daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #801
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaNdErBeG View Post
Disa foto qe i bera ne Dhjetor 2010. Ndoshta pak postim i vonuar, por me mire vone se kurre

































....


Pictures date back to Dec 2010.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #802
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,570
Likes (Received): 19358

That is A1 around Prizren?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #803
Arbenit
Registered User
 
Arbenit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,720
Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That is A1 around Prizren?
Correct.
__________________
Don't feed the trolls

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM   #804
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That is A1 around Prizren?
Your knowledge of European highway system is pretty inspiring, most people in Europe don't know the capital of the republic.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM   #805
Triple C
Registered User
 
Triple C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Antalya
Posts: 5,268
Likes (Received): 1723

Is there any map about Kosovo's motorway and main highways?
__________________
ek$i | Flickr | last.fm | Twitter
Concerts | Cappadocia | Eskişehir | İzmir '09 | İstanbul
In some time: Ankara, Antalya, Bandırma, Çanakkale
Triple C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM   #806
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbenit View Post
Correct.
A couple more from the construction of this motorway.


[IMG]http://i55.************/2ch74p5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/2i75tz7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/1ene2v.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.************/300gymb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.************/hvv6ld.jpg[/IMG]



http://www.kosovomotorway.com/Begp/
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:20 PM   #807
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple C View Post
Is there any map about Kosovo's motorway and main highways?
Well the overall result by end of 2012 should look something like this, thats what they plan anyway, most of these highways and motorways are aunder construction.

shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #808
vectom
Registered User
 
vectom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pantelej
Posts: 1,787
Likes (Received): 967

shpirtkosova, I'm interested to know which of this corridors are going to be full profiled motorways (1+2 + 2 + 1), de-leveled from bypassing and access roads, with fences around?

and which are going to be cheaper "fast roads" without aux. lanes and without full de-levelization?
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #809
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

The ones from Prishtina to Prizren, and from Prishtina to Macedonia (Skopje) will be full motorways, whereas the ones from Prishtina to Peja and Mitrovica will be expressways. Except the one towards Skopje, all the other ones are under U/C.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #810
vectom
Registered User
 
vectom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pantelej
Posts: 1,787
Likes (Received): 967

excellent news then, hope these projects are sustainable enough to be built and be used afterwards. Can you estimate how many percents of Priština - Prizren motorway has been completed so far? And when will they finish it, by your estimation? I would love to be able to use that motorway in a near future towards southern Adriatic.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I guess other posters here are also little informed about the details, I wanna know what type of financing is behind construction of that one? Is it 'public-private' partnership between the government and investors, or full concession?

Also, can you tell more about dynamics of construction works between Priština and K.Mitrovica? Is there any chance that the part northern from K.Mitrovica gets under construction too, in current situation. So far, I know that this road part is fully maintained by vendors loyal and financed from Serbia proper, so I guess there are no sustainable plans to get expressway built there while the things are set like nowdays. Or I might be wrong?
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #811
omnipotent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 695
Likes (Received): 139

Work on Kosovo motorway started last Oktober and it will take 36 months to be completed!
The motorway is divided in 3 segments and each will take a year to be constructed (more or less). In 1.5 years the motorway should reach Prishtina.
Nobody knows how this road will be financed yet or how much it will really cost.

Work on Mitrovica highway started in 2009, and so far they have paved only a few km. With this tempo they will reach Mitrovica in 10 years!
omnipotent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #812
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
excellent news then, hope these projects are sustainable enough to be built and be used afterwards. Can you estimate how many percents of Priština - Prizren motorway has been completed so far? And when will they finish it, by your estimation? I would love to be able to use that motorway in a near future towards southern Adriatic.
First: the name of the city is Prishtina. Second, road improvement has always proven to be important for economic development, particularly considering the fact that -- apart from Prishtina - Prizren -- all existing projects are simply extensions/modernizations of the existing road network.

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but I guess other posters here are also little informed about the details, I wanna know what type of financing is behind construction of that one? Is it 'public-private' partnership between the government and investors, or full concession?
All of them, with the exception of Prishtina - Skopje, are financed by the Government of Kosovo. Prishtina - Skopje has not been tendered yet, and the Government is considering a concession.

Quote:
Also, can you tell more about dynamics of construction works between Priština and K.Mitrovica? Is there any chance that the part northern from K.Mitrovica gets under construction too, in current situation. So far, I know that this road part is fully maintained by vendors loyal and financed from Serbia proper, so I guess there are no sustainable plans to get expressway built there while the things are set like nowdays. Or I might be wrong?
Again, the names of the cities are: Prishtina and Mitrovica. Second, there is no "Serbia proper", just Serbia, a neighbor of Kosovo. Current plans are for an expressway towards the city of Mitrovica, meaning all the way to city limits, not extending further towards the border with Serbia.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #813
vectom
Registered User
 
vectom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pantelej
Posts: 1,787
Likes (Received): 967

Buddy Holly, thanks for the info on questions I've asked you. I also agree that there's no sustainable planing of extension expressway profile northern than Kosovska Mitrovica as of unsorted political/administrative issues on that small stretch of Kosovo.
When you say 'financed by the Government of Kosovo' what does it mean? Did they take loans, or it's financed from 'privatisation' funds, or what? If you could give more detailed data, it would be blast

As for naming conventions, if there could be more objective tolerance in the cyberspace (and on this forums too), I think we all could live easier lives. Who the hell cares whose dick got erection by pointing out their own point of view even upon naming cities. Even then, I spelled cities correct even according to the current constitution of Republic of Kosovo. I mean, spare us that bullshit man, this is a peaceful forum, and all I wanna find in this thread is the right info about development. With the best wishes to all of contributers, I'm just advising you to relax as there are boneheads on all sides that corrupt the quality of this threads by that dick-erecting bullshit. And us who don't give a damn are nothing to do but to quit the pond and leave it to the pigs. Honestly speaking. So if you're up for professional discussion about constructions, I'm all up for it!

Therefore, my concern is financing. Is there any good online source about current status of Kosovo's financing and GDB/loans taken? I'm interested for myself basically, wondering how sustainable could be objectively very poor economy of nowdays' Kosovo to hold this important project without getting too much into loans at IMF, EBRD funds, etc..
Btw, are IMF/EBRD funds available at all for Kosovo yet?
For example, this 'new motorways & corridors' virus is well spread around the poor Balkans in past few years, in my opinion it already became a folklore of corrupted infrastructure ministers, who over-saturate importance of the 'corridors'. Everyone can notice the same thing in, for example, Serbia, where current minister Mrkonjic doesn't get off TV screens shouting about corridors, etc, while the country shows relatively poor results in motorway construction, when measured in kilometers. At the same time, public debt of Serbia rises rapidly up thanks to credits taken for this stuff, and it's for a long time so far very obvious that one Serbia can not finance this works without getting very much in debt. That's why I'm wondering if there's any reliable data upon the same economical issues that are going on in Kosovo today, regarding roads. I just can't easily believe that Kosovo can spend enough money for such expensive project(s) without getting deeply into debts. So someone with more info, give it here
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #814
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
Buddy Holly, thanks for the info on questions I've asked you. I also agree that there's no sustainable planing of extension expressway profile northern than Kosovska Mitrovica as of unsorted political/administrative issues on that small stretch of Kosovo.
When you say 'financed by the Government of Kosovo' what does it mean? Did they take loans, or it's financed from 'privatisation' funds, or what? If you could give more detailed data, it would be blast

As for naming conventions, if there could be more objective tolerance in the cyberspace (and on this forums too), I think we all could live easier lives. Who the hell cares whose dick got erection by pointing out their own point of view even upon naming cities. Even then, I spelled cities correct even according to the current constitution of Republic of Kosovo. I mean, spare us that bullshit man, this is a peaceful forum, and all I wanna find in this thread is the right info about development. With the best wishes to all of contributers, I'm just advising you to relax as there are boneheads on all sides that corrupt the quality of this threads by that dick-erecting bullshit. And us who don't give a damn are nothing to do but to quit the pond and leave it to the pigs. Honestly speaking. So if you're up for professional discussion about constructions, I'm all up for it!

Therefore, my concern is financing. Is there any good online source about current status of Kosovo's financing and GDB/loans taken? I'm interested for myself basically, wondering how sustainable could be objectively very poor economy of nowdays' Kosovo to hold this important project without getting too much into loans at IMF, EBRD funds, etc..
Btw, are IMF/EBRD funds available at all for Kosovo yet?
For example, this 'new motorways & corridors' virus is well spread around the poor Balkans in past few years, in my opinion it already became a folklore of corrupted infrastructure ministers, who over-saturate importance of the 'corridors'. Everyone can notice the same thing in, for example, Serbia, where current minister Mrkonjic doesn't get off TV screens shouting about corridors, etc, while the country shows relatively poor results in motorway construction, when measured in kilometers. At the same time, public debt of Serbia rises rapidly up thanks to credits taken for this stuff, and it's for a long time so far very obvious that one Serbia can not finance this works without getting very much in debt. That's why I'm wondering if there's any reliable data upon the same economical issues that are going on in Kosovo today, regarding roads. I just can't easily believe that Kosovo can spend enough money for such expensive project(s) without getting deeply into debts. So someone with more info, give it here
I would just like to add that in the constitution of Kosovo, there are three main languages used as official and only two languages are used for road signs, First Language being Albanian, second Serbian... Buddy was not trying to sabbotage the discussion but to correct you on the name factors.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:07 AM   #815
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
When you say 'financed by the Government of Kosovo' what does it mean?
It's not rocket science; the Government of the Republic of Kosovo has a yearly budget, and it finances road construction through the proceedings of that budget. Labor in Kosovo is pretty cheap, so roads don't cost an arm and a leg; an almost 25km stretch that is widened and reconstructed - including several large bridges and interchanges - costs close to 55 million euros. This is affordable, and is directly financed by the Government.

Quote:
I mean, spare us that bullshit man
I suggest you "spare us that bullshit man" about "Serbia proper" and whatnot. You want to ask about roads? Ask about roads, don't make political statements about "Serbia proper" and other fantasies.

Quote:
Therefore, my concern is financing.
It shouldn't be; you're not paying for the road through your taxes, so no need for "concern".

Quote:
Btw, are IMF/EBRD funds available at all for Kosovo yet?
Kosovo is not a member of EBRD yet, and cannot borrow from it. It is a member of the IMF, and has a stand-by agreement with the IMF at around 109 million euros. All of this can be found with a simple Google search.

Quote:
I just can't easily believe that Kosovo can spend enough money for such expensive project(s) without getting deeply into debts. So someone with more info, give it here
The A1 from Prishtina to Prizren will be financed directly by the budget. Other expressways are also financed directly by the budget, though their construction is done lot by lot, as money becomes available, and is not one huge public contract.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM   #816
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolt View Post
Tërrne (Suhareke) - Punimet ne ur per autostraden - 25 shkurt 2011

[IMG]http://i53.************/rk0ebs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/23hrg5l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/1zd67mf.jpg[/IMG]

Reshtan (Suhareke) - Punimet ne kompleksin per daljen dhe kyqjen perautostrades - 25 shkurt 2011

[IMG]http://i56.************/2qutamc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/29p6m4h.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/n6pded.jpg[/IMG]

Punimet nuk ndalen, punohet 24 ore edhe me reflektora. Gurthyesit kan shume pun, ma shume ka kamiona sesa kerra te thjesht neper rrug.
............
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:36 AM   #817
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 846

@ Buddy Holly. Just contact an moderator. The guy is clearly trolling and has no interest in the developments being made in Kosova, but just wants to derail the thread.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM   #818
vectom
Registered User
 
vectom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pantelej
Posts: 1,787
Likes (Received): 967

guys, thanks for this kind of responses. still better than nothing.

i was doing a research on motorway construction feasibility cases in Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo, that's why I was asking this stuff. Seems that Google will help more now on. Anyway, thanks for anything.

FYI, I'm neither Serbian, neither orthodox/christian, so no need to flame at me cos of my supposed nationality. Have a nice day and wish this thread lots of nice pics (of completed motorways).
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM   #819
RolexAL
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toka Shqiptare
Posts: 10,850
Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
guys, thanks for this kind of responses. still better than nothing.

i was doing a research on motorway construction feasibility cases in Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo, that's why I was asking this stuff. Seems that Google will help more now on. Anyway, thanks for anything.

FYI, I'm neither Serbian, neither orthodox/christian, so no need to flame at me cos of my supposed nationality. Have a nice day and wish this thread lots of nice pics (of completed motorways).
None cares what the hell are you or about your religion.Acquire information from what is posted here or if u have something to ask..do it.. without being provocative.
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM   #820
RolexAL
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toka Shqiptare
Posts: 10,850
Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Well the overall result by end of 2012 should look something like this, thats what they plan anyway, most of these highways and motorways are aunder construction.

Thanks for the map.
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium