daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2016, 08:27 PM   #1641
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
How about the road from Pec westbound to Montenegro (M9)? Any sign of opening that road/border crossing again at the Cakor-pass?
That road is only 2 km long, and it can be asphalted in few weeks. Problem is to agree both countries to open a new border crossing. Nothing new about it.

Quote:
And I read about a new road from Decani to Plav in Montenegro, the construction should start a year ago. Is there any progress?
This road (Deqan - Plav) has started to be build from Deqan. It will be 35 km long. In territory of Kosovo the road will be long 20 km and it will cost 50 million euros. But/but it will take 5-10 years until the completion in Kosovo side.
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2016, 09:03 PM   #1642
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
How about the road from Pec westbound to Montenegro (M9)? Any sign of opening that road/border crossing again at the Cakor-pass?
There were/are some small border line disputes with Montenegro in that area preventing opening the road. Those issues were solved a few months ago on a conference in Vienna but the agreement has yet to be approved by the Kosovorian parliament.

But the vote is boycotted by the opposition parties preventing the parliament from working. That are my informations about the problem. As soon as the border line is fixed, opening the road should happen pretty fast. The raod is on both sides in good condition, there's just the need for border infrastructure.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:31 PM   #1643
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Montenegrin prime minister has shown that he is open to further discussion with Kosovo on the border issue. Opposition is holding back developments at the moment.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:28 PM   #1644
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

So if the opposition does not bring any teargas anymore into the parliament, the Pec-Cakor road could be opened soon
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:29 PM   #1645
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
So if the opposition does not bring any teargas anymore into the parliament, the Pec-Cakor road could be opened soon
Yes, albeit, the teargas is entertaining.
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM   #1646
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Ja kur do tė bėhet me pagesė autostrada Prishtinė- Morinė!

Sipas tij, kur tė pėrfundoj edhe autostrada pėr Shkup, pas dy vjetėsh, atėherė do tė bėhet me pagesė hyrja nė autostradė.

Pjesėn nga Gjurgjica e deri nė Morinė qė janė 60 do tė mundemi ta bėjmė me pagesė, derisa pjesa tjetėr nga Gjurgjica nė Prishtinė do tė duhej ta kishim njė rrugė alternative qė qytetarėve tanė t’u ofrohet edhe varianti pa pagesė, e jo t’i detyrojmė qė tė paguajnė.

http://infosot.com/ja-kur-te-behet-p...shtine-morine/
Only the segment from Morina to Gjurgjica on Route 7 will be tolled as soon as the motorway on Route 6 are finished. Which is expected to finished within 2 years.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #1647
Festin
Changeable constant

New pictures from december on:
http://kosovomotorway.com/route6/alb...december-2015/

I dont know the exact location but it is mainly overpasses, interchanged around Lipjan about km 1 to km 25 in the south direction from Prishtina.

Most of the jobs are finished untill the first blue dot in the south direction of Prishtina, and more work are being done until the second blue dot.

Keep in mind that the works are not being done like on the map but the motorway goes at little more in the east direction of lipjan as shown here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/42.4939/21.1532

Box Culvert C055 Formworks

Concrete placement for deck slab of Overpass O191

Concrete placement for drainage ditches at Km 20+200

Cover

Earthworks activities at KM 21+100

Fill Works beyond Babush Interchange

Formwork installation for Box Culvert C055

High voltage Line Tower Erection

Lipjan Interchange

MichiH, JMBasquiat liked this post
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:38 PM   #1648
Festin
Changeable constant

Some more images from the same source:
http://kosovomotorway.com/route6/alb...december-2015/

Overpass O019 Works in Fog

Overpass O021 Pier Formworks

Overpass O021 Piers and Abutments

Overpass O021 Works in Fog

Overpass O191 Deckslab Formwork and Rebar Installation

Overpass O198 Approach Slab Works

Pipe Culvert P076G at Lipjan Interchange

River regulation activities at Km 19+700

Section 1B Fill Activity

Plisat, JMBasquiat liked this post
Old January 28th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #1649
Festin
Changeable constant

Two maps from the road network in Kosovo.
First one showing the different categories of roads and the other one showing the maintenance. Last update of the road network was june 2015, so the new road connecting Prishtina south with R7 and R6 are not in the map. Neither is the construction of R6 from Prishtina to Hani i Elezit shown in the map.

From the page of the Ministry of Infrastructure: http://mi-ks.net/repository/docs/

http://mi-ks.net/repository/docs/Kos...shor2015A3.pdf

http://mi-ks.net/repository/docs/Har..._2014_2015.pdf

ChrisZwolle, Palance, JMBasquiat liked this post
Old January 28th, 2016, 05:49 PM   #1650
stickedy

Is the renumbering from e.g. M2 to N2 official?
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #1651
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Yes.
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #1652
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Interesting. When I search on google, I can now find other older documents or sites where this numbering can be found. Since when is this? Is there an official announcemt or document bout the renumbering?

Why did Kosovo not introduce a total new road numbering? Nowadays still the old Serbian/Yugoslav numbering is used.
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:14 PM   #1653
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Interesting. When I search on google, I can now find other older documents or sites where this numbering can be found. Since when is this? Is there an official announcemt or document bout the renumbering?

Why did Kosovo not introduce a total new road numbering? Nowadays still the old Serbian/Yugoslav numbering is used.
I do not think there is any official announcement, at least not what I am aware of.

I do not think they need new numbers for now. These old ones make sense for now and people dont tend to actually describe the roads by their names but rather the biggest cities connected by them.
For example old M9 or new N9 are more referred as Prishtina - Peje Highway.

But many regional roads are being upgraded to two lanes express roads so it would not make sense to have old R number used then.
Old March 20th, 2016, 03:33 PM   #1654
Festin
Changeable constant

Some photos from february according to kosovomotorway.com
As soon as the last bridges are done, it will probably dont take long before it can be opened for traffic towards Lipjan and maybe even Ferizaj in time for summer/early spring.

Km 13, (from the R6 and R7 interchange perhaps)

Km 14

Km17

Km19

Km20

Hyrja per Prishtine nga Lipjani

Punime ne ura te ndryshme

8166UY liked this post
Old March 24th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #1655
Festin
Changeable constant

An article from PrishtinaInsight regarding the new motorway R6 from Prishtina to the border with Macedonia at Hani i Elezit. It shows the backside of motorwayprojects for the locals where it passes.

http://prishtinainsight.com/transit-country-mag/

Photo near Marigona Residence, seems as there is only some painting left to do and put up some signs...

Some interesting quotes from the article.

Quote:
Soon, a stretch of Route 6 – Kosovo’s new national motorway from Prishtina to Hani i Elezit, on the border with Macedonia – will be passing through Qamili’s front yard, splitting his property into two pieces of land.
Quote:
Around 80 percent of the land affected by the construction of the new motorway is agricultural, according to the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning.
Quote:
So far, 1,260 properties covering an area of ​​252 hectares – an approximate value of 64,181,544 euros – have been expropriated by the government. The total cost of land acquisition is yet to be determined, but already some landowners are receiving up to 40,000 euros for their properties.
Quote:
transit time between Prishtina and the border with Macedonia, which currently takes about an hour and a half.
Quote:
5% of Kosovo’s trade exchange passes through Hani i Elezit, making it the busiest customs point.
Quote:
travel time from Prishtina to the border with Macedonia will take approximately 20 minutes. To Ferizaj, it will take just 15 minutes, down from an average commute time of 45 minutes.
Quote:
“Our home will be too close to the highway for anyone to live in it. It will be somewhere from seven to eight meters in front of the house,” Shpejtim Azemi said.
Old March 29th, 2016, 03:20 PM   #1656
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBasquiat View Post

Quote:
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is considering a sovereign loan to Kosovo to finance the rehabilitation and upgrading of an approximately 32 km road section to dual two lane carriageway between Kijeve and Zahaq near the city of Peje (the "Project").

The Project is part of Route 6b of the South-East Europe Transport Observatory (SEETO) road network and runs from Pejė to Pristina. It connects via Pristina to Corridor VIII in FYR Macedonia in the south and to Corridor X in Serbia via Route 7 in the north. The Project will facilitate connection to the city of Pejė which is the administrative and economic centre of Kosovo's western region.

EUR 40,000,000.00

A sovereign loan to Kosovo to co-finance the construction works related to the Project.

Total Project Cost
EUR 113,400,000.00

The total Project cost is estimated at approximately EUR 113.4 million.

Categorised A (ESP 2014). The construction of the road N9 Prishtinė - Pejė (SEETO Route 6 B), section from Kijevė - Klina to Zahaq ( 32 Km) has the potential to result in significant adverse environmental and social impacts and requires Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and a formal participatory public consultation process, inclusive a minimum of 120 days public disclosure of the ESIA package.
http://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/pro...ilitation.html
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5027

Festin liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:38 PM   #1657
Festin
Changeable constant

The interesting part is around min 2:20.
They speak albanian but you can also see the terrain where they will build to the motorway over existing national road from Prishtina to Skopje.

As Ulpiana mentioned in another thread, it was first planned to built tunnels but now they seem to preparing to build "bridges" around the mountains/hills.

Ulpiana liked this post
Old March 30th, 2016, 01:17 AM   #1658
stickedy

Thanks for the video. It's hard to imagine building a proper 4x4 motorway there. I've driven from Prishtina to Skopje 1.5 years ago and honestly it's not really a suitable terrain for building a motorway.

Anyway, If they do it that way and can make it happen, I don't mind either
Old March 30th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #1659
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

What about the remaining part of R7 up to border with serbia? when are they going to start on that section?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 01:27 PM   #1660
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by threo2k View Post
What about the remaining part of R7 up to border with serbia? when are they going to start on that section?
There is not official date about that. But they are probably waiting for a loan from EU to finance it and build it at the same time as Serbia build their part towards the border.

But as Bechtel Enka seem to get all the motorway jobs in Kosovo I would guess that there could be more development on this front when the most sections on R6 are done.

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi