daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #1721
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post
ok thanks , i supposed so
Just to clarify,

Republic of Kosovo
Government
Ministry of Infrastructure.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:46 PM   #1722
ntom

New satellite imagery from November 1 on Google Earth shows the extent of works on section C1B of R6. For anyone asking: we don't yet know the opening date, it will probably be November 28.

JMBasquiat, MichiH, helloween 1, Festin liked this post
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 10:32 PM   #1723
JMBasquiat

Likes (Received): 4695

Looking good. This is one of the most congested highways in Kosovo, and it will really help if they open the section from Prishtina to the vicinity of Ferizaj this year. Lots of trucks on this road.
JMBasquiat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #1724
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
New satellite imagery from November 1 on Google Earth shows the extent of works on section C1B of R6. For anyone asking: we don't yet know the opening date, it will probably be November 28.
Is it still expected to be opened today?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #1725
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Is it still expected to be opened today?
Nope, no announcement has been made. We were expecting it to open during November, but the actual timeframe was before the end of the year. I guess we'll have to wait for couple more weeks.
Old December 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #1726
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

So, first of all. There seem that we soon will have good news about the motorway connecting Kosovo and Macedonia, so whoever thought it was fun to remove the [RKS] tag should bring it back and stay the f*** out from editing titles outside the forum section where he is actually allowed to moderate things.

Having said that, I managed to find a youtube clip showing the status of the unopened motorway stretch from Prishtina towards Babush village which were supposed to be opened this year. From the youtube clip it all seems good. In the youtube clip you can also hear the worker talking about the project while having albanian music in the background, so you may want to mute the sound if you are not interested in that.

Clip start in the southern part and goes north.

The clip is from this location:
https://www.google.se/maps/dir/42.47...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

to this one:
https://www.google.se/maps/dir/42.56.../data=!3m1!1e3

JMBasquiat liked this post
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 08:56 PM   #1727
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

When is it going to be opened? It can be fully operational, why don't they open it?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:11 AM   #1728
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
When is it going to be opened? It can be fully operational, why don't they open it?
The worker in the videoclip says it is going to opened within a few days.
So probably in week 2 in 2017 or something like that. Waiting until the 17th February which is also the day of the independence declaration would be too long.

But I think all can agree that the stretch looks pretty finished and the delay could only be due to political reasons. If there are going to be any delays in the actual motorway work, it is not on this stretch but rather in the southern part where you have more mountain and that kind of terrain.

Hopefully it will open within a few days and Prishtina will finally have a full bypass as well, getting rid of the heavy traffic.
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #1729
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
The worker in the videoclip says it is going to opened within a few days.
So probably in week 2 in 2017 or something like that. Waiting until the 17th February which is also the day of the independence declaration would be too long.

But I think all can agree that the stretch looks pretty finished and the delay could only be due to political reasons. If there are going to be any delays in the actual motorway work, it is not on this stretch but rather in the southern part where you have more mountain and that kind of terrain.

Hopefully it will open within a few days and Prishtina will finally have a full bypass as well, getting rid of the heavy traffic.
I totally agree, it's gonna play a crucial role as the city's bypass and opening seems to be the only sane option.......also, have the horks on the "southern" part begun?
Old December 27th, 2016, 03:57 AM   #1730
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
so whoever thought it was fun to remove the [RKS] tag should bring it back and stay the f*** out from editing titles outside the forum section where he is actually allowed to moderate things.
Since months ago it was my proposal to add [RKS] to the title, I would also be interested to know why it got stripped all of a sudden again.

The list of country ovals on Wikipedia is stating that [RKS] is not official, which might be the reason.

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:30 PM   #1731
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
I totally agree, it's gonna play a crucial role as the city's bypass and opening seems to be the only sane option.......also, have the horks on the "southern" part begun?
According to news in the local forum section, there are works on basically all parts of the motorway, but after Ferizaj they are constructing more bridges and overpasses for the motorway due to the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Since months ago it was my proposal to add [RKS] to the title, I would also be interested to know why it got stripped all of a sudden again.

The list of country ovals on Wikipedia is stating that [RKS] is not official, which might be the reason.
It seem to have been removed by a troll moderator not part of the Highway forum team, but I did not want to make a thing out of it before because that would have filled the thread with a bunch of off topic posts.
Old December 27th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #1732
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Works on motorway Prishtina - Hani Elezit (R6), in the last section, South of Kašanik. I took this photo today.

JMBasquiat, Plisat, Festin liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #1733
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpiana View Post
Works on motorway Prishtina - Hani Elezit (R6), in the last section, South of Kašanik. I took this photo today.

There is some kind of progress, as it seems....however, will it be ready on time?
Old December 28th, 2016, 07:20 PM   #1734
InterestingStuff

Likes (Received): 1

News on Prishtine-Peje motorway please.
InterestingStuff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:53 PM   #1735
ntom

Section C1 of R6 to Babush opening on Saturday, 31 December, confirmed by the minister.

Source (in Albanian); Official announcement (in Albanian)

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by ntom; December 30th, 2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #1736
SuCuki

I have a few questions about all the highways in Kosovo (excuse me for my English, I use Google translator):

R7: Do you know when the Prishtina-Nis section will be built? I heard it was to be built in 2017. Do you know exactly when it starts, so whether it starts in the middle of 2017 or rather end 2017? And do you know whether it goes from Prishtina to Podujevo, Prokuplje and Nis, or from Prishtina to Prapashtice, Medvece and Leskovac?

R6: Do you know when the motorway will be completely completed? And when will it begin to build the part in Macedonia to Skopje?

M9: Do you know when the highway / expressway is built to Peja? According to Google Maps it is finished only to Kijeve. And will there be a continuation to Montenegro?

M2: Do you know when the highway / expressway is built to Mitrovica? It is finished just before Vushtrri. And will there be a continuation to Leposaviq and Serbia?

R7.1: There are sources that there should be a motorway between Prishtina and Gjilan or Bujanovac. You know what?

And are other motorways planned?

I know there are many questions, but I just want to know
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #1737
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
R7: Do you know when the Prishtina-Nis section will be built? I heard it was to be built in 2017. Do you know exactly when it starts, so whether it starts in the middle of 2017 or rather end 2017? And do you know whether it goes from Prishtina to Podujevo, Prokuplje and Nis, or from Prishtina to Prapashtice, Medvece and Leskovac?
The feasibility study for Prishtina - Merdare section in Kosovo is finished. The tendering procedures may start in 2017. But I would say that it depends on the EU Commision and EU banks, because the Commision will have to fund up to 25% and the rest will have to come from loans. And also the Berlin Process, because Serbia will have to commit for its part up to Nis. This is what the Ministry had to say about it a couple of days ago:

"R7 motorway, Prishtina - Merdare section (26,8 km): FS and EIA are done. The track is approved.

The terms for the preliminary project have been defined, which should be done in 2017. In 2017 we exprect to sign a loan agreement."

Quote:
R6: Do you know when the motorway will be completely completed? And when will it begin to build the part in Macedonia to Skopje?
The contract is for 42 months, starting July 2014, so it would have been completed by January 2018. However due to financial restrictions it is expected to be delayed until Fall 2018.

The previous macedonian government had its part on the list of priorities but AFAIK there are no plans on the table and we don't know when they will start building their part.

Quote:
M9: Do you know when the highway / expressway is built to Peja? According to Google Maps it is finished only to Kijeve. And will there be a continuation to Montenegro?
Apart from the part up to Kijeve, another section, namely the city of Peja entrance up to Zahaq, is being widened (8.7 km). The rest of the expressway will be built on new track. This is from the ministry:

"N9, Kijeve - Zahaq section (32 km): FS and EIA are done. The track is approved.

The terms for the preliminary project have been defined, which should be done in 2017. In 2017 we exprect to sign a loan agreement."

I don't suppose the road will continue past Peja, at least not in the near future. The montenegrin government has not shown any will to improve the road connections.

Quote:
M2: Do you know when the highway / expressway is built to Mitrovica? It is finished just before Vushtrri. And will there be a continuation to Leposaviq and Serbia?
There is a project for most of the track up near Mitrovica and close to 80 milion EUR are needed for the whole way to Mitrovica. We don't know when the construction will continue. There are no plans to extend it past Mitrovica.

Quote:
R7.1: There are sources that there should be a motorway between Prishtina and Gjilan or Bujanovac. You know what?
It is expected to start in 2017. It will be 47 km long and will start in Banulle (Lipjan) and end at Dheu i Bardhe/Konqul checkpoint.

Quote:
And are other motorways planned?
Not ATM. A continuation of R7.1 to connect it to R7 in Duhel is projected, but there are no plans as of now.

MichiH, SuCuki liked this post

Last edited by ntom; December 30th, 2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:59 AM   #1738
SuCuki

A few questions I still have:
Is the route Balinca-Fushe Kosove elevated to a highway, or is a new section built for it?
Do you have any news about the expansion of the expressway Pristina-Podujeve?
Is there an exact course of the R7.1?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 11:37 AM   #1739
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
Is the route Balinca-Fushe Kosove elevated to a highway, or is a new section built for it?
The route from Gjurgjice to Fushe Kosove was widened and brought to expressway standards. I realize that there are a couple of improvements needed but for the most part it can be considered an expressway.

Quote:
Do you have any news about the expansion of the expressway Pristina-Podujeve?
It will not be to expressway standards actually, if I'm not mistaken it will be 14 m wide in total. A lot of about 4 km has started this year, and it will continue in the next with the rest. Some money have been allocated in 2017's budged, I don't suppose it will be finished soon.

Quote:
Is there an exact course of the R7.1?
Look on previous pages, you can find a map I have made some time ago.

SuCuki liked this post
Old December 31st, 2016, 12:59 PM   #1740
Festin
Changeable constant

Modest opening of the first section on motorway R6 from Prishtina to Babush:
https://www.google.se/maps/dir/42.46.../data=!3m1!1e3

http://time.ikub.al/16-12-31-Hapet-s...eri-Foto-.aspx

JMBasquiat, Seagull liked this post
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags