daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2017, 10:54 PM   #1821
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolli View Post
Prishtine - Skopje

This is going to be a nice viaduct with a great view. Slowly but surerly we are building the Republic of Kosovo. Its been a long road since the carnage that was caused by the Serbian army back in 1999. We have had to start from the beginning as infrastructure in Kosove was heavily ignored by the Serbian regime.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:06 AM   #1822
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18306

Quote:
It is estimated that until 1990, $ 17 billion was invested in Kosovo for overall development. Most of the funds were allocated through the Federation Fund for the Development of Underdeveloped Areas where the participation of the Republic of Serbia was about 50%. The funds of the Fund were invested on very favorable terms and for a period of 15-18 years with the obligation of return, which was mostly not respected, and the burden was again taken over by the state.

With the termination of the functioning of the Federation Fund, the financing of the development of Kosovo was transferred to the Republic, or its Development Fund. Thus, in 1990, Serbia introduced a special contribution to the development of personal income of employees by a special legal regulation. In the period from 1990 to 1992, Serbia allocated 10 billion dinars for Kosmet. Then Serbia was hit by the economic crisis and there was less development spending. However, the Development Fund, in the period from 1991 to 1998, allocated about 88 million KM to Kosovo, while the Directorate for Roads has another 90 million German marks.
http://komorakim.rs/lt/istorijat.html

---

Quote:
The external public debt of Kosovo as of 30 June this year amounts to 304.5 million euros. However, it is not repaid by the self-proclaimed state of Kosovo, but by Serbia, and it will do so until 2041, when the last obligation towards creditors comes to the payment.
http://www.blic.rs/vesti/politika/sr...o-2041/dd3t7kl
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:22 AM   #1823
devolli
Përdhunues i Regjistruar

Likes (Received): 245

Your sources are websites with an ".rs" at the end? Well...
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:30 AM   #1824
ntom

A great source you have introduced, thank you for the enlightenment.
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:37 AM   #1825
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Your sources are websites with an ".rs" at the end? Well...
Since you are from Presevo, shouldn't be a problem for you to read them
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:46 AM   #1826
devolli
Përdhunues i Regjistruar

Well its not, since we are in 2017 and there are plenty of translate websites.
Otherwise we have you as an translater, and you translated it in English.

But since you are from this world and (at least I believe) have an avarage IQ-Level, it should be a problem that you give us links about Republic of Kosovo from ".rs" websites.

That being said, we shall continue with the next projects.
devolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 01:31 AM   #1827
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
As I know Kosovo is getting no EU funds for roads. Until there are money for their projects we see only new mosques over there.....
Actually a greate amount of km roads have been built since the war. Probably the most of km in the balkan considering the size of the country.

Not counting the R6 between Prishtina and Prizren or Prishtina and Ferizaj. Do you even know how it looked before to compare?
Se below answer aswell;

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
On topic:
Actually the sad truth is that there was not many asphalted roads in Kosovo before the war. Main roads going from Prishtina towards the other capitals in the region were asphalted together with some other roads and it was all single lane roads. The rest of the country had to suffer driving on unpaved roads.

Off topic:
But regarding you economic numbers, the Trepca mine i Kosovo have heavily been used to built up Belgrad and the rest of Serbia. Also been used a loan gurantee for Tito and his crew back in the days.

And since the war, an yearly amount of ~250 millions euroes have been wasted on import from Serbia, so money have been and are being sent up north for investment and not the other way around.

But this is off topic and not suited in this part of the section. You are welcome though to post road pics from your visit in Kosovo if you would like.
Old November 1st, 2017, 01:42 AM   #1828
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I didn't take many pictures from the road, but motorways were really nice. Too bad I missed out on the recently opened stretch towards Pec/Peje.

Bačka/Baçkë by cinxxx, on Flickr

Brod by cinxxx, on Flickr

Bačka/Baçkë by cinxxx, on Flickr

Rugova Canyon by cinxxx, on Flickr

Đakovica / Gjakova by cinxxx, on Flickr

Visoki Dečani by cinxxx, on Flickr

Border Crossing Qafa Morina - Gjakova by cinxxx, on Flickr

Border Crossing Qafa Morina - Gjkova by cinxxx, on Flickr

Banjska Monastery by cinxxx, on Flickr

Banjska Monastery by cinxxx, on Flickr
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:03 AM   #1829
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I didn't take many pictures from the road, but motorways were really nice. Too bad I missed out on the recently opened stretch towards Pec/Peje.
Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see what visitors themselves thought worth and interesting to take a photo of.

The recently opened stretch is visible on google maps where it almost looks like a full motorway profile and will continue on new lands towards Peja.
But it could have been opened much earlier if it wasn't for lack of buying out the landowners on the stretches before they start building the roads :/
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:13 AM   #1830
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Cinxx thanks for your contribution, I can tell you that prior to the war, Kosova had no motorways and pretty much all rural areas ( apart from Serbian populated areas) were all unpaved.... most cities had streets that were unpaved (outside city centers)...

Today we have 2 motorways where we will be linked to 3 neighbouring countries 98% of rural areas are all paved.... we have the expressways going towards Peje, Mitrovice and Podujeve and a new motorway on the cards to Gjilan.
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:17 AM   #1831
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see what visitors themselves thought worth and interesting to take a photo of.

The recently opened stretch is visible on google maps where it almost looks like a full motorway profile and will continue on new lands towards Peja.
But it could have been opened much earlier if it wasn't for lack of buying out the landowners on the stretches before they start building the roads :/
I saw the road it looked great, was all paved, but I had to continue on a 1 lane road further. I would have taken more pictures, but was alone, so it wasn't always easy...
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #1832
helloween 1

Likes (Received): 1855

Quote:
Prishtine - Skopje

That is impressive.
helloween 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #1833
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloween 1 View Post
That is impressive.
People travelling by train from Prishtina to Shkup will get a nice view of the viaduct.

helloween 1 liked this post
Old November 10th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #1834
Festin
Changeable constant

helloween 1 liked this post

Last edited by Festin; November 18th, 2017 at 02:51 PM.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #1835
Bisofsa

Likes (Received): 13

Why you even posting pictures here This forum is the biggest joke ever, when the Global moderator made some enthusiastic servian kids as moderators and they jerk with their "power" (internet power, as you can see), even tho they are not even allowed to visit Kosovo.
Without RKS, you can delete this post.

YLLIRICON liked this post
Bisofsa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #1836
Bisofsa

Likes (Received): 13

Btw, when even things like "republika srpska" has the power to call themselves a country and have an own pod-forum and i bet not even 1 % of this world knows what the hell that madeup wannabe "country" is (I live in Balkan and I didn't even know what that was till now), then what do people expect here?

YLLIRICON liked this post
Bisofsa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:42 PM   #1837
YLLIRICON

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisofsa View Post
Btw, when even things like "republika srpska" has the power to call themselves a country and have an own pod-forum and i bet not even 1 % of this world knows what the hell that madeup wannabe "country" is (I live in Balkan and I didn't even know what that was till now), then what do people expect here?

They are just some lowlifes who have nothing better to do in life than go around and bullshit about their “promised land”
YLLIRICON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 12:07 AM   #1838
Llapi 1

Likes (Received): 3005

R6 - Prishtine - Shkup(Skopje) :

devolli, aldomorning, Urbanisti, nixazmaj liked this post
Llapi 1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 12:19 AM   #1839
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Kosovo as a disputed territory should respect the international names of the cities and countries.
But I said as a disputed since it is only that.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 01:13 AM   #1840
devolli
Përdhunues i Regjistruar

Edit... my bad for giving him attention

Last edited by devolli; December 21st, 2017 at 04:26 AM.
devolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi