go racing," McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe told BBC Sport. "And that is typically when they have their holidays."

And while the letter does not register any moral or ethical objections to the idea of a race in Bahrain, sources say the teams do have such concerns.

The teams, and the majority of F1's decision makers, head to Canada this weekend for the seventh race of the season where there is expected to be more discussion on the future of the Bahrain GP and the 2011 calendar.
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #934
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Now that's a great news, but will everything be ready now, by Oct???
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #935
Master of Disguise
In the brig

Likes (Received): 415

Yes, it will be ...bro
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #936
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Chalo tab toh badhiya hai!!...ab bus CWG jaisa KLPD na ho jaye!!
Old June 8th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #937
bhargavsura

Thats what I am hoping as well. CWG ka to tamasha ban ke reh gaya tha.
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #938
sathya_226
DIPLOMAT

I hope there is no Gaandmasti this time unlike CWG!
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #939
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGangsta View Post
I cannot see the photos? It says my bandwidth has been exceeded? How can I fix that?
we cannot see it either now. its not your but MOD's daily bandwidth that exceeded.
wait for a day so new quota of bandwidth arrives.
or ask him to upload it on different site. (not recommanded)
or register with photobucket, log in and go to MOD's channel and see all his pictures
Old June 10th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #940
raakshas

Likes (Received): 37

So it's officially over for Bahrain.

Bahrain accepts cancellation of Grand Prix

Leaves me wondering, how the eff BBC got their "Indian GP might be cancelled" report
raakshas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: