daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2015, 08:29 AM   #3481
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 858

In White Rock {suburban Vancouver} we are at about $1.29/litre for regular.
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2015, 04:35 PM   #3482
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 10684

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
Here in Cedar Rapids Iowa our unleaded plus/regular a 10% ethanol blend is from $2.32 - $2.59 a gallon..that is the fuel most people use in Iowa.
That lower price has risen slightly...fuel is now $2.37 to $2.59 a gallon.

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 08:00 PM   #3483
kato2k8

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't recall ever seeing an automated fuel station in Germany. Are they not allowed to sell fuel without an attendant?
There are some, mostly found in rural areas. Raiffeisen for example operates many of its about 650 stations unmanned.

The large fuel-selling groups (Aral, Shell etc) all use a franchise system in which independent operators run manned stations only, generally nowadays with a shop-in-station concept. For Aral (largest franchise chain in Germany), fuel only amounts to about 37% of sales. Tobacco products amount to 34%, Food and drinks amount to 19%, prepaid phone top-ups amount to almost 7%. The remaining 3% are various goods and services.
kato2k8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 10:08 PM   #3484
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

About automated fuel stations, why in Austria there is so much few automated stations? For example once during night I stopped in Parndorf and Neusiedl am See (near Hungarian border) but all the stations were closed even if they were able to accept card... I had to do 8km to find one who was opened (an austrian guy indicated me the gas station ).

Is there any kind of law about this in Austria?
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 10:15 PM   #3485
bogdymol
bogdymod

Some automatic fuel station are closed during the night, but some are open. I haven't managed to understand why after living here in the past year.

Examples:

Nearby where I live is a Turmöl automatic fuel station (not attended), which is open 24/7

Also nearby there's a Hofer discount supermarket, who also has an automatic, unmanned, fuel station. During the day the fuel station is open, but during the night it is closed. You might want to assume that the fuel station is open when the supermarket is open, but no. On Sundays for example, the supermarket is closed, but the fuel station is open. Late evenings the same. At night, both are closed.

Also nearby there's a manned Shell fuel station. During the night it is closed, and on Sundays it has a shorter programme.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

winnipeg liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 10:20 PM   #3486
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

In the Netherlands LPG / Autogas is only allowed to be sold at fuel stations with staff. As most staffed fuel stations switch to payment via terminal after 2100 hrs, LPG is difficult to find during the late evening and night outside major cities and motorways.

I remember driving with my dad from Almelo to Zwolle across N35, which is a major intercity road, one of the few such connections still not being a motorway in the Netherlands. He drives a BMW powered with LPG. We couldn't find any fuel station that sold LPG after 2100 hrs.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

winnipeg liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:53 PM   #3487
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Some automatic fuel station are closed during the night, but some are open. I haven't managed to understand why after living here in the past year.

Examples:

Nearby where I live is a Turmöl automatic fuel station (not attended), which is open 24/7

Also nearby there's a Hofer discount supermarket, who also has an automatic, unmanned, fuel station. During the day the fuel station is open, but during the night it is closed. You might want to assume that the fuel station is open when the supermarket is open, but no. On Sundays for example, the supermarket is closed, but the fuel station is open. Late evenings the same. At night, both are closed.

Also nearby there's a manned Shell fuel station. During the night it is closed, and on Sundays it has a shorter programme.
Okay, thanks!

Yes, that's exactly what I saw with the unammed station near the Hofer supermarket (in Parndorf)...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:42 AM   #3488
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy2 View Post
In White Rock {suburban Vancouver} we are at about $1.29/litre for regular.
Suburban Montreal - $1,179/L Canadian

Earlier this week - $1,229/L

In New York State on other side of Canada border, 1h driving from Montreal - $2.679 USD/gal for gasoline likely refined in Montreal and trucked over (LOL)

That equals 0,933 CAD / L

Surprise of the week (!) internet is reporting 98,1 cents CAD per litre in the Toronto (Brampton) area.

Last edited by Kanadzie; August 23rd, 2015 at 12:48 AM.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:45 AM   #3489
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16512

Not much of a difference, though.

You can find .20$ per litre difference between two different companies even in the same neighborhood, at least here and also back in Italy where I come from.

Petrol going around 120c/L here in Melbourne, that's 0.88 US$ per litre, and 0.77€/L.
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualità della vita

winnipeg liked this post
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 05:31 AM   #3490
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17509

US$ 0.95/ liter E85
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:37 AM   #3491
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10407

I've never seen an automated gas station here in the US. But with credit/debit, you don't really need to go to the attendant unless you are getting something inside the convenience store. Actually, in two states (New Jersey and Oregon), you can't even pump your own gas, an attendant has to do it for you!

Also, gas prices are not really moving here in the Seattle area, it's around $3.10/gallon here. I think either prices will plummet soon as the summer ends or the oil industry will come up with another convenient excuse why they keep prices above what they should be. Maybe another oil refinery will go on fire...

winnipeg liked this post
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM   #3492
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There is a bifurcation, automated fuel stations with discount (usually € 0.10 - 0.12 per liter) and full service stations with car wash and shop with fresh bakery products. Full service stations charge more per liter, but nearly all of their profit comes from the shop sales. The fuel stations in between are declining.
That's exactly what has been happening in Estonia as well, although you can also get fast food in many places and in all Statoil stations (the biggest petrol station chain in Estonia). The discount in automated stations is a bit smaller, though.

Pretty much all petrol stations are open 24/7, regardless of being manned or automated.

Fuel prices in Estonia are currently at about:
95: € 1.07/l
Diesel: € 0.97/l
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:01 PM   #3493
bogdymol
bogdymod

Today I saw 2 fuel stations in Austria that sell Diesel with 0,999 Euro/L and 0,995 Euro/L.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

winnipeg liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:19 PM   #3494
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4973

$1.07 in Toronto. This is criminally high. With the oil prices plummeting there's no excuse for them to be so high.
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #3495
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

The same in the Netherlands... Oil is very low while the official price is still € 1.637 per liter (Canada $ 2.49 per liter or US $ 7.10 per gallon).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #3496
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 10684

I heard a news report on the price of fuel in the US and fuel is expected to drop to below $2.00 a gallon as soon as some refineries are place back in service...Yeah.. that's what they always say...Or they are switching to the winter or summer blend.

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #3497
myosh_tino

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
I heard a news report on the price of fuel in the US and fuel is expected to drop to below $2.00 a gallon as soon as some refineries are place back in service...Yeah.. that's what they always say...Or they are switching to the winter or summer blend.
I heard the drop is a combination of low oil prices and the switch to winter blend. All of the experts say the national average should drop below $2/gal by Thanksgiving (which is late November for those not familiar with this U.S. holiday) or sooner.

I'm starting to see prices fall below $3.00/gal in my area (I live in San Jose, CA) so hopefully by November we'll be seeing prices in the $2.25-2.50 range.
myosh_tino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 10:52 AM   #3498
johnnyboy55
Ping Pong

Likes (Received): 39

North Poland :

Cheapest Diesel 3.99 pln/l or 0.94 eur/l or 1.08 usd/l

Average :

E95 : 4.80 pln/l or 1.13 eur/ l or 1.30 usd/l
Diesel: 4.30 pln/l or 1.02 eur/l or 1.16 usd/l
LPG: 1.90 pln/l or 0.44 eur/l or 0.52 usd/l

1 EUR = 4.24 PLN and 1 USD=3.68 PLN

Kanadzie liked this post
johnnyboy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #3499
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xusein View Post
I've never seen an automated gas station here in the US.
In Sweden there are definataly more automated petrol stations.
Today in my city with pop. 100.000 there are about 6 or 7 full service petrol stations. About 10 years ago that number was about 15.

95 is 1.33EUR
Diesel is 1,25EUR
E85 is 1.08EUR
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #3500
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Remember that in Germany all shops are closed Sundays but gas stations are open. So many gas stations in towns sell lot of products that have nothing to do wth cars, for example every kind of food and even some clothes, and many people go there Sundays and buy something without filling gas.
It would be impossible with unmanned stations.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
prices