daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2017, 10:47 PM   #1781
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

The construction of the Pristina-Gjilan motorway will begin in August 2017

Nė gusht nis ndėrtimi i autostradės Prishtinė - Gjilan - Dheu i Bardhė
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #1782
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
The construction of the Pristina-Gjilan motorway will begin in August 2017

Nė gusht nis ndėrtimi i autostradės Prishtinė - Gjilan - Dheu i Bardhė
What about the other part of R7.1? when it starts?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #1783
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 788

Meanwhile, I would like to share a full video from opened section od R6, from Babush to Pristina. Enjoy

edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2017, 11:15 PM   #1784
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mumin View Post
Meanwhile, I would like to share a full video from opened section od R6, from Babush to Pristina. Enjoy

Thanks for the video. Weird how they have allowed the houses so close to the motorway.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #1785
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post
Thanks for the video. Weird how they have allowed the houses so close to the motorway.
These highways are fitted between houses and villages more recent, so it would be nice to see some noise protection walls
edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #1786
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mumin View Post
These highways are fitted between houses and villages more recent, so it would be nice to see some noise protection walls
One problem is most likely that many (if not all) of these houses are illegal... Built without permission
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:21 AM   #1787
svt11

Likes (Received): 580

Which way I must drive from Sofia to Montenegro? I want to pass Kosovo and then motorway, but go through Nis-Merdare or through Skopje? Thank you.
svt11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:37 PM   #1788
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt11 View Post
Which way I must drive from Sofia to Montenegro? I want to pass Kosovo and then motorway, but go through Nis-Merdare or through Skopje? Thank you.
It won't matter whichever way you take through Kosovo, the road conditions are very good in both directions and it will take you roughly the same time to the border with Albania (if you're going to the coast or the lower part of Montenegro).

As far as road conditions for Macedonia and Serbia are concerned the one through Kriva Palanka in Macedonia should be in better shape overall. I drove it about a year or more ago and it was acceptable. On the other hand the section Prokuplje-Merdare in Serbia AFAIK is in a bad shape. Someone who has taken it recently should be able to tell you however about the currect condition of it.

Bear in mind one thing though: if you decide to take the road through Serbia on the way back you will most probably have problems with the serbian border guards. They will not recognise the Kosovo stamp on your passport and they will consider your point of entry illegal so your best bet is going through Macedonia.
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:48 AM   #1789
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
Bear in mind one thing though: if you decide to take the road through Serbia on the way back you will most probably have problems with the serbian border guards. They will not recognise the Kosovo stamp on your passport and they will consider your point of entry illegal so your best bet is going through Macedonia.
The Serbians are way more relaxed with this since quite some time now. However, you can easily avoid any unpleasent situation by just using your ID card in Serbia instead of the passport... When there are no stamps, they can't blame you
Old July 3rd, 2017, 01:37 AM   #1790
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The Serbians are way more relaxed with this since quite some time now. However, you can easily avoid any unpleasent situation by just using your ID card in Serbia instead of the passport... When there are no stamps, they can't blame you
Serbian border force still do not recognise Kosovo stamps... People very close to me have had recent issues with this. I don't think there has been any change to normalise bileteral relations between the 2 border controls.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:42 AM   #1791
svt11

You mean I cant leave Serbia?
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:53 AM   #1792
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post
Serbian border force still do not recognise Kosovo stamps... People very close to me have had recent issues with this. I don't think there has been any change to normalise bileteral relations between the 2 border controls.
Hmm... That they don't recognize them is sure! But how they deal with it, could be different, maybe, they are more harsh and unwillingly to people outside of the EU. Or it also depends on the officers. You never know...

As I said, use ID card for Serbia if possible (should be okay for all EU members).
Old July 3rd, 2017, 10:01 AM   #1793
stickedy

Quote:
You mean I cant leave Serbia?
This situation is a bit complicated:
Serbia does not recognize Kosovo at all, the "border" between Serbia and Kosovo ist not handled as international state border, so you don't get any entry or exit stamps there. On the other way, the don't recognize the Kosovarian entry and exit stamps as well.

So basically, if you enter Serbia let's say at Horgos from Hungary and leave Kosovo at Merdare to Albania, for Serbia you did not leave the country legally.

On the other hand, when you enter Kosovo at Merdare and then travel further to Serbia, the Serbians handle your entry to Serbia (Kosovo) as illegal because it was not handled by the Serbian authorities.

You can avoid unpleasant situation also if you enter Serbia over an normal border crossing point, travel to Kosovo, leave Kosovo then later enter Kosovo again, then Serbia and leave it any normal Serbian border crossing point. For Serbia you never leave the country then and as long as you are not virtually in Serbia longer then you are allowed to stay (should be 30 days), the should be no problem.

And as I said, maybe Serbian officers are dealing differently with the situation if the person is from an EU member state or if it is from an surrounding country like BiH, Albania, Montenegro or Macedonia. Let alone from Kosovo itself...
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:16 PM   #1794
ntom

I've read stories from US citizens who have had problems entering Serbia after they'd gotten in Kosovo through Prishtina Airport. I guess they don't like them americans as much.

The fact of the matter is that if the serbian border police want, they can, and will, stop you from entering Serbia if you entered in Kosovo from a border point othen than Serbia's.

Long story short: if you enter Kosovo through Macedonia, leave from Macedonia. If you enter from Serbia you can leave whichever direction you want.

If we get back to the topic of the road: take into consideration the Turkish diaspora which floods the Nis - Dimitovgrad highway during their return home for holidays and the Kosovo diaspora which will flood Nis - Merdare. You can monitor the situation on Kosovo border checkpoints in real time here: http://www.mpb-ks.org/qkmk/.

If you take the Macedonian route follow M2 in Kosovo up to Ferizaj where you'll change to M25.3 in the direction of Shtime. Then follow M25.3 up to Duhel and at Duhel take the R7 motorway to the border with Albania and continue on the A1 in Albania. Safe journey!
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 01:38 AM   #1795
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Serbia needs to stop behaving like a spoilt little child and making innocent citizens of the free world as scapegoats for their political agendas on the international arena. Its a pathetic act to disallow people entry based on a war they lost 2 decades ago.
Old July 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #1796
svt11

Actually Im from Sofia, Bulgaria. And I want to pass Kosovo because of the highway. Maybe I will do the same if I was Serbian, but going through the roads of Montenegro is absurd.
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #1797
JMBasquiat

Likes (Received): 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
This situation is a bit complicated:
Serbia does not recognize Kosovo at all, the "border" between Serbia and Kosovo ist not handled as international state border, so you don't get any entry or exit stamps there. On the other way, the don't recognize the Kosovarian entry and exit stamps as well.

So basically, if you enter Serbia let's say at Horgos from Hungary and leave Kosovo at Merdare to Albania, for Serbia you did not leave the country legally.

On the other hand, when you enter Kosovo at Merdare and then travel further to Serbia, the Serbians handle your entry to Serbia (Kosovo) as illegal because it was not handled by the Serbian authorities.

You can avoid unpleasant situation also if you enter Serbia over an normal border crossing point, travel to Kosovo, leave Kosovo then later enter Kosovo again, then Serbia and leave it any normal Serbian border crossing point. For Serbia you never leave the country then and as long as you are not virtually in Serbia longer then you are allowed to stay (should be 30 days), the should be no problem.

And as I said, maybe Serbian officers are dealing differently with the situation if the person is from an EU member state or if it is from an surrounding country like BiH, Albania, Montenegro or Macedonia. Let alone from Kosovo itself...
Stickey,

I know you're trying to explain a complex situation to an outsider, but let's not start doing stuff like "Serbia (Kosovo") in a thread about highways and motorways in Kosovo. It is not appreciated.

Second, Albania is not a surrounding state to Serbia since it doesn't border Serbia. It borders Kosovo. Kosovo border police will check your documents and will grant (or not) entry.

Kosovo's external borders (no need for quotation marks) are Kosovo's, and it doesn't matter at all what Serbia thinks or says about them. That's their internal issue.

If one would like to avoid any possibility of troubles when entering Serbia, they can take a short detour from Prishtina to Skopje (1.5 hours) and then enter Serbia through there.

YLLIRICON, Battlefield liked this post
JMBasquiat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #1798
VanderLoo

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:

At the end of April, I pursued my trip to Prizren for tourism with my family.

The road from Prokuplje to Merdare had roadworks that caused files and broken roads. On the Kosovo side there were roadworks near the city of Podujeva which also concluded to drive several miles on a broken road.

I do not know if the roadworks have been completed. The rest of the roads in Kosovo are in good condition.

Good trip !

Llapi 1 liked this post
VanderLoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM   #1799
Llapi 1

Likes (Received): 2951

Punimet ne Autostraden Prishtine - Shkup : (R6 ongoing works)

ntom, koko_vp liked this post
Llapi 1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 02:06 PM   #1800
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llapi 1 View Post
Punimet ne Autostraden Prishtine - Shkup : (R6 ongoing works)
This is great. Bravo, Kosovo!

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi