daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #541
Schweden
Registered Loser

Likes (Received): 40

Is that a new road?

Also, I see you like driving on the wrong side of the road
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #542
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweden View Post
Is that a new road?

Also, I see you like driving on the wrong side of the road
It's been repaved, yes. Also, that's not me. Those are some guys from a local automotive association just practicing. The road was closed as far as I can tell.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #543
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Grashticė-Stallovė

photos and video by dundee
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:28 PM   #544
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Update on the widening of M9 Prishtina - Peja from 2x1 to 2x2:

From today's Gazeta Express, a Kosovar daily:

Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM   #545
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1531

Kosovo builds highways to international standards

The bid for construction of the Merdarė-Morinė highway is expected to be announced today, which will be a conjunction of the Durres-Kukes Highway, giving Kosovo full access to the sea.

The 6 lane Prishtina City - Prishtina International Airport expressway is expected to be finalized by October and in addition, Prishtina-Peje highway which will be done in Spring of 2010 are of the most expensive projects undertaken by the Telecommunication and Transportation Ministry of the Republic of Kosovo.

The 8.9km expressway to Airport has 4 major bridges, many passenger bridge crossings and will be only 5 minutes away from Prishtina.

The reconstructed 4 lane highway added by two freeways from Prishtina to Lypian is already completed and it's planned to split going further west to Dardane and south to Ferizaj and Kacanik which will connect Kosovo's capital to Shkup/Skopje. Must be noted that Kosovo has projected to build another major toll highway in addition to current Prishtina-Skopje/Shkup highway.

Meanwhile, Prishtina - Mitrovica highway has been already finalized in August of this year.

Earlier this year, the Republic Kosovo of Government has signed an agreement with Albania on using the Port of Shen Gjin. Kosovo and Albania are expected to build a highway connecting Gjakova and Shen Gjin. The project is expected to begin sometimes in mid of 2010.

Prishtina is building the largest beltway/ring road in the Balkans conjuncted with every highway and expressway to every town and city of Kosovo.

http://www.newkosovareport.com/20090...standards.html

Last edited by Plisat; September 2nd, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Plisat está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM   #546
Plisat

As I mention before. The Government is planing every litter small city to be conected with highway or express way with Prishtina.

Under construction are 3- highways/motorways and two new highway will start, one end of this year and second next year. Looks like there are plans for new highway connection with Skopje. Impresive projects....to add to this. Ministry is planing to start with high speed trains in near future. First one conecting Pristina Airport with Prishtina and another project that is under discussion, establishing high speed train with Tirana. Will see how the projects will go
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #547
Zsimi

Likes (Received): 0

Are there new license plates in Republic of Kosovo? I saw only old types.
Zsimi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #548
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

They are to come into force within this year starting from diplomatic vehicles then later on for the rest of the citizens. The answer is no but all plates are planned to be changed.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #549
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

You are saying that already 2 years.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #550
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
You are saying that already 2 years.
And within this year new plates of the Republic of Kosovo are going to be implemented.

The old yugoslav plates are going to die, like yugoslavia did. (Of course the unmik plates will dissapear too).
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #551
transport21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
That's the proposal from the feasibility study (which was done in 2006, slightly outdated) but the government decided to go ahead and build them both as real motorways. Back in 2006 the finances were not there, we weren't members of either IMF or WorldBank so borrowing capabilities were not there while today the situation is different. The 16km section will start this November while the rest will follow next year (financial plans are still being worked out for the remaining sections).
That is good news. Looking at the AADT around Prishtina two lane motorway plus hard shoulder is ideal. Many would be content with standard two lane road but if these routes are all going to be built then its good to future proof them. I have seen money pissed away in our country on upgrading simple 2 lane roads again to motorway standard and 2 lane motorways to D3M .

Out of interest is there a ring road planned for Prishtina?
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #552
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by transport21 View Post
That is good news. Looking at the AADT around Prishtina two lane motorway plus hard shoulder is ideal. Many would be content with standard two lane road but if these routes are all going to be built then its good to future proof them. I have seen money pissed away in our country on upgrading simple 2 lane roads again to motorway standard and 2 lane motorways to D3M .

I think there are two existing ring roads in Prishtina, one is the inner ring road and the other is the outer ringroad... Both of these are to be upgraded I believe by the Prishtina municipality. Here is a picture...

It seems the inner ringroad is all connected while the outer one still neds work doing.
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #553
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, there is. The inner ringroad is being built right now with city finances while the bigger (40km) outer ringroad is to be built by the Ministry of Transportation. According to an interview with the minister and the mayor of Prishtina, work will commence later this year (possibly around November, election month ) and it will take about 2 years. Hopefully they don't postpone it because Prishtina really needs it.
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #554
transport21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Yes, there is. The inner ringroad is being built right now with city finances while the bigger (40km) outer ringroad is to be built by the Ministry of Transportation. According to an interview with the minister and the mayor of Prishtina, work will commence later this year (possibly around November, election month ) and it will take about 2 years. Hopefully they don't postpone it because Prishtina really needs it.
Ah I see now! I guess part of the inner ring road is the big roundabout u/c I have seen from photos previously. I hope the outer ring road will be dual with grade separated junctions. Looking at this previous photo it looks like it is badly needed alright

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #555
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Ah I see now! I guess part of the inner ring road is the big roundabout u/c I have seen from photos previously. I hope the outer ring road will be dual with grade separated junctions. Looking at this previous photo it looks like it is badly needed alright
Yep, the big roundabout will connect to the inner ring-road while the outter ring-road will not touch it as it is much larger. I believe it will be 2x2 motorway as it goes through territory much of which is unused and over which no significant land-ownership issues exist. Part of it is based on an existing 2x1 road, and part of it is new.

You can see some photos of the existing road here.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #556
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Update on the flyover roundabout in Prishtina, posted by Nderim in the Albanian forum:

Quote:
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
It's finally starting to take shape
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #557
Plisat

Cannot wait to be finished. Looks that work is going fine
Old September 13th, 2009, 11:53 PM   #558
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Update on the widening of M9 Prishtina - Peja from 2x1 to 2x2. These photos are from 12.09.2009.

The road from Prishtina up to the green balloon in the middle of the map is currently U/C.

The photos to be posted in this and two subsequent posts are from the section in green in the map below. The section in red is a different lot and is close to completion (17km, of which 11km are completed, and 8km are U/C)

Part I

Old September 13th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #559
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Part II

Old September 14th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #560
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Thanks for the update Buddy, interesting use of yellow road marking.

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi