daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #721
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsimi80 View Post
When are you gonna have new license plate?
Trust me, we don't even know.. the Ministry of Internal Affairs has put so many security features in them that no serious company is willing to bid for it. The tendering process has been cancelled 4 times, as the procurement law requires that there be at least 3 'reasonable' offers (i.e. not dirt-cheap, but not crazy either). They did not get them. They announced it for the fifth time and have removed some of the crazy security requests (like a hologram) and have gotten some serious bids now, so we'll see. If everything goes according to plan, the winner should be announced in early September and the new plates would probably be ready by early October but you never know..
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #722
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It's far too complex, IMHO. I'd remove the external junctions between the main road and the road on the right of the pic. There's the roundabout for that turn, it's just redundant.
Even spaghetti junctions, with a proper signage, are very simple to drive through.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #723
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Trust me, we don't even know.. the Ministry of Internal Affairs has put so many security features in them that no serious company is willing to bid for it. The tendering process has been cancelled 4 times, as the procurement law requires that there be at least 3 'reasonable' offers (i.e. not dirt-cheap, but not crazy either). They did not get them. They announced it for the fifth time and have removed some of the crazy security requests (like a hologram) and have gotten some serious bids now, so we'll see. If everything goes according to plan, the winner should be announced in early September and the new plates would probably be ready by early October but you never know..
The winner of the tender was announced, the plates will apparently be ready by late September.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #724
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
separated free-flow right turns increase capacity and improves traffic flow, because there's less traffic on the roundabout.
True. So you can build free flow turns in every directions.

Quote:
You don't need a roundabout to turn right.
You don't need a roundabout at all. That's why I said "redundant": either you build a roundabout withouth free-flow turns, or build free flow turns without a roundabout. To me, it's just waste of money.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #725
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
True. So you can build free flow turns in every directions.

You don't need a roundabout at all. That's why I said "redundant": either you build a roundabout withouth free-flow turns, or build free flow turns without a roundabout. To me, it's just waste of money.

Redudnacy appears if you drive from "B" to "C" and from "C" to "D".
It is not waste of money because the roads that conect "B" with "C" and "C" with "D" are existing (see photos below). Brand new roundabout needed to be built in order to conect other spots ("A", "B", "C", "D" and "F") between each-other. The oteher option was to build a apaghetti junction, but that would be a waste of money!

Existing roads seen in Google Maps.

Sprayed existing roads seen in Google Maps.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #726
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Ah well, I didn't know that those roads are pre-existing.
But I still think that spaghetti junctions are better. If the roads have a lot of traffic, driving in the roundabout would be nightmare, and many (low-speed) accidents will occur. The innermost of the three lanes in the roundabout will be always empty (why bother to go there? In few seconds I'll have to turn right anyway, I risk to stay there longer if there is much traffic - like in that movie with the Griswald family in France). I think that a slow and complicated roundabout connecting high speed roads is not a good solution.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #727
Buddy Holly
BANNED

A recently widened regional road in Prizren

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

photos by kodiak23 of the Albanian forum.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #728
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19416

It looks very nice. I notice the area has some tourism potential.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #729
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 794

The pictures are great, I have never been in Prizren, but I would like to visit it.
Best regards for the improvement of roads, especially for route Mitrovica - Pristina - Ferizaj, because I'm using this route while driving to Macedonia.

All the best for Kosovo
edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #730
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mumin View Post
The pictures are great, I have never been in Prizren, but I would like to visit it.
Best regards for the improvement of roads, especially for route Mitrovica - Pristina - Ferizaj, because I'm using this route while driving to Macedonia.

All the best for Kosovo
Well, one day you will practically have all highway connection from Serbia through Mitrovica to Prishtina and motorway link all the way to the Macedonian border. Thats what the aim of the Ministry for Transport and Communication seems to be. The link between Serbia and Albania is already on its way. Highway connection with Mentenegro is also on its half-point towards Pejė (Pec).

The overall plan is something like this:

[IMG]http://i29.************/ff7fyc.png[/IMG]
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #731
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Albania dont need to be linked with serbia.We have no interest,our relationship with them is 0.Those declarations about expanding Albania's A1 till in Nis are just political and always will stay like that.
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #732
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Albania dont need to be linked with serbia.We have no interest,our relationship with them is 0.Those declarations about expanding Albania's A1 till in Nis are just political and always will stay like that.
However, you want a relationship with Kosovo, surely?

If both Belgrade and Tirana want a link to Prishtina (and vice versa: Prishtina to Belgrade and Tirana), then when these are built, Tirana and Belgrade will be linked as a consequence of that.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #733
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post

If both Belgrade and Tirana want a link to Prishtina (and vice versa: Prishtina to Belgrade and Tirana), then when these are built, Tirana and Belgrade will be linked as a consequence of that.
oh no! What a coincidence!

Ofcourse Serbia has interest to connect to Albania... Afterall access to Albanian sea is much needed for further development of the Presheva Valley and southern parts of Serbia.
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #734
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
What?
Quote:
Tirana is linked with Prishtina very well with Durres-Morine motorway.150.000 serbs that visit Albania every year pass into Albania through Montenegro and Macedonia not from Kosovo.In this way,Kosovo is not forced/not important to expand the motorway till at serbian border.More important for Albania is Durres-Ulqin motorway and Tirana-Shkup/Skopje motorway,and nothing with serbia.And for Kosovo to build the other part of "Albanian motorway" and an motorway to be linked with Shkup than with serbia.Or only if Kosova have enough money to spend for nothing then they can build the motorway till Mitrovice.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #735
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Tirana and Belgrade will be linked as a consequence of that.
Only bullets have always linked and always will link Albanians and serbs.Kosovo have its own sea port in Albania,an new motorway that link Prishtina with Tirana and thats all what Kosova need.Albania links Kosovo with europe, not serbia.
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #736
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post

Ofcourse Serbia has interest to connect to Albania... Afterall access to Albanian sea is much needed for further development of the Presheva Valley and southern parts of Serbia.
Albanian ports are only for Albania and Kosovo needs..How east Kosova aka Presheva valley is linked with Republic of Kosova it self?
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #737
Ermir

Likes (Received): 2814

Guys, drop the nationalist lines please.

Quote:
This doesn't make sense. Albania and Kosovo are almost united.

Quote:
Well, as line on the map yes. However, much to the dismay of South Serbia businessmen who come often to Albania, for as long as Serbia does not recognize Kosovo making border crossings a huge problem for everyone, the link will remain that line. Transport and trade will remain minimal as if there were no road. The one linking Durres to Kosovo is working great though .
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #738
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Albanian ports are only for Albania and Kosovo needs..How east Kosova aka Presheva valley is linked with Republic of Kosova it self?
Presheva Valley is on the edge of the Nish Shkup Motorway, When Prishtine - Shkup Motorway is built then Albanians in southern Serbia will also have access to the Albanian sea.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:17 AM   #739
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mumin View Post

All the best for Kosovo

Here are two short videos from a section of Mitrovica - Prishtina, shot yesterday. This one is just over 5km, while an additional 10km are being worked on (the entire route is 32km, connecting the two cities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
M25 Prishtine - Mitrovice (drejtimi Prishtine). Eshte shtru shtresa e fundit e asfalltit, dhe eshte bere vendosja e shenjezimit horizontal

Drejtimi Mitrovice

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:36 AM   #740
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Nice videos. Just wondering: Since it is hardly possible to cross the Ibar bridge in Mitrovica easily, how is it to drive around (east) of the city?

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi