daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 308 votes, 4.96 average.
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM   #5161
Lakshmanan87

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_jack007 View Post
what happen route nos 5T,5M,5K its all buses stating from taramani bus stand. But now only one bus running from taramani bus stand. its 5C
7K- Tharamani to Tnagar(M7 diverted ,Only 1 bus morning & eve)
5k - Tharamani to mylapore(5B diverted, Only 1 bus morning & eve)

Thanks,
Lakshman
Lakshmanan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM   #5162
mr_madras

Likes (Received): 792

15B volvo coming from CMBT(sorry for the poor quality)

mr_madras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #5163
kumarsubbiah

Likes (Received): 2

New MTC bus service introduced between Highcourt and chitlapakkam. It was published in dinathanthi news paper.
kumarsubbiah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #5164
kumarsubbiah

Likes (Received): 2

Today evening noticed 29J with fleet no MVJ0059 & 60. Atlast depot allocated.
kumarsubbiah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #5165
ramsrr

Likes (Received): 24

I noticed some route with Extension. I dont know it new route or existing route....

48C Extn Valallar Nagar to Guindy Est

23C Extn Korattur to Thiruvanmiyur

70C Exp Extn Nanganallur to Koyambedu

I also noticed some routes with depo's also changed:

15B Trailer bus is operated by Avadi depo....

22B Korattur to Anna Square which operated by Ambattur Depo has changed to Ayanavaram depo...
ramsrr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #5166
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 280

TNSTC Kumbakonam is to construct a automatic bus washing machine in some of it's depots. Please check this link.

MTC to construct bus body building unit at its Chrompet Workshop. Please check this link.
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #5167
mr_madras

Likes (Received): 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrr View Post
I noticed some route with Extension. I dont know it new route or existing route....

48C extn & 23C Extn is definitely new route
mr_madras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #5168
ceeznic pirate
Racine, WI

Likes (Received): 3331

Saw a new route 66S(Poonamalle - Sholinganallur) Via Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam radial road today
ceeznic pirate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #5169
Ramesh-NTM

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_madras View Post
48C extn & 23C Extn is definitely new route
23C extn is not new route. MTC earlier had 1 bus doing trips in this route. But I'm not sure if the same is continuing or withdrawn & being re-introduced now. I remember seeing a guy in this route but couldn't recollect any other detail.

Ramesh
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #5170
Dilip joseph

Quote:

22B Korattur to Anna Square which operated by Ambattur Depo has changed to Ayanavaram depo...
15B is not operated with Avadi depot AVI,its operated with Anna nagar depot ANI.
Dilip joseph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #5171
karkal

Likes (Received): 7974

City to get 150 new buses

Quote:
CHENNAI: The city will get 150 new buses soon. This is among the various announcements, including GPS systems and e-ticketing facilities for all buses, to be made by the transport minister in the state assembly on May 7.

Managing directors of all the seven transport corporations in the state met in the minister's cell on Wednesday to finalise the decisions.

In November last year, 176 buses were announced and 33 were added to the MTC fleet last month. "The rest will be added shortly," said a senior MTC official. The corporation now has 3,497 buses, about 10% of which are used as spare vehicles. Officials say the new buses will be used to increase the frequency of services or extend existing routes. "No new routes have been planned. The demand on existing routes will first be catered to," said the official. Experts say at least 1,000 more buses are need to cater to the demand. "MTC should look to have about 7,200 buses by 2017," says Shreya Gadepalli of the Institute of Transportation and Development Policy.

Transport corporations in the state are also looking forward to implementing GPRS-based e-tickets. E-tickets that look like existing ones will be connected to a server that will collect information such as number of tickets sold on a particular stretch, the frequency of services and the running time. The machines will help plug revenue leakages through sale of old unused tickets and prevent human errors while entering daily sales. They will also help plan bus frequency according to the data collected.

Apart from the GPRS-enabled e-ticketing machines, MTC is looking to enabling all its buses with GPS. Some 500 buses on 15 routes, including High Court-Vandalur Zoo (A18), HC-Tambaram (18A) and Broadway-Saidapet (18K), have GPS systems presently.
karkal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #5172
ramsrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilip joseph View Post
15B is not operated with Avadi depot AVI,its operated with Anna nagar depot ANI.
I saw the 15B Trailer bus in Broadway bus terminus with Avadi depo. Fleet No is: AVI 0498. In night service i seen past few years AMI depo also operating in 15B route.
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #5173
ss87

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
I saw the 15B Trailer bus in Broadway bus terminus with Avadi depo. Fleet No is: AVI 0498. In night service i seen past few years AMI depo also operating in 15B route.
Probably starts and ends as M70A and runs on 15B during the day time
ss87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #5174
rskarthik2k3

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:

Are you sure it was 70C Extn Exp....I dont remember seeing it in Nanganallur, but what we already have is M27C Extn/Exp that plies between Nanganallur and CMBT.
rskarthik2k3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5175
rskarthik2k3

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh-NTM View Post
M119 express is being operated by Alandur depot and it is augmentation of existing services. When a good number of people return to MTC (who have currently kept themselves away from MTC due to fare hike), they will do all such tactics to make itself as a "Premium Service" ONLY in cost but not in service still claiming to be poor man's friend. Transport minister will still keep reading comparative stats about ordinary, express vs deluxe in previous regime.

Ramesh
Having said that normal buses are getting converted to Express, there are also few Express services that have been converted to White board recently as i can notice in area i live (Nanganallur)
rskarthik2k3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #5176
ramsrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskarthik2k3 View Post
Are you sure it was 70C Extn Exp....I dont remember seeing it in Nanganallur, but what we already have is M27C Extn/Exp that plies between Nanganallur and CMBT.
Sorry. M27C Extn/Exp only correct.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #5177
lordvijay

Likes (Received): 0

Saw a new route 11E today, pies from kk nagar to broadway. Dunno how it's different from 11G, which does the same.
lordvijay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #5178
kalyankumar

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:

In additon to the above extension services,

57D EXTN WHITE BOARD Broadway - Kanniamman Nagar, previously it was running between Broadway - Poochiattipedu as 57D

248A EXTN WHITE BOARD Vallalar Nagr -Madhanakuppam, previously between Vallalar Nagar - Kallikuppam as 248A. Twp services was there, but now one extended to Madhanakuppam.

20C WHITE BOARD Broadway - Pudur, previously it was from Oragadam, but now they extended upto Pudur without change in Service Number
kalyankumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #5179
murlee
ВANNED

Likes (Received): 4164

AC buses make hay while the sun shines

Quote:
On Friday afternoon, 60-year-old B. Venkata Krishnan hopped on to an MTC bus at Mylapore to visit his daughter in Pallavaram. At Mandaveli, he got off and ran into an air-conditioned bus that followed close behind. Mopping his brow, a relieved Krishnan took out tenors from his wallet as the conductor approached.

An increased patronage by commuters like Krishnan has increased the revenue generated by MTC's fleet of AC buses this summer.

Last month, the transport corporation earned Rs. 4.3 crore from ticket sales in its AC buses. This is a 29% jump from the earnings in March last year,
MTC officials said.

“During summer, commuters prefer to travel in AC buses even if there isn't any place to sit,” said a senior MTC official.

MTC operates about 100 AC buses, with each making 10 trips in the city every day. The fare ranges from Rs. 15 to Rs. 75.

“We have AC buses going to Kancheepuram and Mahabalipuram as well. A one-way journey to Kancheepuram will cost you Rs. 75,” the official said.

Revenue collection from these buses has increased over the months. In December, the total collection was Rs. 3.7 crore, a 12.5% increase over the earnings during the same month last year.

In January, the collection was nearly Rs. 3.8 crore, a 14.5% increase, and in February it was Rs 3.9 crore, a 27% jump from last year.

MTC officials said routes on East Coast Road and Old Mahabalipuram Road enjoyed most patronage. AC buses are a great way to beat the blazing sun, said office-goers.

“I prefer taking the AC bus to work every day. On days, when I miss it and end up travelling in an ordinary bus, I reach office drenched in sweat. MTC should increase the number and frequency of AC buses,” said S. Jayalakshmi, a resident of Guindy.

Officials say this is in the hands of the State Government. “An AC bus costs over Rs 80 lakh. We earn a revenue of around Rs 12,000 per day and during summer, it goes up. The rest of the year, there is a lull. But we continue to operate the buses as we do not want the vehicles to remain idle,” the official said.

The popularity of the buses comes with its own set of problems.

“When the bus gets overcrowded, the effect of the air-conditioning is drastically reduced. What is the point of charging a higher fare? Officials must find a way to address this problem,” said T. Ravikumar, president, All India Rail and Bus Passengers' Welfare Association.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle3361644.ece
murlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #5180
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 2656

Quote:
In January, the collection was nearly Rs. 3.8 crore, a 14.5% increase, and in February it was Rs 3.9 crore, a 27% jump from last year.
After increasing the fare by 50%?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: