daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM   #1721
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
I found a Polish site with the average fuel prices in each country of Europe except ... Poland itself (just click here)

What do you guys think of it ? Is it accurate in the case of your country ?

In the case of France, it is !
Ok, for Germany the 1,40 are between the normal price and the special offer.

But i dont't pay 1,44 in France - that should be the price of Total etc. Supermarches, Elf, Esso Express are 10 centimes cheaper.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM   #1722
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Likes (Received): 2201

Quote:
I found a Polish site with the average fuel prices in each country of Europe except ... Poland itself (just click here)

Włochy

95 - 1,68
98 - 1,80
Diesel - 1,65
LPG - 0,71

I think they're right althought real prices are (sadly) some cents higher.

YES TO THE UNITED STATES OF EUROPE ♥ FREEDOM FOR NORTH KOREA
STOP SYRIAN AND IRAQI GENOCIDE ♥ SUPPORT FEMINISM AND FEMALE EDUCATION
Fabri88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:21 PM   #1723
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothar.G View Post
Gasoline is currently 1.42 EUR in Athy, Ireland (Not bad considering our Government now takes over 60% of it in revenue)

These were our Gasoline prices in 2001:
0.64 IEP = 0.81 EUR

1,42 €???

I remember in 2004 they were around 0,95 € for Unleaded and 0,85 for Diesel!

OMG!!!

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:41 PM   #1724
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptscout View Post
Ok, for Germany the 1,40 are between the normal price and the special offer.

But i dont't pay 1,44 in France - that should be the price of Total etc. Supermarches, Elf, Esso Express are 10 centimes cheaper.
True, but it's only last week diesel has gone down a lot.

About unleaded 95 & 98: that's the price I pay in my BP station. In Leclerc, for instance, it's around 8 €urocents cheaper, & in Esso 10 €urocents cheaper.

P.S.: the Netherlands & especially Italy have gone nuts !

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:45 PM   #1725
Bothar.G

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabri88 View Post
1,42 €???

I remember in 2004 they were around 0,95 € for Unleaded and 0,85 for Diesel!

OMG!!!
It peaked at 1.55 EUR in my locality earlier this year. Retailers can be greedy in Ireland and since many people gave up their cars, the prices decreased a little.
Bothar.G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM   #1726
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Q8 in Denmark today:

92:
12.26 DKK
1.65€
$2.15/l
$8.14/gal

95:
12.29 DKK
1.66€
$2.16/l
$8.18/gal

Diesel:
11.49 DKK
1.55€
$2.02/l
$7.65/gal
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #1727
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:

In the case of Spain, the price depends of the autonomous comunities. Here both petrol & diesel are cheaper than stated there, but in Castile-La Mancha prices are a bit higher. And LPG price is wrong, is really more expensive than stated.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1728
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

I think many people overestimate how much the fuel price influence their mobility cost. Especially in Europe, where additional car-related taxes are quite high, it doesn't really matter whether fuel costs € 1,20 or € 1,80 per liter. Most people spend over € 0,25 per kilometer if you calculate write-offs, road taxes, insurance and maintenance.

I've calculated that if diesel was to cost € 3 per liter ($ 15 per gallon), my mobility cost would increase by only 20 percent.

It's mostly psychological because fuel costs are the most direct and visible day-to-day expenditure on mobility.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM   #1729
andy5

Likes (Received): 6

This comparison is useful as you don't need to check with an exchange rate site as well

http://energy.eu/

It looks like reasonably accurate averages.
andy5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #1730
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5 View Post
This comparison is useful as you don't need to check with an exchange rate site as well

http://energy.eu/

It looks like reasonably accurate averages.
Good site too, although they forgot about LPG for instance. & it's limited to the EU, which is quite a pity ...

I think having both links can be useful to each of us before traveling within Europe.

(+ viamichelin to calculate road taxes & so on, but that's off-topic here...)

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #1731
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think many people overestimate how much the fuel price influence their mobility cost. Especially in Europe, where additional car-related taxes are quite high, it doesn't really matter whether fuel costs € 1,20 or € 1,80 per liter. Most people spend over € 0,25 per kilometer if you calculate write-offs, road taxes, insurance and maintenance.

I've calculated that if diesel was to cost € 3 per liter ($ 15 per gallon), my mobility cost would increase by only 20 percent.

It's mostly psychological because fuel costs are the most direct and visible day-to-day expenditure on mobility.
You're right Chris!

In Italy we have bonus/malus insurances and I entered the insurance system in 4th class (on 18th classes) and now I am in 1st class. Althought class decreased the price increased. I paid in 2007 about 700 € for the annual insurance of a Lancia Y 1.2! Now I pay 800 € (if in 4th class I would pay circa 920 €).

Do you have bonus/malus insurance also in the Netherlands?

Old December 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1732
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

For insurance I pay less then 100 euros per year and it is not extraordinary here in Hungary.
However motorway toll is raisened, it is 43.000 forint (approx. 140€) for the year 2012.

I've filled my car today and it was the first time that the first digit of the price was 4, precisely I paid 402.9 forints per liter for Euro95. (Approx. 1.30€/l or 6.50$/gallon).
Our currency is seriously devaluated, some 15% since last summer so although fuel prices grow week by week, converted to euro or dollar fuel is cheaper now than half a year ago. What a pity that my salary is in forint...
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #1733
CarltonHill
Kim Domingo

Likes (Received): 1577

$1.12 / L -for the unleaded gasoline...
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #1734
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2101

Quote:
20% to me is not "only". It is much, in my opinion.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #1735
ChrisZwolle
Road user

How likely is it that diesel will cost € 3 anytime soon? That's a market price increase of maybe 4 times.

I'm just saying people are overreacting to fuel prices increases as if it is the end of the world. A 10-cent increase hardly makes a notable hike on your overall mobility cost. Just like those people who are saying the automobile era will end if fuel is like € 3 per liter. Americans even think that if fuel is € 1 per liter.
Old December 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #1736
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9089

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHill View Post
$1.12 / L -for the unleaded gasoline...
So 0.86 EUR and 3.81 PLN - how cheap!

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #1737
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
How likely is it that diesel will cost € 3 anytime soon? That's a market price increase of maybe 4 times.

I'm just saying people are overreacting to fuel prices increases as if it is the end of the world. A 10-cent increase hardly makes a notable hike on your overall mobility cost. Just like those people who are saying the automobile era will end if fuel is like € 3 per liter. Americans even think that if fuel is € 1 per liter.
Of course it is not the end of the world. But if mobility costs increase 20% and, in the same time, wages go up, say, only 5%, many people start thinking whether owning a car is still a good idea. In Italy many people are selling their cars these days.
Old December 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #1738
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Of course it is not the end of the world. But if mobility costs increase 20% and, in the same time, wages go up, say, only 5%, many people start thinking whether owning a car is still a good idea. In Italy many people are selling their cars these days.
It's unlikely the wages go up only 5% in the next 20 years.

If people are selling their cars because the fuel price goes up 10 cents, they can't do math. If you spend € 3000 per year on maintenance, insurance, tolls/road tax and write-offs (most people spend more) and drive the typical 18 000 kilometers per year, that's € 0,17 per kilometer. A 10 cent increase of the fuel price at a typical gasoline consumption rate of 12 km / L is an increase of 1 cent per kilometer.

As a matter of fact none of the previous fuel price hikes has ever led to less traffic on the mid- to long term.

Just an example of how car costs can be composed in the Netherlands;

* write off: if you buy an € 18 000 car and sell it 4 years later for € 12 000 that's € 1500 write off per year.
* insurance: all-risk: € 600 per year
* road tax: € 400 - 700 per year
* maintenance: € 300 per year
* fuel: € 1.70 / 12 * 18 000 km = € 2.520

total expenditure: € 5.620
Fuel expenditure: € 2.520
total expenditure if fuel goes up 10 cents: € 5.800

cost per km = € 0.32

Some of these values are highly variable, depending on a lot of factors. For instance if you buy a small fuel-efficient car, the write off is lower because these models remain popular. But if you buy a family car, the write off is quite significant. Maintenance can also fluctuate a lot, but hey, buy a set of wiper blades per year, or replace the brakes or tires. A set of tires alone can easily cost up to € 400. Just an oil-change plus a regular check is often already € 100 - 200 in Western Europe.

A newer car costs more in write-offs, but less in maintenance. Nowadays a repair can cost hundreds of euros. Driving an old car may not even be cheaper than driving a new, small, fuel-efficient car.
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1739
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
It's unlikely the wages go up only 5% in the next 20 years.
I don't think fuel will reach 3€ in 20 years. In Italy it went from 1.3€ to 1.7€ in a little more than 1 year. At this speed it would reach 3€ in 3-4 years. And wages, in Italy, didn't grow at all in one year.
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #1740
Fern

Likes (Received): 1938

Portugal (Galp)

Un-leaded €1.579
Un-leaded (98oct) €1.724
Diesel €1.444
Diesel + €1.524

We need a major oil discovery to drive these prices down...

Tags
prices