daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #461
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ Photoshop.

EDIT: damn you, Timon.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #462
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

It hasn't been photoshopped. It's a good camera and produces vibrant results. The greenery is obviously there. Many people have poorly calibrated screens and sometimes some colors may appear stronger than they are. I would check that first before claiming something's photoshopped.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #463
geronimo_rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
It looks like it has been photoshopped to focus attention on that green
geronimo_rs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #464
Total

Likes (Received): 0

Well the colors were very vivid... it was probably not standard balance on either camera or photoshop/lightroom, but why all the fuss, if the autor of the photos liked them like that it is his expression and his right to publish them as he likes it.
Total no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #465
Buddy Holly
BANNED

A road in the Rugova Gorge (Peje - Rugova)

The city of Peja borders Montenegro and is situation in this part of Kosovo

Old May 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #466
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Beautiful! How old is this road?
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:50 PM   #467
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
A road in the Rugova Gorge (Peje - Rugova)
Very nice road through the mountains!!! It reminds me a lot of the road between the Bulgaro-Serbian boarder at Kalotina and Niš...
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #468
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Beautiful! How old is this road?
I'd say at least 40-50 years as a paved road, and probably a lot more than that as an unpaved dirtroad as it's one of the few precious connections the (rather beautiful) villages have with the administrative center and town of Peja in western Kosovo.

paF4uko, I've never driven through that road but the Balkans is a beautiful place so I'm not surprised there are more places like that.

And for today, a shot of the Prishtina - Gjilan national road. The vista is beautiful when driving through much of this road (a lot of greenery and gentle hills), but this section around lake Badovci takes the cake.

credit: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4801189
Old June 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #469
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Update on the roundabout. Construction has continued at a fast pace.

I

Old June 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #470
Buddy Holly
BANNED

II

Old June 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #471
enschede-r

nice nice

I heard that Albania and Kosovo will have the newest Motorways
enschede-r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #472
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

They will, The Albanian side will finish this month and Kosovo has started the dispossession of private land has just started and it is planned that the full highway will be functional by 2011.... It will cut Kosovo from the very south to the very north of Kosovo to the Serbian boarder right through the middle. Albanian side is cut only through the northern side of Albania from west city of Durres to the northern city of Kukes.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #473
Buddy Holly
BANNED

A short driving video of the Prishtina - Gjilan road, photos of which I've posted in the previous page.

And a couple of photos from the reconstruction of the national road M9 Prishtina - Peja (section #2, ~8km long) into a motorway.

One of the four 100m+ long bridges being built.

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #474
transport21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
They will, The Albanian side will finish this month and Kosovo has started the dispossession of private land has just started and it is planned that the full highway will be functional by 2011.... It will cut Kosovo from the very south to the very north of Kosovo to the Serbian boarder right through the middle. Albanian side is cut only through the northern side of Albania from west city of Durres to the northern city of Kukes.
Yes this seems to be the most important road project in both countries IMO. For a journey that was 6 hrs this must have been some s**t road!!! I hear it will only take 2-3hrs now from Tirane to the Kosovo border when completed.

Also 2+2 is fine for the moment on many sections. Upgrading to motorway on some stretches can be done when foreign investment will be made in the future. So the government is hoping for a future connection to Montenegro motorway standard? Sounds good and there going in the right direction.
transport21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:43 AM   #475
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Some updates.

The Ministry of Transportation has finally announced the winners of two important (albeit relatively short) projects:

1. The widening to 2x2 (plus access lanes) and reconstruction of about ~20km of the M9 Prishtina - Peja national road (this is a continuation of the initial project which started last year and whereby ~8km are currently being widened and reconstructed).

[/quote]

Last edited by Buddy Holly; August 10th, 2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:26 AM   #476
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by transport21 View Post
Yes this seems to be the most important road project in both countries IMO. For a journey that was 6 hrs this must have been some s**t road!!! I hear it will only take 2-3hrs now from Tirane to the Kosovo border when completed.

Also 2+2 is fine for the moment on many sections. Upgrading to motorway on some stretches can be done when foreign investment will be made in the future. So the government is hoping for a future connection to Montenegro motorway standard? Sounds good and there going in the right direction.

No its not that the roads were shitty (as you state) but the distance from Prishtine to Tirana is about 200km anyway and the road which this goes through passes the Albanian Alps so it means you are going round and round through mountains to get nowhere.... There are also other important projects going on in both countries not just these, In Kosovo it is also planned for the second motorway linking FYROM and Montenegro in the near future when funding is available and the government of Kosovo can loan money from the World Bank.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:00 PM   #477
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

I am reading about an M2, M4 and M9. Does this mean that Kosovo has developed a new roadnumberingsystem?
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #478
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
I am reading about an M2, M4 and M9. Does this mean that Kosovo has developed a new roadnumberingsystem?
Abselutely, The government of Kosovo wants nothing to do with Serbia. All road signs are totally new and different to those of Serbia, you have new crash barriers, bridge barriers and new road system. The motorways will also be different to Serbia and have blue signs.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:26 AM   #479
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
Yes, quite some time ago actually. M2 is the Prishtina - Skopje portion of E65, while M9 is the Prishtina - Peja - Montenegro road. There are also regional roads and they are denoted as R class roads.
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #480
Buddy Holly
BANNED

A map of the planned motorways R6 and R7. The government has allocated 55 million euros for a 16km section that starts at Vermice at the Kosovan-Albanian border and ends in Prizren. You can read more about that here (in English)

Feasibility Study Click here (English).

Environmental Assessment Report Click here (English).

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi