daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:05 PM   #1221
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In my experience, France is generally more expensive, especially with diesel. This diesel price actually surprises me, I paid some € 1,25 per liter a month ago in France.

I have no idea what "petrole" actually is, it's not petrol / gasoline (that's euro 95).
That Belgian sign's in Dutch, isn't it? "Gasolie"'s not French. I suppose "petrole" could be a word used only in Flanders....

EDIT: on looking more closely at the signs, I see that Diesel's at the top on one and 95 on the other. So I saw a much bigger difference than really exists. [blushes]
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:09 PM   #1222
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19372

Gazole is often used in southern European countries to indicate diesel. However, Gasolie sounds more like agricultural diesel, which is taxed far lower for economic incentives.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:11 PM   #1223
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10384

Gas prices in Buffalo have went back to the $3 mark (€0.5672/l) for the first time in almost 2 years.

Diesel is $3.27/gallon (~€0.619/liter).
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:37 PM   #1224
zlobna raca
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I hate you for your low fuel prices.
zlobna raca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #1225
pwalker

Likes (Received): 66

Lowest US prices, Carthage, MO at $2.41, US. Missouri and Oklahoma continue to have the lowest gas prices in the United States. Texas and Arkansas are not far behind.
pwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #1226
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 129

Columbus Ohio metro prices are hovering around
$2.79 per gallon for Unleaded
$2.89 for Premium
$2.99 for Super
@ Meijer gas stations

Last edited by ScraperDude; October 24th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
ScraperDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #1227
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

I hate Americans because they don't have adopted liters, meters, etc. The translation into €uros per liter is almost mandatory here.

On a Cepsa gas station in Ainsa, Huesca, Spain:
Diesel: €1.090/l ($5.747/gal)
Unleaded 95: €1.158/l ($6.105/gal)
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #1228
CNGL
Leudimin

I'm guessing when Google passed through a town... By the fuel prices .
For example, one gas station at kilometerpost 653.7 of the Spanish N-II, at the municipality of the beloved and hated town of Sant Vicenç de Montalt (Northeast of Barcelona) has the following prices: €1.085/l for diesel and €1.065/l for unleaded 95. The apparently switched prices suggest that Google photographied that gas station in fall 2008.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #1229
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I hate Americans because they don't have adopted liters, meters, etc. The translation into €uros per liter is almost mandatory here.

On a Cepsa gas station in Ainsa, Huesca, Spain:
Diesel: €1.090/l ($5.747/gal)
Unleaded 95: €1.158/l ($6.105/gal)

Oh, surely you can come up with a better reason to "hate" us....

Like the fact that we haven't dropped our own sports for soccer. How xenophobic and backwards we are! The world would be so much better if everyone outside continental* western Europe understood that continental western Europeans are just superior human beings and the rest of us are barbarians who should just behave like them.

Sheesh!

*"Continental" specified so it's clear that the British and Irish, who insist on driving on the wrong side of the road, fall in the "hate"-worthy category too.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #1230
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Oh, surely you can come up with a better reason to "hate" us....

Like the fact that we haven't dropped our own sports for soccer. How xenophobic and backwards we are! The world would be so much better if everyone outside continental* western Europe understood that continental western Europeans are just superior human beings and the rest of us are barbarians who should just behave like them.

Sheesh!

*"Continental" specified so it's clear that the British and Irish, who insist on driving on the wrong side of the road, fall in the "hate"-worthy category too.

Well I posted at 3am Eastern time and was too lazy to convert Litres/Euros. I know metric just as good as anyone else. In Kentucky where I grew up we were taught metric in school, however I rarely have a use for it unless I go to Canada. I do however use metric when I do certain mesurements around the house (doing a remodel for over a year now). I find it much easier to measure in centimeters when being specific to a small amount of space.
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #1231
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Sure. I just found the word "hate" a bit over the top....

(But if what he means by "The translation into €uros per liter is almost mandatory here" is that Americans on this forum ought to convert to metric and euros, I'll wait for a pronouncement to that effect from someone official.... Does "here" = "on this forum"? I didn't understand it that way until I saw your apology for not doing so.)
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1232
CNGL
Leudimin

ChrisZwolle is Dutch and uses €uros (Like me ), so changing into €uros/liter on this forum is really good. But the change into liters is almost mandatory, as we use liters in almost all the world.
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1233
CNGL
Leudimin

Oops, double post.
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1234
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
ChrisZwolle is Dutch and uses €uros (Like me ), so changing into €uros/liter on this forum is really good.
I don't see that link. It's convenient, but not mandatory by any means.
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #1235
CNGL
Leudimin

No, only that us have the €uro as currency, despite being me a Spaniard and you a Dutchman.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #1236
piotr71

Slovakia, Sahy.

Hungary, 60 kilometres before Budapest.

piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM   #1237
Trilesy

Likes (Received): 0

$2.99/gal Unleaded today in Cincinnati, OH. As soon as it started snowing gas went up again.
Trilesy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1238
ChrisZwolle
Road user

€ 1.615 per liter in the Netherlands.... Just 8 cents from the all-time record with oil prices at 50% of the all-time record. What's wrong?

€ 1.615 per liter = $ 8.09 per gallon.
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #1239
CNGL
Leudimin

In Huesca, last Friday:

Diesel: €1.138/l ($5.691/gal)
95 Unleaded: €1.218/l ($6.092/gal)

So gas prices on the US should be at $6/gal, but they are what are...

BTW, I saw 95 Unleaded at €1.30/l once. So only 8 cents from the record too.
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #1240
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

I think the last price was $0.755 per liter, wish I had a diesel because we will be back at $3/gallon or about $0.80/Liter in no time.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
prices