daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #2701
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

Fouel prices went a bit down here:

unleaded reached $8.5 a gallon, diesel $7.8
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualità della vita
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #2702
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

I bought gas today like most people here in Montreal Canada as it is the cheapest it has been in a long time. 1.339 CAD per litre, for 87 (average) octane fuel (more or less same as 91 RON for our European friends)

This price will most likely increase by about 10 cents tomorrow as is normal...
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #2703
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

The Dutch government is contemplating lowering the excise on fuel, because it went op on January 1 and gas station owners complain about losing customers in the border areas. It is probably not a coincidence because the Central Bureau of Statistics reported today that the Q4 2013 economic growth was better than expected at +0.7% (they expected between 0.3 and 0.5%), which means higher revenues for the government to offset a possible fuel duty reduction.

Currently the excise duty is;

* € 0.76 per liter for petrol/gas
* € 0.48 per liter for diesel
* € 0.32 per liter for LPG/Autogas

On top of that is a strategic fuel supply tax and 21% sales tax over the excise duty and 21% sales tax over the market price. All taxes combined are over € 1 per liter.

The current petrol/gas price in the Netherlands is € 1.779 per liter, or $ 9.24 per gallon.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #2704
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 10628

Gas is ranging from $3.09 up to $3.19 a gallon for unleaded plus which is an 10% ethanol blend. Other ,unleaded regular and unleaded premium is 10. to .30 cents higher a gallon in Cedar Rapids IA..

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #2705
Kanadzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The Dutch government is contemplating lowering the excise on fuel, because it went op on January 1 and gas station owners complain about losing customers in the border areas.

The current petrol/gas price in the Netherlands is € 1.779 per liter, or $ 9.24 per gallon.
It's really strange that NL has such extremely high fuel taxes, considering a) it has all the gasoline because of Shell, etc and b) it's a 20 minute drive to any neighboring country and the price difference pays the trip
Old February 15th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #2706
myosh_tino

Likes (Received): 16

Prices in California have jumped about 20-30 cents a gallon over the past few weeks as refiners are switching from winter-blend to summer-blend gasoline. This requires the refineries to shut down while they do the conversion which leads to short-term shortages and rising prices. Some have said the California average may top $4 a gallon in the coming weeks.

In my area (San Jose, CA), regular unleaded is going for $3.69 a gallon. It was as low as $3.29 a few weeks ago.
myosh_tino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #2707
tosic

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosh_tino View Post
Prices in California have jumped about 20-30 cents a gallon over the past few weeks as refiners are switching from winter-blend to summer-blend gasoline. This requires the refineries to shut down while they do the conversion which leads to short-term shortages and rising prices. Some have said the California average may top $4 a gallon in the coming weeks.

In my area (San Jose, CA), regular unleaded is going for $3.69 a gallon. It was as low as $3.29 a few weeks ago.
Must be hard to pay such a high price for fuel compared to most of the western world
tosic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #2708
diesellahr

Likes (Received): 0

Das heutige Update in Deutschland.
Alle Preise verstehen sich pro Liter

Unleaded 95 RON: 1.609 €
Diesel: 1,459 €
Autogas: 0.759 €

Präsentiert von http://www.kern-brennstoffe.de
diesellahr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #2709
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosic View Post
Must be hard to pay such a high price for fuel compared to most of the western world
even compared to canada it's extremely cheap. $4.80 a gallon is the current price in Toronto. The provincial tax on it is probably going to start going up over the next few years, Gas is going to start getting even more expensive. (Likely closer to the $5.20 range). Highest I've seen prices is $5.30 a gallon.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #2710
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10385

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosh_tino View Post
$4 is not a big deal anymore. Been there, done that.

The price range here in CT seems to be between $3.60-4.20/gallon throughout the year. Never seems to go below or above that.

Zaz965 liked this post
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:31 PM   #2711
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

I haven't seen anything above $4.00 since 2008. Except when passing through Connecticut.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:58 AM   #2712
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 10628

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosic View Post
Thank you for your concern.

On an added note I save on my gas when I use my Hy-Vee Fuel saver card. The most I ever saved was .22 cents a gallon.We normally shop at Hy-Vee for our groceries. We do not purchase items we do not need to save on fuel.

Thank you and have a blessed day!

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC

Penn's Woods liked this post
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #2713
Xusein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I haven't seen anything above $4.00 since 2008. Except when passing through Connecticut.
You don't go through NYC area often? Prices there are usually around the same (not counting NJ).

The average around here is around $3.60/gal. Around 30 cents above the national average.

That might sound like a lot but if you're filling up, I think I pay $3-5 more than the average American would.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #2714
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
Thank you for your concern.

On an added note I save on my gas when I use my Hy-Vee Fuel saver card. The most I ever saved was .22 cents a gallon.We normally shop at Hy-Vee for our groceries. We do not purchase items we do not need to save on fuel.
I have a Sunoco/A-Plus right on my five-block "commute" and, therefore, their "Rewards Card." Had a hankering for a sausage-egg-and-cheese-on-English-muffin (I hardly ever eat that sort of thing) Saturday morning which will get me 10 cents a gallon off my next fill-up there. It's still usually cheaper in New Jersey though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xusein View Post
You don't go through NYC area often? Prices there are usually around the same (not counting NJ).

The average around here is around $3.60/gal. Around 30 cents above the national average.

That might sound like a lot but if you're filling up, I think I pay $3-5 more than the average American would.
I don't go through the city or Long Island often. (How does one go through Long Island...?); I haven't noticed that prices north of the city are all that high, but it's been a while. I think I've been in New York (outside Staten Island, where I have relatives) or New England three times in the last five years....

I was conscious, from past experience, of the price difference between the U.S. and Canada when I went to Quebec last fall, but paying $40-odd dollars a tank instead of $30-odd didn't feel that bad, if you know what I mean.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

bd popeye liked this post
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #2715
Xusein

Westchester and Fairfield are pretty bad, lots of rich people to gouge I guess. I used to work in the Stamford area often and never filled up there. Connecticut is pretty high but honestly NY isn't much better (and they have tolls so what's their excuse?).

The difference between Canada and US gas prices are real however.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #2716
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

CT has the highest gas prices in the US except for Hawaii, but the road system is really top notch IMO with good maintenance and frequent repaving so at least we see where the money goes. NY roads are a lot bumpier, especially NYC area.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:02 AM   #2717
Xusein

Top notch? I guess because of massive reconstruction projects over the years. The roads here aren't amazing but considering all the snow and ice and salt every year. It's better than neighbouring states though.

I think California and NY have higher taxes though.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #2718
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

For its size and population CT's system is pretty extensive, after thinking it through for a bit yeah it's not absolutely perfect but is really good for the US and the region. The actual network is only above average but the maintenance is very good, lots of repaving every year, even when the old pavement isn't bad, and a large contrast from much of the US where infrastructure is "falling apart". So I rate the system well, and the gas tax seems to have actual results on the ground.

I paid $3.53 a gallon today at a warehouse chain, the "summer gas" excuse has already begun.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #2719
Kanadzie

Montreal, Canada:
Tuesday I paid CAD $1.414 / L for 87 octane (93 eurocent, $1.28 USD). 1 US gallon contains 3.78 L.

Today I paid $1.384 / L for 87 octane (91 eurocent, $1.25 USD). Tomorrow probably will rise to $1.45 ish as is the nature.
Old February 20th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #2720
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I don't think there are many countries in Europe where gas costs less than € 1 per liter. Even in low-income countries fuel is usually more expensive than that. Even in Albania, a country with GDP per capita of $ 9,000 gasoline costs € 1.33 per liter, according to this site: http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
prices