daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2017, 11:15 PM   #1841
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61680

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolli View Post
Edit... my bad for giving him attention
But, he is right, this is international forum and the forumers should use the international name of the city. If you write Shkup only Albanians will know what city is mentioned. If you write Skopje, most of them will know (at least those who heard about Skopje). Imagine if we (the Cyrillic countries) write the names of the cities in our alphabet or the way we pronounce them.

No hard fillings, I'm just saying.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:51 AM   #1842
devolli
Pėrdhunues i Regjistruar

Likes (Received): 245

My reply wasnt about that part, it was more about what he wrote after that.
And ofc its it should be the international name, but I'm pretty sure he didnt wrote that on purpose to "provoke" someone just because he called it the way we call it, we are used to call it Shkup, it doesnt change anything, its still the same city of the same country. If someone is really interested that where the highway ends, he could google where Shkup is and it shows Skopje in 2 sec.

Ofc no hard feelings, in generall you are right.
devolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:09 PM   #1843
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Second segment of Prishtina - Hani i Elezit motorway R6 was opened today. 11km long. All the work on the easy part has been completed and now it is only mountainous terrain remaining outside Kacanik towards the Macedonian border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Hapet segmenti i dyte ne Bibaj jasht Ferizajt, 14,5km

http://www.rrokum.tv/ne-fokus/inagur...arben-xhaferi/
Edit. Distance on google maps shows 11km and not 14,5km as mentioned in official page:
http://mi-ks.net/sq/lajme/ftese-nga-...-hani-i-elezit

Llapi 1, MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Festin; December 22nd, 2017 at 06:05 PM.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:18 PM   #1844
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I think the actual opened section (Babush - Ferizaj) is a bit shorter (11 km) than the constructed segment which goes south of Ferizaj until near a place called Gėrica on Google Earth. Google Earth shows that the Babush - Gėrica section (14.5 km) was almost completed in August 2017, but south of Gėrica construction was less advanced at that time. There doesn't seem to be an interchange at Gėrica, the next interchange would be north of Kaēanik.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Festin liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 04:40 PM   #1845
ntom

The opened section from Babush to Bibaj (Ferizaj) is 11.1 km long. The next section to Doganaj/Gabrricė (north of Kaēanik) is 10.5 km long and is all alfalted, except for the interchange, and there are no intermediate interchanges. It is expected to be opened during Spring 2018. The next interchange is the terminus in Hani i Elezit.

Ref. MichiH:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Kosovo R6: Babush – Gabrrice 21.6km (October 2014 to 31st December 2017) – project –
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 06:04 PM   #1846
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think the actual opened section (Babush - Ferizaj) is a bit shorter (11 km) than the constructed segment which goes south of Ferizaj until near a place called Gėrica on Google Earth. Google Earth shows that the Babush - Gėrica section (14.5 km) was almost completed in August 2017, but south of Gėrica construction was less advanced at that time. There doesn't seem to be an interchange at Gėrica, the next interchange would be north of Kaēanik.
Yea, you are right. I just measured the same distance and it is only 11 km like you say.
Not sure how they have come up with that number, but there is generally little fact information about the work, and more pure event info instead...
Old December 22nd, 2017, 06:36 PM   #1847
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The 14.5 km figure probably corresponds to the contracted works, which extend a little ways south of the Ferizaj exit, but cannot open to traffic until the next phase is completed. It's quite common for politicians and press releases to mention the length of the contract instead of the section actually opened to traffic.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 07:11 PM   #1848
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

The current situation is this:

The basic works have been done just south of Kacanik the rest is really tough terrain and is not yet started. I expect the works to be done near 2021.

The red line is operational the yellow should be done in March.

“The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:02 PM   #1849
ntom

Mr. Junk shush now, go away.

Works are being carried out on all but the last 5 km, which are not mountainous. A 2.7 km long viaduct is currently being built in the Kaēanik Gorge. Deadline is 31st of December 2018 for the entire route.

Here's some views from today, enjoy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llapi 1 View Post
Pamje te marra nga videoprezantimi ne hapjen e segmentit te ri,nga videoja qe e ka postuar lart @Festin-i:

Festin, Battlefield liked this post
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:12 PM   #1850
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The 14.5 km figure probably corresponds to the contracted works, which extend a little ways south of the Ferizaj exit, but cannot open to traffic until the next phase is completed. It's quite common for politicians and press releases to mention the length of the contract instead of the section actually opened to traffic.
Not actually, the contract is for the entire route. 14.5 km seems to be up to the hill in Gėrlica. Doesn't make any sense mentioning it but they probably referred it because all works are completed up to there and from there to the next interchange only finishing touches remain to be completed.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:42 PM   #1851
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Will it be opened earlier than December 2018?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 11:11 PM   #1852
ntom

Not likely.
Old December 25th, 2017, 09:32 PM   #1853
devolli
Pėrdhunues i Regjistruar

Likes (Received): 245

26060214_727252410812566_418444738960436976_o by Joralemon A., on Flickr
25626829_727252404145900_8663400569366012428_o by Joralemon A., on Flickr
25734109_727252394145901_743790339194886151_o by Joralemon A., on Flickr
25791065_727252450812562_2034233184219964325_o by Joralemon A., on Flickr
25626322_727252434145897_8769404832903159776_o by Joralemon A., on Flickr

Posted by user: Joralemon
Old December 25th, 2017, 11:50 PM   #1854
vatse

Likes (Received): 729

R 7 from Vėrmica to Prizren north

IMG_5583 by vatse, on Flickr

IMG_5584 by vatse, on Flickr

IMG_5585 by vatse, on Flickr

IMG_5586 by vatse, on Flickr
Old December 26th, 2017, 12:00 AM   #1855
Festin
Changeable constant

Thank you for posting the pictures, guys. Wonderful such.
Quoting e video time laps from the local Kosovo highway thread. Prishtina - Ferizaj:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Str View Post
Time-Lapse R6 Prishtine - Feriza (Bibaj)

Old December 26th, 2017, 02:26 AM   #1856
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Any idea when the compulsory liability insurance purchase upon entering Kosovo for tourist vehicles will end?

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #1857
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Any idea when the compulsory liability insurance purchase upon entering Kosovo for tourist vehicles will end?
Couple of years, for sure. I read lately that the Insurance Bureau was working on an online purchase option. It is supposed to be introduced early next year.
Old December 26th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #1858
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
That will end when Kosovo is joining the green card system. And this can only happen for UN member states... So figure it out
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #1859
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:

As ntom and stickedy already gave good answers I dont really need to post another one, but the insruance purchase may end within two years by an agreement between Kosovo and Serbia. But we will likely have paytolls on highway activated by then so the state can still get in the cash.

Until then, make sure to drive carefully because the insurance is more to protect the local drivers rather than foreign ones.
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #1860
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

When does the construction of the R7.1 begin?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi