daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:51 AM   #741
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
Nice videos. Just wondering: Since it is hardly possible to cross the Ibar bridge in Mitrovica easily, how is it to drive around (east) of the city?
I don't think it's a big problem to cross the bridge... while the situation is not perfect, it's a far cry from the old and tense situation. Many people commute from/to Serbia by crossing the bridge.. since you'll probably have foreign plates, you'll have a pretty worry-free ride in my opinion.

I don't know about the drive around, perhaps someone else can answer that.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM   #742
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
I don't think it's a big problem to cross the bridge... while the situation is not perfect, it's a far cry from the old and tense situation. Many people commute from/to Serbia by crossing the bridge.. since you'll probably have foreign plates, you'll have a pretty worry-free ride in my opinion.

I don't know about the drive around, perhaps someone else can answer that.
I would not be so optimistic, while the situation on the south is very stable, The north is much more tense which is caused by many Serbian radicals wanting to bring down the Kosovo government and institutions and replace them with that of Serbia. I would not recommend going through the Mitrovica border crossing.

Last edited by shpirtkosova; September 2nd, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM   #743
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 790

Nice videos, thanks.
Kosovo needs connections with all neighbours, including Serbia. Kosovian citizens from western european countries are still using serbian roads on the way to their homes on Kosovo.

Bypassing Mitrovica you are not getting any problems. Just do not enter the city from Zvečan...
edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:57 PM   #744
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Photos from the construction site of Kosovo's first fully-fledged motorway Vermice (Prizren) - Prishtina. Photos are dated 25-30 August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanni View Post
Disa foto te dates 25 Gusht dhe 30 Gusht.Shihen punimet e autostrades dhe nje pjese e kampit te Bechtel-Enka.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old October 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #745
cyranoo

Likes (Received): 0

Does somebody knows how exactly the motorway from Prizren will connect Pristina in a first instance (2-5 years)? I guess the motorway will be the first to join Pristina, before the construction of the ringroads. Do we have confirmation that they will build the whole section going left to Pristina ? Are there connections foreseen with the motorway to Skopje ? What is a reasonable date for this section to opened ? Many questions :-)

Thanks,

XP
cyranoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #746
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyranoo View Post
Does somebody knows how exactly the motorway from Prizren will connect Pristina in a first instance (2-5 years)? I guess the motorway will be the first to join Pristina, before the construction of the ringroads. Do we have confirmation that they will build the whole section going left to Pristina ? Are there connections foreseen with the motorway to Skopje ? What is a reasonable date for this section to opened ? Many questions :-)

Thanks,

XP
The motorway from Prizren will connect to Prishtine (and from there to Mitrovica, Ferizaj and, ultimately, Skopje). The highway to Skopje is currently mostly 2x1, with a 12km section that's 2x2. The motorway from Prizren will connect to the planned motorway to Skopje in the town of Lipjan.

The Ministry of Transportation has finished the plans for the new motorway to Skopje. Now we're waiting for them to announce the expression of interest invitation, and then the tendering process. According to some estimates, it'll take ~300 million euros.
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #747
cyranoo

Thanks Buddy,
Connection in Lipjan will be at the existing E2/E65 crossing (Benetton Outlet) ? Can I find a project map of this area with how the motorway will be connected exactly ? I would like to understand if the traffic generated by the new link with Tirana will use the existing road from Lipjan to Pristina (these 12 km of 2x2) for a while or not...
Cheers,XP
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #748
cyranoo

Tirana Motorway connection in L

Here is a zoning plan ordered by Municipality 2-3 years ago. I do not see any connection of the new motorway in Lypjan with the existing 2x2 road. Is this map wrong ? [IMG]http://i55.************/x2rx2r.png[/IMG]
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #749
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyranoo View Post
Here is a zoning plan ordered by Municipality 2-3 years ago. I do not see any connection of the new motorway in Lypjan with the existing 2x2 road. Is this map wrong ? [IMG]http://i55.************/x2rx2r.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i29.************/ff7fyc.png[/IMG]
This is a very early plan of all the motorways which are currently are being built or will start construction soon... I think there is some deviation of the Morine Merdare motorway but I am in doubt it will affect Lipjan.
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #750
cyranoo

The numbers on the road sections in red indicate, I guess, the AADT (Average Annual Daily Traffic). Are these figures traffic future expectations or based on real measurements ? If yes, do you have the date of these measurements ?
It is very interesting to see how these new roads will affect the overall behaviour and economy in Kosovo. In Western Europe, we do not see immediate effect of such investments. Here, yes !
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #751
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Those numbers are from 2006, I had posted the feasibility study that includes various maps and numbers derived from actual measurements of traffic. It's in this topic, search under "feasibility study" or some such.
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:52 PM   #752
grlmopz

Hello,

I'll be in Kosovo in late December and wanted to get a sense of what the road conditions are typically like (specifically, the probability of heavy snow.)

I'm hoping to drive from Pristina to Peje, onwards to Prizren, ending up in Skopje.

Is this an unreasonable journey to plan in the dead of winter? On the way from Prizren to Skopje, route 17 east to E65 south looks like the most direct route, but it also seems very mountainous. Would I be better advised to take E851 to E65 instead?

Thanks!
grlmopz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #753
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlmopz View Post
Hello,

I'll be in Kosovo in late December and wanted to get a sense of what the road conditions are typically like (specifically, the probability of heavy snow.)

I'm hoping to drive from Pristina to Peje, onwards to Prizren, ending up in Skopje.

Is this an unreasonable journey to plan in the dead of winter? On the way from Prizren to Skopje, route 17 east to E65 south looks like the most direct route, but it also seems very mountainous. Would I be better advised to take E851 to E65 instead?

Thanks!
Hi there, sorry for the late reply.

The most logical route for you would be to go to Peja first, then to Prizren and then to Skopje. The road from Prishtina to Peja is currently under construction (expansion from 2x1 to 2x2) for about ~40 of its 80+km. The first section - 8km - is finished and smooth in asphalt. The rest of the U/C road ranges from good (ready to be paved) to rough (still smoothing it over, etc.). The rest of the 40+km are generally fine. From Peja to Prizren you should not have any troubles if you're driving with winter tires, the snow is plowed away and it's clear. The mountainous (and beautiful!) part, as you noted, starts from Prizren to Skopje, but it is certainly doable in December. Kosovo gets a lot of snow during the winter, but it quickly melts in December. The real heavy snow comes fairly late, in January or so.

Have a safe and fun trip!
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #754
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Progress on the Prishtina - Prizren - Albania motorway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejoni View Post
Bektel & Enka zotohet se segmenti i parė i autostradės do tė jetė gati me kohė

http://www.koha.net/index.php?cid=1,5,38283
also:

Quote:
http://mtpt.org/?page=25&lang=1&item=181
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #755
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Nice progress with highways.
Anyway after the construction of Skopje's northern bypass which is 25 km in length and connects the east entrance with highway E-75 (Belgrade-Athens) and west city entrance with E-65 highway (Tetovo-Gostivar...Ohrid), I think autorities should start a plan with connection to Kosovo and Republic of Macedonia and Skopje's north entrance towards border to Kosovo. Whats the plans from your side?

“The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #756
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Nice progress with highways.
Anyway after the construction of Skopje's northern bypass which is 25 km in length and connects the east entrance with highway E-75 (Belgrade-Athens) and west city entrance with E-65 highway (Tetovo-Gostivar...Ohrid), I think autorities should start a plan with connection to Kosovo and Republic of Macedonia and Skopje's north entrance towards border to Kosovo. Whats the plans from your side?
I know that the Ministry has announced that somewhere in October or September will announce the intrested companies for building the highway. Becouse of current political situation (split of coalition between leading parties and moving to early elections) the status is unknown.
As I know the new highway will not go though current road, I think they will move more into east to escape the Sharr montains. I didn't see the project, so somebody else might give you more info.
Plisat está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #757
shpirtkosova
BANNED

There will be a full motorway from Prishtine to Macedonian border, this will be paid by building company then the company will get their work paid by tolls.
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #758
Buddy Holly
BANNED

The re-construction (from 2x1 to 2x2 with hard shoulders) is progressing on the M9 Prishtina - Peja national road. Asphalt has been laid, or is about to be laid in most sections. Overpasses are nearing completion, and most bridges are also on their way to being completed.

Quote:
M9 Prishtine - Peje (pjesa nga Aeroporti deri afer Malisheves). Sic po shihet ndoshta edhe ne foto, punet kane perparuar dhe rruga po e merr trajten e saj. Pjese solide jane asfalltuar, tjerat po behen gati per asfalltim. Urat/nenkalimet po ndertohen me te madhe, dhe puna eshte shpejtuar para zgjedhjeve.

Old October 28th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #759
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Part 2

Quote:
Pjesa e dyte e fotove. Edhe ketu shihet se punet kane perparuar dukshem, e gjithe rruga ose eshte asfalltuar ose eshte bere gati per asfalltim. Mbikalimi numer 2 eshte ne perfundim e siper.

Old October 31st, 2010, 11:25 PM   #760
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Turra e trete

Quote:
Eee mire, mire pra.

Turra e katert (dhe e fundit), ne kthim e siper po shtronin asfalltin ne disa pjese tjera sic shihet ne tri fotot e para (djathtas).

Ure

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi