daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #921
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Good road!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #922
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

how will they solve problem of connecting nearby houses to express-way?
is this road widened old magistrala?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #923
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1531

Some of the houses/businesses on the verge of the road will be demolished/expropriated, while others a bit farther from the road will connect through parallel roads connecting to the interchange(s).

This road is the old national road, yes, and it has been widened to 2x2 + emergency lanes.
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #924
Lum Lumi
BANNED

A video (collection of photos, really) showing some of the overpasses in the first 38km of the Prishtina - Prizren motorway. The first 38km are expected to open to traffic end-October. Please excuse the bad music.

Old October 20th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #925
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
how will they solve problem of connecting nearby houses to express-way?
is this road widened old magistrala?
The photo suggests this is a perfect area for some type of frontage road setup...
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM   #926
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
The photo suggests this is a perfect area for some type of frontage road setup...
I believe they will add frontage roads, where appropriate and possible.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #927
Lum Lumi
BANNED

A video from the new road connecting the village of Shalė (Lipjan) with Kleckė, and then merging with M25 Prishtinė - Prizren at Qafa e Duhlės. You take this road by driving on the M9, turning left at Komoran and then taking R102 towards Shalė. The nature was spectacular, the road excellent, and the signage was clear and plentiful. The majority of people taking this road use it in order to bypass a large part of Qafa e Duhlės; the bottleneck of M25.

Please watch it in HD as it's definitely worth it.

A map of the road

[IMG]http://i56.************/23h1rvr.jpg[/IMG]

And shown in the context of M25 Prishtinė - Prizren

[IMG]http://i53.************/o6ed90.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #928
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

excellent local road! can't wait to ride it on a chopper next spring/summer, seems it has excellent curves for easy riding.

apropo that, which road would you recommend me to pass on that bike from Prishtina via Prizren to Štrpce (not sure about Albanian version of its name)? I am interested for scenic curvy local roads with acceptable pavement, and off course, sceneries to enjoy from the bike perspective. Therefore, after Suva Reka, 205 or that other road via Korishe? After Prizren, is there acceptable road via Rečani or the one via Žur is more recommended?
thanks
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #929
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Thanks.

Do you want to go to Shtėrpcė from Prishtina via Prizren? If so, you would have to go to Prizren (you can take this road to do that!), and then from Prizren to Shtėrpcė through Prevallė (Prevalac in Serbian) and through Brezovica to Shtėrpcė.

You can also take the M2 (Prishtina - Skopje) to go to Shtėrpcė, get there, and from there on drive to Prizren. You will be driving through a lot of mountainous roads, all of them in decent condition, though the asphalt won't be as fresh as on the road in the video above.

This is the kind of road and the kind of views you can expect when you travel from Prizren to Shtėrpcė or the other way around.

And these are the kinds of views you can expect. Obviously, the amount of snow may vary.

Finally, when you drive through the Prevallė mountain pass on your way from/to Shtėrpcė, I recommend that you stop and enjoy a coffee in Hotel Sharr. The view from the terrace is great. Also, you can't beat their prices: 1 euro for a large coffee.

image hosted on flickr

photo: David&Bonnie from flickr.com
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #930
vectom

hey, thanks a LOT again!

actually, I made a mistake in my post. I wanted to take the road from Prizren to Dragaš community, and then back to Prizren and over Šar mountain to Štrpce / Brezovica resort. Other way around, first via Štrpce using Prishtina - Skopje road wasnt too amusing last time I took it, at least not until Kačanik, so I guess I will be using this new local road too.

thanks for the videos.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #931
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Sure, no problem. Where is your starting point, that is, what direction are you coming from? Because Dragash is basically underneath Prizren, so if you're coming from Prishtina, you can take M9 Prishtine - Peje, take the detour at Komoran and use R102 (as shown on the video at post #929), merge with M9 again at Qafe e Duhles, travel all the way to Prizren and then Dragash, and when coming back, take the road from Prizren to Shtėrpcė and then from there back to Prishtina.
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #932
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 619

R102 is amazing. I am pleased to notice that you are doing such an grand effort to improve the road network.

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #933
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by niskogradnja View Post
R102 is amazing. I am pleased to notice that you are doing such an grand effort to improve the road network.
Thanks man. The road infrastructure has definitely improved since 2008 when the current government took over from the previous one. Major infrastructure projects were launched, and several others were continued and expanded on. Though there are financing and expropriation problems here and there, and though the government hasn't always invested in the most needy areas due to, among others, politics, the trend is definitely one of expansion and not of stagnation.
Old October 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #934
vectom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum Lumi View Post
Sure, no problem. Where is your starting point, that is, what direction are you coming from? Because Dragash is basically underneath Prizren, so if you're coming from Prishtina, you can take M9 Prishtine - Peje, take the detour at Komoran and use R102 (as shown on the video at post #929), merge with M9 again at Qafe e Duhles, travel all the way to Prizren and then Dragash, and when coming back, take the road from Prizren to Shtėrpcė and then from there back to Prishtina.
I'm planing any weekend motorbike ride from Niš. So as I need a bit more than 1 hour to Kuršumlija, guess its possible to get to Priština in less than 3 hours. Points where I would like to stop are mostly off the beaten track local roads with great nature around, such that one you posted or the one over Šara, and some small communities on the way that are friendly enough to my NI plates, therefore staying in Štrpce or Brezovica or Dragaš overnight. And I remember one photo of Dragaš from my primary school geography book, it looked awesome from some angle, so just want to see it myself.

going back possibly even through Preševo/Bujanovac, guess it will be quicker and more interesting, not to drive back on the same path.
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #935
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
I'm planing any weekend motorbike ride from Niš. So as I need a bit more than 1 hour to Kuršumlija, guess its possible to get to Priština in less than 3 hours. Points where I would like to stop are mostly off the beaten track local roads with great nature around, such that one you posted or the one over Šara, and some small communities on the way that are friendly enough to my NI plates, therefore staying in Štrpce or Brezovica or Dragaš overnight. And I remember one photo of Dragaš from my primary school geography book, it looked awesome from some angle, so just want to see it myself.

going back possibly even through Preševo/Bujanovac, guess it will be quicker and more interesting, not to drive back on the same path.
I think last time I drove from Nis to Prishtina it took me much more than 4 hours. It was very heavy rain at the time. The roads from Kursumlija to Merdare were in terrible conditions, however they were constructing some sections July this year... I am not sure how these road developments in Serbia have gone on up to now. Make sure you give yourself a lot of extra time as we were made to wait at the border crossing for about 2 hours. Before you reach Prishtina, it would be worthwhile to go and visit the beautiful Village of Batlava where the Batlava Lake lies... It has beautiful scenery and great to stop for a coffee. Summer time there is a 2 Euro pass fee, Autumn and winter is probably free.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #936
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

For ride (and drive) from Nis to Prishtina i would recomend, due to the road conditions of last 50 km before entering Kosovo, road via Leskovac. This road is a little bit longer (for 20 km) but it is in much better condition. Nature itself between Leskovac and Prishtina is beautiful... And its a bit curvy road!

For the condition of the road between Nis and Kosovo border see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mumin View Post
You can see the picture from Serbian thread.

Blue section in under reconstruction. Black section means road in bad condition. I'm living in Sjenica (Sandžak region), so I'm not informed about construction progress on this section.

Highway from Niš to Merdare is not priority, so, maybe one day, when you finish Morine - Merdare highway , Serbian government, maybe, will start an idea about connecting Niš with Kosovo. But if EU make a pressure on Serbia about all this situation about Kosovo, I can not tell you for sure about result...

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #937
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

I traveled this road, from Nis to Devils's Town, last intersection until Kosovo border: http://g.co/maps/3886h
It's very drivable, in some sections kinda bad, but OK in general.

Here you can find pictures from the road:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1079219...J3KscW9gv2C4gE
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #938
AL-KS

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum Lumi View Post
Fresh photos, 22 October 2011. This is a section close to Vermice.

Posted by Lum Lumi in the Albanian thread.
AL-KS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #939
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Motorway looks similar to that of Split-Zagreb Motorway in Croatia, I have not seen it myself yet as it is not open to public yet but it looks very good!
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #940
Pejoni

Likes (Received): 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
ChrisZwolle, Earlier on I made a special request for a name change of this thread... I am not sure if you saw my request but I proposed this:

[RKS] Kosovo Roads and Motorways/Rruge dhe Autostrada
+1

Great photos guys, thank you for your contribution.
Pejoni no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi