daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #3961
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

What the f... Could they be cheapest in Europe??????

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #3962
bogdymol
bogdymod

They might be the cheapest in Europe.

However, if you look at the average wage in Republic of Moldova, which is 230 Euro (according to Wikipedia), which is the lowest in entire Europe, gas prices don't look that cheap anymore. At least the locals definately don't find them cheap.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:20 PM   #3963
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I wonder though what European countries have the lowest fuel prices relative to income. Perhaps Spain or Austria.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Kanadzie liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:22 PM   #3964
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20288

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
Still slowly dropping in the UK.

113.5 for Unleaded 95 and 115.9 for Diesel in my local Tesco service station in east London.
112.7 (€1.31/litre, $5.32/US gallon) for 95 and 114.9 (€1.34/litre, $5.42/US gallon) for diesel at my local supermarket today.
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #3965
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder though what European countries have the lowest fuel prices relative to income. Perhaps Spain or Austria.
Switzerland I would think...

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Sw...oline_prices//
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:19 AM   #3966
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 10639

I gassed up my car today for $2.10 a gallon for unleaded;

$2.10 / US gallon =
0.524 Euros / liter

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:58 AM   #3967
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Today here is METRO store by far the cheapest, 1,15 euro/l Natural 95, most expensive are motorway petrol stations with about 1,379 euro for Natural 95
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #3968
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

On Saturday in Samnaun* (Switzerland) both diesel and unleaded (Shell) were much below 1,- CHF and/or 1,- EUR.

*Samnaun is a duty free zone
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #3969
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1318

Both diesel and E95 prices have dropped by about 1 euro cent in the last month here.

Latvijas Nafta in Riga, Latvia

E95 - 1.119 EUR/l
Diesel - 1.019 EUR/l

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #3970
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Luxembourg?

I always fill up outside motorway in Austria while driving to Italy or Croatia. Outside motorway because differences between cities and motorways are perhaps the highest in Europe, at least there are the highest I've ever seen: about €0,30 per litre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Sweden 13.90SEK/L = 1.46 EUR/L

They started renaming Statoil stations also in Poland... I will miss them, as the very well known logotype and name will be replaced by this nonsense. Luckily they promised to offer the bio-free 'Arctic' diesel next winter. It was the best below -20 degrees

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:12 AM   #3971
bd popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post

They started renaming Statoil stations also in Poland... I will miss them, as the very well known logotype and name will be replaced by this nonsense. Luckily they promised to offer the bio-free 'Arctic' diesel next winter. It was the best below -20 degrees
Why do you think it's nonsense?

That's the Circle K brand. Circle K is an international chain of convenience stores, founded in 1951 in El Paso, Texas, United States.

We don't have them where I live in Iowa but they are a nation wide brand in the US. In fact the brand is international.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_K

When I was a truck driver 20+ years ago they had a lunch special for two dollars.You got = 2 hotdogs, 1 small bag of chips and a soda...Not bad if you were in a hurry & hungry.

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Attus liked this post
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #3972
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

KKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post

That's the Circle K brand. Circle K is an international chain of convenience stores, founded in 1951 in El Paso, Texas, United States.
There was an issue about the introduction of Circle-K in politically correct Sweden.

At first there were 3 flags with K´s outside every Circle-K service station, but someone complained that it might be an association with the KKK, so they removed the flags.

Circle-K, Norsholm

Same service-station in the Statoil-days (October 27th, 2009)

bd popeye liked this post
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #3973
bd popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
There was an issue about the introduction of Circle-K in politically correct Sweden.

At first there were 3 flags with K´s outside every Circle-K service station, but someone complained that it might be an association with the KKK, so they removed the flags.
Thanks. I can understand the concern...However.......nevermind!..

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Old May 5th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #3974
bd popeye

You gents keep posting photos of gas stations so I'll post this photo of the station I worked in the summer of 1971 before I joined the US Navy. This photo was taken about 2008. the station is located in Cincinnati OH. And it sure did not look like this when I worked there.

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Attus, Zack Fair liked this post

Last edited by bd popeye; May 5th, 2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 5th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #3975
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6778

Quote:
Because they replace a well recognizable brand with one that no-one knows and, what's more, it's difficult to pronounce. Actually, I don't really know how to tell this name to someone who doesn't speak English so that he will understand what I mean.

As a branch of convenience stores, they are not present in Poland.

And even in Europe, it seems, they are present only in Scandinavian and Baltic countries.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:07 PM   #3976
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9109

Quote:

I know that Circle K is an old American brand, but right here it's completely unknown, while Statoil is a well-known Norwegian brand, operating in Poland since 1992 (and much longer in Scandinavia). For me it's a nonsense to replace a well-known brand with an unknown. What's more, the name 'Statoil' is very easy to pronounce in all languages, while 'Circle K' sounds longer and more difficult. I'm sure that some people in Poland will name it as 'cyrkiel', which is Polish name of calipers.

As for me, if not to stay with the old name, they should reactive another Scandinavian (Swedish) brand - Preem, which operated all around the Baltic Sea. But would not be an issue I guess, as e.g. Polish partially govt-owned company Orlen stayed with every single brand it overtook outside Poland (Star in Germany, Benzina in Czech Republic and Ventus in Lithuania).

Quote:
You gents keep posting photos of gas stations so I'll post this photo of the station I worked in the summer of 1971 before I joined the US Navy. This photo was taken about 2008. the station is located in Cincinnati OH. And it sure did not look like this when I worked there.
This is a clear example of well-known brand I'm attached to Shell as I guess it's a guarantee of very good quality of fuels and I like their services - each single Shell station I know is clean, with helpful staff and decent offer of automotive products.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #3977
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Circle K is also a rebranding of Statoil in Scandinavia. They only started that in 2015, so Circle K was a completely unknown brand until recently. Evidently they rebranded 427 Statoil fuel stations in Norway to Circle K in only 2 years. Statoil was ubiquitous in Norway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #3978
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6778

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
\I'm sure that some people in Poland will name it as 'cyrkiel', which is Polish name of calipers.
Compasses. Calipers to po angielsku suwmiarka

In Scandinavia it's different, everyone can speak English there, while in Poland - I have difficulty telling my grandfather names of our TV stations like "Polsat Sport News" or "4fun.tv" when he wants to note down on which channel in the TV set which station he has. With "Circle K" there will be more such cases with people mispronouncing it all the time

Quote:
As for me, if not to stay with the old name, they should reactive another Scandinavian (Swedish) brand - Preem, which operated all around the Baltic Sea.
Exactly!

Kanadzie liked this post
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:17 PM   #3979
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1318

It's very hard to pronounce Circle K in Latvian, with Statoil it was easy to pronounce and understandable to everyone. We call it "kaplis" which translates to hoe. "K" for K and "aplis" is circle in latvian.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.

Kpc21 liked this post
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #3980
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post

And even in Europe, it seems, they are present only in Scandinavian and Baltic countries.
Circle K also operates in Ireland and Russia, which is in europe sort of..
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
prices