daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 304 votes, 4.96 average.
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #4741
mr_madras

Likes (Received): 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddycool10 View Post
The stretch between kallikuppam and cmbt, route no. 170L has become popular, which runs through wavin to go to vandalur zoo via cmbt. This made MTC to change from 20L to M70L, which goes on the very popular route M70A to ambathur. This wont make ppl get confused.!!!

In that case route number should be either 270L or 170x. first entire 70/170 series has to be re numbered properly and to remove all M suffix.
mr_madras no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #4742
Arul Murugan

Likes (Received): 3429

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddycool10 View Post
The patronage of volvo buses has become slightly better months after the bus fare hike.. For an eg: 7M and 7H which showed poor patronage after the fare hike have become slightly better nowadays...!!! Hope the MTC buys more volvo buses to increase the patronage which will divert attraction to the share auto commuters!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
Nowadays climate in Chennai starts Sunny. This is the reason that people starts using A/c Volvo Buses...... The patronage will increase up to May or June end. After that it will become low.
19B Volvo patronage is evergreen. But still they can reap huge money if they terminate the volvo buses inside the Sipcot park instead of Kelambakkam.

For me it is 50% fare hike in AC buses.. earlier it was 30 rupees and now it is 45 rupees.

அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #4743
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 7976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
19B Volvo patronage is evergreen. But still they can reap huge money if they terminate the volvo buses inside the Sipcot park instead of Kelambakkam.

For me it is 50% fare hike in AC buses.. earlier it was 30 rupees and now it is 45 rupees.
Bossu, Vangunga Passu
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #4744
Murali Bala

Likes (Received): 49

Folks, Have anyone taken a Luxury Bus from Chennai to Kodaikanal (KPN, Parveen etc.) Planning for a summer trip and any info will be appreciated. I checked up KPN and they have a sleeper (bed) configuration. Not sure how it is in the ghat road, my expereince on ordinary highway was horrible.
Murali Bala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #4745
mr_madras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murali Bala View Post
Folks, Have anyone taken a Luxury Bus from Chennai to Kodaikanal (KPN, Parveen etc.) Planning for a summer trip and any info will be appreciated. I checked up KPN and they have a sleeper (bed) configuration. Not sure how it is in the ghat road, my expereince on ordinary highway was horrible.
Best way to reach kodaikanal from chennai is by train upto kodai road comfortably then bus or travel cab depend upon number of people. anyhow nothing to do with MTC
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #4746
anekho
Rising Son of the East!

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
HC:slap criminal charges against ‘Bus day’ revelers

Chennai,Feb10(TruthDive):The Madras High court which banned the practice of ‘Bus day’ celebration last year has given the police a free hand to deal with the menace and directed the city police to slap various criminal charges against ‘Bus Day’ revelers.

“Students force bus crew to divert the route or halt at undesignated places so they can be charged under Section 332 of the IPC (causing hurt to deter a public servant from duty),” said former city public prosecutor M Shahjahan. “As they threaten and coerce bus crew as well as passengers who object to their conduct, they can be booked for criminal intimidation under sections 506(i) and 506(ii).”

Action has to be taken against the students who damage buses, which are public property, under Prevention of Destruction and Loss of Property Act, 1981, he added. “They travel on the roof of the bus, which is an offence under the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act. They cause public nuisance. Hijacking the bus and using foul language are offences too,” Shahjahan said.
In spite of the fact that they create a disturbance and hold the public to ransom time after time few cases have been registered against these students “They are guilty of wrongful restraint of bus crew and confinement of the travelling public,” said former special public prosecutor in the human rights court V Kannadasan. “These are cognizable offences, and hence police do not need a warrant to arrest the students. Unless the students are dealt with strictly, they will not stop.”

“Police and the judiciary are hesitating to punish them because they are students. There should be no reluctance as these students deserve no leniency or sympathy,” Kannadasan added.

Last year, a bench comprising chief justice M Yusuf Eqbal and justice Sivagnanam banned ‘Bus Day’ and directed the authorities not to allow the ‘bus day’ celebrations. The DGP and the commissioner were directed to stop the practice.
Source
anekho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4747
sscm

Likes (Received): 48

Hopefully, a candidate for induction into MTC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscm View Post
Spotted in Chennai - looks like a slightly lower cost (non-AC?) version of Ashok Leyland's JanBus FBV. I say low cost because the front passenger windows were of the sliding type (again hinting about non-AC version) as opposed to the fixed type shown in official AL releases on the model.

The bus had 'ON TEST' posted on all sides and one could see a lot of packing tape hanging from the sides of the roof - perhaps the camo had been removed recently. To add to the 'prototype' look, the last window glass panel on the left side seems to have been damaged during testing and in its place was a cardboard panel, SETC style!

In closing, it did seem like it was on test for AL's own R&D purposes rather than as a demo for MTC - but I must confess that I have no way of being sure. Lets hope we see a few of these in service with MTC at the earliest!

Extremely sorry about the photo quality though - all were shot from a (fast) moving car...Enjoy!

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
sscm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #4748
Arul Murugan

Likes (Received): 3429

MTC or TNSTC has not ordered any of such AC buses!!

We have to wait and see if there is any proposal coming in march 2012 budget.. so such trial run may be either for AL's own product development or it could be for other cities or states. But colour of the bus resembles the first semi low floor buses which 2001-2006 amaiyar gvt ordered in 2005 and started to roll in the city roads by 2006.

Any way thanks for sharing.

Doors should be more border....

அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #4749
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post

MTC can try volvos in the following routes, which can give them good collection:
1. Madhya Kailash - Siruseri - New route.
2. Adyar - Tambaram East - C51.
3. Thiruvanmyur - Avadi / ICF - 47D - Can be made permenant - Saw MTC experimenting this route with Volvos.
4. Thiruvanmyur - Tambaram - T51. - This also can be made permenant.
5. Thiruvanmyur - Vandalur - A21.

Now, at the cost of Volvos in the route 21G, they are experimenting the above new routes, including Broadway - KK Nagar and Broadway - Iyyapanthangal.
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4750
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post
Bossu, Vangunga Passu
But, no passes for AC buses....
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #4751
Dilip joseph

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_thapalathy View Post
MTC can try volvos in the following routes, which can give them good collection:
2. Adyar - Tambaram East - C51.
3. Thiruvanmyur - Avadi / ICF - 47D - Can be made permenant - Saw MTC experimenting this route with Volvos.
4. Thiruvanmyur - Tambaram - T51. - This also can be made permenant.
5. Thiruvanmyur - Vandalur - A21.

Now, at the cost of Volvos in the route 21G, they are experimenting the above new routes, including Broadway - KK Nagar and Broadway - Iyyapanthangal.
47D thiruvanmiur-Avadi has got no volvo buses,its 47A thiruvanmiur-ICF got volvo buses..
Dilip joseph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4752
vinodgopal

Likes (Received): 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilip joseph View Post
47D thiruvanmiur-Avadi has got no volvo buses,its 47A thiruvanmiur-ICF got volvo buses..
yes, having worked in tidel park i agree 100%. But have they introduced it now - thats why i did not comment
vinodgopal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #4753
Dilip joseph

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodgopal View Post
yes, having worked in tidel park i agree 100%. But have they introduced it now - thats why i did not comment
No there is no volvo bus service in 47D.
Dilip joseph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #4754
mr_madras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilip joseph View Post
No there is no volvo bus service in 47D.
Share auto irrukara varaikum no volvo for 47D/A47/147C , 27H/L & 24C route
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #4755
proprashanth

Likes (Received): 970

hi guys... today i was shocked to see one incident on MTC bus.... the driver seems to change gear without applying clutch and the sound was unbearable... i asked him why is he doing like it and i said it will cause gear failure or even breakdown.. for that he said 'atha appadi thaan maathanum thambi.. intha busellam athukku etha mathuri thaan thaiyaar pannirukanga'... i was so furious after hearing this but didn't know what to do...
i have noticed this sound many times in many buses but never knew these senseless fools change gears like this without any moral responsibility... no wonder MTC runs in losses... just think about the maintenance cost they will cause..
proprashanth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #4756
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 7976

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprashanth View Post
hi guys... today i was shocked to see one incident on MTC bus.... the driver seems to change gear without applying clutch and the sound was unbearable... i asked him why is he doing like it and i said it will cause gear failure or even breakdown.. for that he said 'atha appadi thaan maathanum thambi.. intha busellam athukku etha mathuri thaan thaiyaar pannirukanga'... i was so furious after hearing this but didn't know what to do...
i have noticed this sound many times in many buses but never knew these senseless fools change gears like this without any moral responsibility... no wonder MTC runs in losses... just think about the maintenance cost they will cause..
Actually the clutchpad has to be replaced periodically as there will be heavy wear & tear. MTC maintenance crew clutch pad matthinadha accountla ezhuthuvanga. Ana Matha mattanga. Appadiye vithuduvanga.

Thenju pona clutch pad use panni Clutch engage panna mudiyadhu. Clutch pedal press panninalum engage agathu.

Kadamuda Sabdham dhan varum.

Edhukkaga andha effort nu drivers clutch pedal use pannaradu illa.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #4757
proprashanth

Likes (Received): 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post
Actually the clutchpad has to be replaced periodically as there will be heavy wear & tear. MTC maintenance crew clutch pad matthinadha accountla ezhuthuvanga. Ana Matha mattanga. Appadiye vithuduvanga.

Thenju pona clutch pad use panni Clutch engage panna mudiyadhu. Clutch pedal press panninalum engage agathu.

Kadamuda Sabdham dhan varum.

Edhukkaga andha effort nu drivers clutch pedal use pannaradu illa.
OMG... MTC officials are responsible for it then..
proprashanth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4758
azadsky

Likes (Received): 4

[QUOTE=dr_thapalathy;88450212]MTC can try volvos in the following routes, which can give them good collection:

Madhya Kailash -Siruseri might not work well but if it is like Guindy or Adyar - Siruseri then it is a boon for the IT folks in OMR...
azadsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #4759
anekho
Rising Son of the East!

Likes (Received): 240

Chennai: MTC buses from Airport to ply on new route

Quote:
CHENNAI: The air-conditioned mini-bus services being operated between the Chennai Airport and the city for the past few months will henceforth ply on a new route. The reason - poor patronage. The sad state of affairs has resulted in the buses running virtually empty. Come March, the four skyblue painted buses of the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) will be operated on only one stretch, which is towards Tiruvanmiyur in south Chennai via Kathipara Junction, Guindy, Adyar and Besant Nagar from the Airport instead of the two different routes.

Presently, two buses ply between the Airport and Egmore Railway Station through Kathipara Junction, Guindy, Anna University, Adyar, Alwarpet Flyover and Cathedral Road, while the remaining two services head from Airport to Anna Nagar West via Kathipara Junction, Ashok Pillar and CMBT.

A decision in this regard was taken after a meeting was held between the officials of the MTC and the Airport Authorities of India in Chennai, recently. "The new route is likely to be used from the first week of March," a senior official with MTC told City Express. "This will also help bridge the huge gap in the frequency between any two services, which is one of the major reasons identified as the cause for poor patronage," the official added.

The luxury air-conditioned coaches are being operated at a frequency of once every hour. However, the prevailing traffic congestion across the city due to the ongoing construction work for the Metro Rail project keeps extending the journey time, resulting in delayed departures. "If all the four coaches are operated at a single stretch, it will reduce the frequency by 30 minutes and will help us stick to schedules," official sources added.

Moreover, the mini bus services have been incurring heavy losses, which nullify the profit earned by other buses. Despite the daily revenue for these vehicles being fixed at anywhere between Rs 8,000 and Rs 9,000 everyday, the luxury vehicles have been able to achieve only half the target -- around Rs 4000, reports suggest.
Source
anekho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4760
azadsky

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Chennai: MTC buses from Airport to ply on new route

Source
I have seen these buses running empty once in CMBT and once on the Airport entrance... Any idea abt the fares in these buses? Is it like the AC VOLVO or special fare like what is with the VayuVajra in blore?
azadsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: