daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #881
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Prishtine- Mitrovice highway.... At the end of the video you also get to see the new flyover roundabout in Prishtine.

Video is by Buddy Holly.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #882
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1531

Last edited by Plisat; September 16th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM   #883
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

An asphalted section of the Prishtina-Prizren motorway that's U/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #884
Lum Lumi
BANNED

A video from Kosovo's M9 Prishtinė - Pejė (English: Pristina - Peja) showing a recently widened and reconstructed part of this road. Peja is Kosovo's westernmost city, close to the border with Montenegro, and an important industrial center of the country.

The road on Google Maps in red (rough sketch, the distance may not be exact).

[IMG]http://i52.************/2a8gcoj.jpg[/IMG]
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #885
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

Nice video. What I don't understand from the signage is that Pristina is straight ahead, but Peje turns off two times. Are those U-turns? (i.e. is this video eastbound?)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #886
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

How long is that four lane segment of M9 in total? From Prishtina to which city are there four lanes? And are other segments currently under construction?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #887
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

pitty that they haven't limited an access on the road totally.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #888
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Based on Google Earth imagery it appears to be about 1/3rd of the way from Prishtina to Peje. It appears to end east of Kijevė.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #889
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice video. What I don't understand from the signage is that Pristina is straight ahead, but Peje turns off two times. Are those U-turns? (i.e. is this video eastbound?)
Yes, the video is eastbound, direction Pristina. Sorry, forgot to mention that. No U-turns, thankfully.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #890
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
How long is that four lane segment of M9 in total? From Prishtina to which city are there four lanes? And are other segments currently under construction?
The road itself is around 84km long. The 4-lane segment, most of it completed (some sections still need final work done) is about 48km long according to some (admittedly amateur) measurements I've done mostly using Google Earth and the name of the village nearby where the works stop (Gjurgjevice).
Old October 1st, 2011, 03:15 AM   #891
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum Lumi View Post
The road itself is around 84km long. The 4-lane segment, most of it completed (some sections still need final work done) is about 48km long according to some (admittedly amateur) measurements I've done mostly using Google Earth and the name of the village nearby where the works stop (Gjurgjevice).
I think this section will be part of the Morine-Merdare motorway currently in construction to cut funds, I should also imagine that because quite a big part of the highway has been extended to dual-carriageay highway there will be a second phase in the near future... As we know Kosovo struggles with funding roads because of low budget and hard acess to international monetary funds due to the political dispute with Serbia.

ChrisZwolle, Any Chance we could rename the thread " [RKS] Kosovo Roads and Motorway | Rrugė dhe Autoudha" ?
Old October 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM   #892
Plisat

Once finished in 2013, all main cities in Kosovo will be connected with Pristina on highway or motorway (2X2). I think thats the time when Kosovo Government is thinking to start the highway with Macedonia. Half of the road to Macedonia is motorway (2X2)...but Government is looking to start a complete new highway.
shpirtkosova mention that there is a lot of job done already due to limited founds, but after the finishing the highways with Macedonia, I think Kosovo has finish their part when it comes to main roads construction.
There is a quite good possibilities that the highway with Macedonia to start next year. I see that money from Privatisation process that were in foreign banks will be returned to Government that might help that found directed for Merdare-Morina highway to be put on Pristina-Macedonian border highway. Since most of returned founds will be putted on Merdare-Morina highway.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM   #893
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Actually, the 2x2 expressway M2 Prishtinė - Skopje is only about 15km long, the rest is 1x2.

Also, shpirtkosova, the government is not struggling with funding due to the dispute with Serbia, but because it is investing huge sums of money, compared to total GDP, to build the highway connecting Prishtina with Albania. That's a major project for Kosovo and the government will be able to breathe easier after it's completed (mid-2013).
Old October 1st, 2011, 08:58 PM   #894
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plisat View Post

shpirtkosova mention that there is a lot of job done already due to limited founds, but after the finishing the highways with Macedonia, I think Kosovo has finish their part when it comes to main roads construction.

After finishing Pishtina-Skopje there would be one missing link left: The connection to Montenegro needs to be created. And by that I don't mean a curvy raod over the mountains
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM   #895
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Nice progress there. What are the plans and dates for connecting the highway to Skopje's north ring road?

“The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:17 AM   #896
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Nice progress there. What are the plans and dates for connecting the highway to Skopje's north ring road?
Well, the idea would be to connect Prishtina with a motorway with Skopje's north ring road which would create an uniterrupted motorway from Prishtina, through Macedonia, and all the way 'til Greece. The Govenment of Kosovo has completed the necessary studies and project-proposal, but it's short on funds and will have to wait, at the very least, until end-2012 to start the tendering process.

Kosovo is looking at securing an IMF loan next year, so it has to stick to a fiscally conservative budget agreed with the IMF. Although the Prime Minister himself is very eager to see a motorway connection with Skopje, the budget is a bit tight right now and we will just have to wait.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM   #897
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Also, shpirtkosova, the government is not struggling with funding due to the dispute with Serbia, but because it is investing huge sums of money, compared to total GDP, to build the highway connecting Prishtina with Albania. That's a major project for Kosovo and the government will be able to breathe easier after it's completed (mid-2013).
Yep, it's important to note that these infrastructure projects in Kosovo (or Albania, Montenegro or Bosnia) are huge compared to the GDP. If the Netherlands executes a € 4 billion project it's just 0.5% of the GDP, but if Kosovo executes an € 1 billion project it may be as much as 10% of the GDP. Which means these projects are much harder to fund for the government.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:27 AM   #898
UserFree
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Well, the idea would be to connect Prishtina with a motorway with Skopje's north ring road which would create an uniterrupted motorway from Prishtina, through Macedonia, and all the way 'til Greece. The Govenment of Kosovo has completed the necessary studies and project-proposal, but it's short on funds and will have to wait, at the very least, until end-2012 to start the tendering process.

Kosovo is looking at securing an IMF loan next year, so it has to stick to a fiscally conservative budget agreed with the IMF. Although the Prime Minister himself is very eager to see a motorway connection with Skopje, the budget is a bit tight right now and we will just have to wait.
Here according to the article provided in the link below, it says that Prishtina - Skopje project is back up, and it should start around the end of 2012.

http://www.qendra.info/ekonomi/16121...-se-dyte-.html
UserFree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:38 AM   #899
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFree View Post
Here according to the article provided in the link below, it says that Prishtina - Skopje project is back up, and it should start around the end of 2012.

http://www.qendra.info/ekonomi/16121...-se-dyte-.html
Thats good news.

“The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:12 AM   #900
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
After finishing Pishtina-Skopje there would be one missing link left: The connection to Montenegro needs to be created. And by that I don't mean a curvy raod over the mountains
Well Prishtine - Peje highway is in the process of extending to 2x2 expressway and quite a bit of it is already finished, I should imagine that this expressway will go all the way to Peje. It would be almost impossible for the government to fund a motorway from Prishtine going all the way to the border with Monetengro as the economic prospects would be unfeasible when considering the import and export through Montenegro. In effect, I believe that come maybe 2015-2020 Kosovo will have motorway links with Serbia, Albania and Macedonia. It will also have expressway links to Montenegro and another expressway to Serbia through Mitrovica. All the major cities including some major towns will be fully linked by motorways and expressways to Prishtina. Its not bad going for a newly found republic.

ChrisZwolle, Earlier on I made a special request for a name change of this thread... I am not sure if you saw my request but I proposed this:

[RKS] Kosovo Roads and Motorways/Rruge dhe Autostrada

Last edited by shpirtkosova; October 2nd, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi