daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #1281
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

I looked in Google Maps.
The road to Vienna is much faster through Serbia.
To Germany the differences are not that big.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1282
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnipotent View Post
I would say more than 90% of Kosovo-Albanians drive through Serbia as it is the fastest route to the EU.

The rest that don't (and most didn't, back when RKS Docs weren't recognized in Serbia), are either scared of travelling through Serbia or choose the route via Croatia to avoid double taxation etc.

I personally prefer driving through Serbia. It takes only 11 hrs to reach Vienna, whereas through MNG-CRO it takes min. 18 hrs of active driving. (not to mention the unacceptable attitude of Croatian border police towards Albanians).
I have never had a problem with the Croats, the most corrupt were the Montenegrins, Bosnians and the Serbs.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1283
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
I have never had a problem with the Croats, the most corrupt were the Montenegrins, Bosnians and the Serbs.
A funny story about it: A few years ago I carried a few things to my father in Greece and among all those worthless things were about 24 cans of pea soup. We were early at the Crotian-Montenegrin border (about 7:00 in the morning) and so things went fast till the Montenegrin customs officer. He asked me to open the car and the first he saw were the cans of pea soup. He asked me what it was and why I took it along etc. I explained. Then he looked at the other things rather uninterested and quickly came back at the cans. He said something that it would be too much cans. I explained to him that we don't want to sell them, just eat them (in fact it was the only food we took along). After some discussion, he asked me "Can I taste it?". I was so surprised that I just answered "Sure!" and so he took one can, walked away said that everything is ok and wished me a nice journey...

That can costs 0.29 Euro...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1284
omnipotent

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Well, until recently K. Albanians had to drive through Croatia because Serbia didn't accept Kosovo papers.

Croats aware of this monopoly, for years in a row, they ripped off Kosovar immigrants.
For years, all those who had Schengen Visas, had to pay 70 EUR for a 72 hr transit visa to enter Croatia.

Having experienced it first hand, let me tell you the attitude or Croatian police is appalling!

On one occasion, after having to get out of the bus, so they could interrogate each one on why were we entering Croatia, I was shocked when they began mocking an old lady, asking her why she wasn't married yet, and questioning her sexual orientation!!!

Even I, was 'advised' to improve my Croatian language skills because, according to them, we would need it soon!

I responded in english saying Serbo-Croatian is indeed a useful language. She literaly went mad, haha.

PS: As of today, the fifth section of ROUTE 7 to Gjurgjice (20km ) is open for traffic.
omnipotent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1285
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #1286
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
A funny story about it: A few years ago I carried a few things to my father in Greece and among all those worthless things were about 24 cans of pea soup. We were early at the Crotian-Montenegrin border (about 7:00 in the morning) and so things went fast till the Montenegrin customs officer. He asked me to open the car and the first he saw were the cans of pea soup. He asked me what it was and why I took it along etc. I explained. Then he looked at the other things rather uninterested and quickly came back at the cans. He said something that it would be too much cans. I explained to him that we don't want to sell them, just eat them (in fact it was the only food we took along). After some discussion, he asked me "Can I taste it?". I was so surprised that I just answered "Sure!" and so he took one can, walked away said that everything is ok and wished me a nice journey...

That can costs 0.29 Euro...
But you cant find it everywhere hahaha
Hungarian custom officers are the most corrupted in the world it is normal for buses to collect from passengers 2€ for custom officers and everyone is doing it.
BTW once Hungarian asked from me can of coke, because he saw it in my car.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #1287
shpirtkosova
BANNED

I agree with Bad Hafen, Hungarians are pretty terrible. Interestingly enough, the most corrupt are the Montenegrins, they will ask you for coffee even when all your documents are correct, Bosnians are a$$holes too.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #1288
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Did R7 open to traffic today?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1289
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
But you cant find it everywhere hahaha
Hungarian custom officers are the most corrupted in the world it is normal for buses to collect from passengers 2€ for custom officers and everyone is doing it.
BTW once Hungarian asked from me can of coke, because he saw it in my car.
Hmm... For Germans it's "a bit" surprising to experience something like that. I guess they choose rather "powerless" (can't find a better word) people for such a behavior
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1290
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1531

Yes it did open for traffic. There was supposed to be a huge ceremony, but that was cancelled when some people decided to protest by blocking the ceremony. But you can drive it, so all's well.
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #1291
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7145770.story

This article shows the motorway indeed opened without ceremony.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #1292
Lum Lumi
BANNED

A photo from the protest

Photo: EPA
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #1293
Lum Lumi
BANNED

I will take a drive through the next sections in the near future (next few days), so we'll some video and photos pretty soon.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1294
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7145770.story

This article shows the motorway indeed opened without ceremony.
I will not belive in it, until I see it in the "motorway openings around the world" thread.

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1295
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Hmm... For Germans it's "a bit" surprising to experience something like that. I guess they choose rather "powerless" (can't find a better word) people for such a behavior
Aryans and Unetrmenschen?
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1296
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Aryans and Unetrmenschen?
NO!!

I mean that they don't dare something like that if they deal with Western European citizens or U.S. and Japanese citizens as well.

That could have many causes, for example "we" are not used to corruption in that extend and therefore people refuse to pay or better don't know how to handle this. And if someone complains about it at their respective authority, you can be sure that it makes a difference if that complain comes e.g. from France or from Macedonia (FYROM for our Greek friends ) - if it will handle someone at all there.

And since they know it could have consequences for them, they don't try to. Of course not always, but it's fact that my story is the only one I ever experienced myself and I traveled a lot in Eastern and Southern Europe. And my father was once charged by Romanian Police for allegedly driving too fast (which he wasn't), which was also his only experience like this in the past 20 years in Eastern and Southern Europe as well.

Anyway, if a German bus crosses Hungarian border you can be sure that you won't have to pay something. And that was always the case not only since Hungary joined EU and Schengen... And I doubt that it would be a difference with France or English citizens.

Not my fault, sorry!
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1297
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
NO!!

I mean that they don't dare something like that if they deal with Western European citizens or U.S. and Japanese citizens as well.
You know that because you are Hungarian custom officer?
I highly doubt it is like that, because in bus there are all different passports and citizens including WE and US.
Corruption is corruption, I know you think they are Aryans, but sorry to break this to you they are not.

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; November 28th, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1298
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Bad Hafen and Stickidy, you need to get back to the topic of the roads in Kosovo.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1299
Man.Utd

Likes (Received): 42

(Just to close this off-topic)

I crossed Hungarian/Serbian border by Bus with a bus registred in Macedonia (FYROM) (albanian company) and nobody asked us for money or something else. the Hungarian custom officer controlled quickly passport and let us go.
Man.Utd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #1300
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Duket qe kosovomotorways.com eshte bere update dhe kan shti disa fotografi nga Qershori 2012 (besoj ne seksionin 4). Shpresoje qe do te ket edhe fotografi ajrore siq ka pas ma heret.

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi