daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #1761
ntom

This is the path of R6.

SuCuki liked this post
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #1762
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

Is there any information about the construction of the highway Prishtina-Nis?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #1763
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
Is there any information about the construction of the highway Prishtina-Nis?
Nothing new at the moment. The stretch from Prishtina to the border with Serbia will probably not start before the R6 from Prishtina to the border with Macedonia is done, which is delayed around by 8-12 months as it looks now.

Since Serbia has a tougher terrain to build on I think Kosovo will not be in any rush to start on it at the moment.

SuCuki liked this post
Festin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #1764
SuCuki

Is a highway part of this year finished? Or is this year also a new highway built / expanded?
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #1765
SuCuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Nothing new at the moment. The stretch from Prishtina to the border with Serbia will probably not start before the R6 from Prishtina to the border with Macedonia is done, which is delayed around by 8-12 months as it looks now.

Since Serbia has a tougher terrain to build on I think Kosovo will not be in any rush to start on it at the moment.
The Nis-Pristina motorway will cost about 800 million.

Mihajlović: Autoput Niš-Priština koštaće 800 miliona evra
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #1766
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Is a highway part of this year finished? Or is this year also a new highway built / expanded?
Two section of the highway between Prishtina and the border with Macedonia has been opened if that is what you mean.

Quote:
The Nis-Pristina motorway will cost about 800 million.

Mihajlović: Autoput Niš-Priština koštaće 800 miliona evra
That cost is probably only for the serbian side, they can't know the total cost since the project has not started in Kosovo yet.

Seeing how the other motorway projects have been done in Kosovo it will reach over a billion for the total stretch even if EU funds are used. They could also end up in just widening the current road for the short being to the border with Serbia.
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #1767
SuCuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Two section of the highway between Prishtina and the border with Macedonia has been opened if that is what you mean.
No, I asked if a new motorway part would be opened this year (sorry for my English, I use Google translator)
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #1768
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Yes first 2 sections of the R6 motorway (Prishtina- border with FYROM) are open to public.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #1769
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
R6: Prishtina (R7) – Babush 20.4km (October 2014 to 31st December 2016) – projectmap
R6: Babush – Gabrrice 21.6km (October 2014 to Fall 2017) – projectmap
R6: Gabrrice – RKS/MK border (Hani i Elezit) ~18km (October 2014 to October 2018) – projectmap

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

SuCuki liked this post
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #1770
SuCuki

When will tolls be introduced?
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #1771
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
When will tolls be introduced?
I think this will start when R6 is fully complete and the extension of R7 motorway reaches the border with Serbia... it will probably apply to both motorways... They might start tolling both motorways even before the R7 section to the border starts construction.
Old April 16th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #1772
SuCuki

New highway planned between Prizren and Tetovo. Investors from Arab countries want to invest more than 400 million euros in construction. The government of Kosovo is involved in negotiation talks with these investors. Discusses the Minister of Infrastructure of Kosovo Lutfi Zharku in an interview.

Ekskluzive: Autostrada Tetovë-Prizren do ndërtohet me 400 milionë euro të investitorëve arabë (Video)
Old April 17th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #1773
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

That would involve constructing at least 10 km long tunnel with other objects in mountain terrain. Is there enough demand for that?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #1774
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61680

More important is the connection between Prishtina and Skopje. This article seems to me like a big fuzz for nothing. Few years ago there was something similar in the media, but as we can see, nothing has been done so far. I don't believe that there is enough traffic for the economic viability of this project.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #1775
grykaerugoves
In the brig

I don't think Kosovo should build a motorway from Prizren to Tetovë. Prizren will have easy access to FYROM through R7 then R6. They should invest in other sectors.
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:19 AM   #1776
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

I definitively think a new motorway should be built. There is alot of albanians in tetovo, and the current road from prizren to brezovice is very bad standard + driving through R7 and R6 takes to long time..
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #1777
SuCuki

When are the parking lots built on the R7? Does anyone know the exact exits of the R6? And when does the construction of the highway R7.1 (Prishtina-Gjilan) begin?
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:40 PM   #1778
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by threo2k View Post
I definitively think a new motorway should be built. There is alot of albanians in tetovo, and the current road from prizren to brezovice is very bad standard + driving through R7 and R6 takes to long time..
I think the problem here is that Kosovo is a very small country and people are used to travelling short distances between cities, I believe that the distance to travel from Prizren to Shkup will be reasonable considering that you will not need to travel anywhere near Prishtina to get onto the R6.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 01:05 AM   #1779
JMBasquiat

Likes (Received): 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by threo2k View Post
The road from Prizren to Brezovice is in fine standard, and Kosovo doesn't have money to waste on vanity motorways connecting Prizren with Tetova when Prizren isn't connected via motorway with the much larger Peja in the west.
JMBasquiat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #1780
Festin
Changeable constant

[RKS] Kosovo | road infrastructure

New satelite photos on google earth on the R6 motorway connecting Kosovo and Macedonia. Some of the new stretches visible on google earth have also been asphalted. It starts from east of Ferizaj to the border at Kacanik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
2 maj 2017

Njanen ane prej Babushit ne Ferizaj e kane asfaltu:

Gerlice:

Gabrrice/Doganaj:

Kacanik:

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi