daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2017, 08:37 PM   #421
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

The plan is to build three lines (at least) like other cities like Strasbourg or Bordeaux have done.

Corner to corner takes 40 minutes. That makes a suburb-centre average of 12-15 minutes and it is known that a subway will cost 3 times more for construction.

It is 12,8 km long and has an average of 19,2 km/h (when buses crossed city centre they had 12 km/h, not they will be a big greater because they do not cross hardest point most of them) and an average of 90.95.000 people/day

When planned, all parallel bus lines were down and it is considered as one public transport line more. This is, same fares, and should you pay with touchless card, fare is the same and entitled to link to bus-bus, bus-tramway, tramway-bus with the same price within an hour (and half of shares are from the same company that manages bus service).

There are plans to build a second line and I will never know if they seems to go on or are in the mist of times...

But according to your statement.... just compare public transport in Bordeaux (same population) or Strasbourg.
I would be happy to have their network

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #422
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I see it's a dead thread, but I post some photos:

I don't know what to think about this tram. It's nice and I like it but it fits rather to a town of a population of 150,000, not to one whoch is about four times larger.
There are no dead threads here, just dormant threads. I remember when I bumped Harbin thread last year after two years with no new posts there.

I see you visited Zaragoza recently. Did you spot bus line 41? It's the one that serves as my placeholder avatar. The original picture was taken by me almost four years ago in the outer suburb of Rosales del Canal, where line 41 ultimately goes.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #423
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
just compare public transport in Bordeaux (same population) or Strasbourg.
I would be happy to have their network
Please help me to understand. According to Wikipedia:
Bordeaux: 240,000
Strasbourg: 280,000
Zaragoza: 660,000
Which of these data is wrong?
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:58 PM   #424
Attus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I see you visited Zaragoza recently. Did you spot bus line 41?
No, I only visited the city center and the area betweeen the station Delicias and the center.
I arrived from Madrid to Delicias, walked to the center, then alongside the tram line up to Emperador Carlos V, took the tram back to Goya and a regional train back to Delicias. Then I travelled to Barcelona.
Old October 30th, 2017, 01:01 AM   #425
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Please help me to understand. According to Wikipedia:
Bordeaux: 240,000
Strasbourg: 280,000
Zaragoza: 660,000
Which of these data is wrong?
Population is correct but........

Bordeaux municipality has 49 km2 according to wikipedia
Zaragoza municipality has 973 km2 according to wikipedia (1/3 belongs to army btw)

Bordeaux tramway crosses several municipalities. If you search them in wikipedia, you have to go one per one... or you can look here

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordeaux_M%C3%A9tropole

and 761.000 people

Same case for Strasbourg

Old October 30th, 2017, 01:42 PM   #426
Attus

OK, I see what you mean.

Actually, I must admit: I don't know Zaragoza at all. I visited your city once, spent less than a day there. I have no idea about the location and geographical spread of populated areas and jobs.
So I don't want to criticize the way your mayor and city council work :-) I myself have, let's be frank, no idea.
I simply had the feeling, one single tram line and a sparsely used underground railway line don't seem to be effective enough in a city of this size.

However, on the other side I'm thankfou for your acitivity in this forum. I've been following this thread for years and I would never had the idea to visit Zaragoza without this thread.
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #427
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I cannot find original plan but... line 2 will be east-west and line 3 also north-south, sharing Independencia avenue. After that, maybe some branches could be built but I always wonder... will it fill a tramway (this is 2,5 double buses) in peak hours every five minutes?. If it will not, better let's remain buses.

There is a point that all local forumers disagree. System is nice.... if you have the transport card. You have to pay 2 euro as caution and charge with 5 euro minimum. Each journey you will do will take -0,74 from your credit and entitled to change of lines, even bus-bus or bus-tramway.
Nice... but not easy to get that card for a visitor. We know it

Old October 30th, 2017, 03:54 PM   #428
Attus

I only bought a single ticket for the tram, I forgot the price. I walked a lot :-) For the regional train from Goya to Delicias I used the Combinado Cercanías option for my AVE ticket.
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #429
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Few people use cercanías, partially because sometimes it doesn't deserve to wait for it, sometimes because it is unknown for population. My wife has to take a train next week and nearest cercanias will make her waiting for 30 minutes in the station. She says she will prefer to take a bus and no wait (and we live 10 minutes on foot to Goya station)

Your ticket costed 1,35 euro and available only for one journey.
Should you had a wireless card, 0,74 and after you get off tramway, entitled to take any bus within an hour (and you can go to a shop or wherever and taking later a bus to complete your journey... everything until one hour). Credit doesn't expire if touchless card... just when they will increase fares (it is a long time they do not, but they can do every year) for instance, next time a bit more expensive. But people in Zaragoza do not buy 10 tickets card or so but pay for credit in a card.

(and when I used it to go to airport, cost is 1,85 but can be used. For going, I paid 0,74 and linking... 1,11. For journey back, 1,85 in airport and free link to a bus going home)

Tags
aragón, metro, public transport, spain in the world, tram, zaragoza