daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #621
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
please be moderator and then moderate
If I had been a mod this thread would not have existed. I just wonder what privilege does RS have to be the only political region with its own thread on this whole section
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2015, 08:08 PM   #622
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestvaran View Post
If I had been a mod this thread would not have existed. I just wonder what privilege does RS have to be the only political region with its own thread on this whole section
...I know 1 more...
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 08:15 PM   #623
definitivo

Quote:
Noone needs to teach me about my own country.

And I can read serbian cirylic just fine thank you for your concern
...it was just my answer on your public outcry...liked it you or not, but it is 100% precise answer !!!
Old August 9th, 2015, 08:18 PM   #624
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

I have no idea what you're talking about but anyway this is OT so we should stop here, I just wanted to point out that Brčko is not part of RS
Old August 9th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #625
definitivo

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about but anyway this is OT so we should stop, I just wanted to point out that Brčko is not part of RS

...i did not start ( THIS ) !!!

...if Wiki lies ( or many other legal ( world political ) documents ), than I lie to you/others...
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:11 AM   #626
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitivo View Post
...it was just my answer on your public outcry...liked it you or not, but it is 100% precise answer !!!
It's not quite what you think it is. Brcko belonged to both the RS and FBiH at the same time - but I think it now is no longer the case. It's a bit of a legal fiction really - to all practical extents, Brcko is the 3rd entity - it has its own institutions and both the Federation and RS recognise the borders of the Brcko District. As far as I know, neither entity is attempting to control Brcko, and they have both accepted that Brcko controls itself. I think even the RS recognised that they no longer control Brcko.

From what I remember, the only example of where Brcko being part of FBiH and RS at the same time comes in voting - people in the Brcko District choose to vote in the RS or in the FBiH elections. Otherwise, the law that applies in Brcko is the law made by the Brcko Distict and the central law of Bosnia-Hercegovina. RS/FBiH law doesn't apply there.

Anyway, to bring it back on-topic (although I agree - why does the RS have a separate thread?) - what's the actual condition of the motorway near Banja Luka towards HR? Is it a modern motorway, or an old one?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:41 AM   #627
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1555

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about but anyway this is OT so we should stop here, I just wanted to point out that Brčko is not part of RS
yes do stop and don't start, leave your Balkan BS at home.
Quote:
rčko distrikt/Брчко дистрикт) in northeastern Bosnia and Herzegovina is a neutral, self-governing administrative unit, under the sovereignty of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is formally part of both entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina: the Republika Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
so next time when you want to point something out that is OT and will start flame war get your facts straight. Thank you!
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:47 AM   #628
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Anyway, to bring it back on-topic (although I agree - why does the RS have a separate thread?) - what's the actual condition of the motorway near Banja Luka towards HR? Is it a modern motorway, or an old one?
Modern with a short missing bit between Croatian A3 and a netch south of river/border. I posited a few days back that the EU should cover the cost of that short segment.....fully.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:53 AM   #629
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:

what do you mean by old motorway or modern?
Old August 10th, 2015, 09:25 AM   #630
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Is that Banja Luka airport's control tower in the background?
Old August 10th, 2015, 10:51 AM   #631
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3445

i think he asks about expressway part between Banja Luka and Laktaši what it looks like.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #632
BL2
I bin a Wiena

It is express-road not full motorway standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
Is that Banja Luka airport's control tower in the background?
yes it is.

aleksandar_s liked this post
Old August 10th, 2015, 03:10 PM   #633
Eulanthe

thank you, that's what I wondered!

How old is that expressway? I've found references to it existing from YU times - was it the only expressway in SR Bosnia?
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #634
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Brčko D. is not in RS, it governs itself and basicly forms a third entity

Eulanthe that road was built in the 80s and wasn't the only expressway in BiH at that time because section of M17 from Zenica to Sarajevo via Lašva-Kakanj-Visoko-Jošanica (today Sarajevo North) was marked as an expressway and even today you have blue expressway-signage on a part of that road that wasn't later transformed into A1 (Zenica-Lašva-Bilješevo). Also that road was never in full 2x2 format but simply state road with interchanges on major junctions.

Last edited by nestvaran; August 10th, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #635
Eulanthe

Quote:
I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think in terms of the Brcko Final Settlement, it somehow manages to be in both RS and FBiH without applying the laws of either. But I seem to remember that about 10 years ago, they declared all entity laws to be invalid in Brcko, reinforcing the idea of the Brcko District being a third entity. I found this...

Quote:
a tribunal appointed by the two entities and the International Court of Justice made three awards between 1997 and 1999, culminating in the establishment of the Brčko District as a condominium under the direct sovereignty of the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina, a part of both entities but under the power of neither, neutral and self-governing. It flies no flag other than the national flag.
Maybe there should be a Brcko thread...

Quote:
Eulanthe that road was built in the 80s and wasn't the only expressway in BiH at that time because section of M17 from Zenica to Sarajevo via Lašva-Kakanj-Visoko-Jošanica (today Sarajevo North) was marked as an expressway and even today you have blue expressway-signage on a part of that road that wasn't later transformed into A1 (Zenica-Lašva-Bilješevo). Also that road was never in full 2x2 format but simply state road with interchanges on major junctions.
Thank you! That's so helpful

Was there a plan to build an expressway from Banja Luka to Sarajevo in SR Bosnia times??

definitivo liked this post
Old August 10th, 2015, 05:58 PM   #636
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
Was there a plan to build an expressway from Banja Luka to Sarajevo in SR Bosnia times??
Yes, there was.
Old August 10th, 2015, 06:02 PM   #637
definitivo

Quote:
...first, You start with demagogy...then You ask to S T O P !!!...and I thought that We stopped......but,
Old August 10th, 2015, 07:03 PM   #638
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:
thank you, that's what I wondered!

How old is that expressway? I've found references to it existing from YU times - was it the only expressway in SR Bosnia?
It was opened in 1979 or 1980, it wasn't the only expressway Sarajevo - Zenica was expressway as well, built in early 80s before Sarajevo Olympics (1984).

Here is article from 1979 about road constraction in Yugoslavia, here thex mention expressway Banjaluka - Klasnice.

http://www.yugopapir.com/2015/01/od-...-evo-kako.html
Quote:
Yes, expressway through Lasva valley is actually plan from YU times.
Quote:
don't be lazy and just read my post

Last edited by BL2; August 10th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old August 16th, 2015, 06:05 PM   #639
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7700

New Drina river bridge between Serb Republic & Serbia...

Quote:
Construction of bridge between Bratunac and Ljubovija starts in November
Friday, 08/07/2015|10:27 | Source: eKapija

Preparation works on construction of the bridge at the Drina between Bratunac and Ljubovija will start in October and construction in November. It was agreed at the meeting of representatives of the Ministry of construction and urbanism of Serbia, municipalities Bratunac and Ljubovija and companies which are interested in budilidng the bridge, held in Ljubovija, Glas Srpske writes.

Participants of the meeting visited locations at both coasts of the Drina where bridge construction is planned. The head of Bratunac, Nedeljko Mladjenovic outlined that construction of new bridge is of historical importance, not only for the two municipalities but entire region.

The investment totals EUR 12 m and half of the funds will be provided by the Government of Serbia which will fund the bridge construction while the Republic of Serbia will build access roads and pay land.

aleksandar_s, The Enthusiast liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 03:13 AM   #640
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7700

Banja Luka - Belgrade motorway, roadworks near Prnjavor:

tooljan, SRC_100, BL2 liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, republic of srpska, republika srpska