daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #701
Nikola.P

Likes (Received): 986

It is weird that ~4 days before the opening, we don't know if the road will be a part of a European highway network. Currently there's 5 roads in Bosnia that are a part of it; E65, E73, E661, E761 and E762

Perhaps some new one that would connect E661 with E73 (E73 goes trough Doboj and this new highway ends in Doboj)?

Either way, new highway is always great.
Nikola.P no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:44 PM   #702
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Probably no chance of it happening, but it would be nice if this section could be integrated into a Banja Luka-Doboj-Tuzla-Bijeljina-Belgrade route. It would connect in nicely to the border crossing at Gradiska and provide a nice route for both RS and FBiH traffic to the 'full' border crossing at Gradiska.

I think the Croats should build the bridges and leave the thinking ideas from 1990s behind them. There is a good reason why Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU before them. Once the bridges get built, than We expect the government of Srpska to give it a green light for Doboj-Croatian border motorway.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #703
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Once the bridges get built, than We expect the government of Srpska to give it a green light for Doboj-Croatian border motorway.
I don't think so. Section of Corridor Vc Doboj - Modriča - Odžak will be built when Vc reach city of Doboj and right now, Vc are ~100 km away from Doboj. Also, Republic of Srpska have more important routes to build, like Brčko - Bijeljina - Serbian border route or Banja Luka - Prijedor route. Doboj - Modriča probably will be the last highway section to build in whole Bosnia and Herzegovina! Mark my words.

Last edited by tooljan; September 9th, 2016 at 08:22 PM.
tooljan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:48 PM   #704
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljan View Post
I don't think so. Section of Corridor Vc Doboj - Modriča - Odžak will be built when Vc reach city of Doboj and right now, Vc are ~100 km away from Doboj. Also, Republic of Srpska have more important route to build, like Brčko - Bijeljina - Serbian border route or Banja Luka - Prijedor route. Doboj - Modriča probably will be the last highway section to build in whole Bosnia and Herzegovina! Mark my words.
Ok. You said it loud.
No Doboj - Modriča, no Gradiška bridge with connection to Okučani.
As simple as that.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #705
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Where will 9th January begin from 11th September, west of Bosna river or east of Bosna river with a temporary access to R465? I guess only this motorway segment (~34.5km) will be opened for traffic, won't it?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #706
tooljan

1. West of Bosna river (Johovac 1). Johovac 2 are interchange with E73/ Corridor Vc.
2. Yes
Old September 10th, 2016, 09:35 AM   #707
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
I don't think so. Section of Corridor Vc Doboj - Modriča - Odžak will be built when Vc reach city of Doboj and right now, Vc are ~100 km away from Doboj. Also, Republic of Srpska have more important routes to build, like Brčko - Bijeljina - Serbian border route or Banja Luka - Prijedor route. Doboj - Modriča probably will be the last highway section to build in whole Bosnia and Herzegovina! Mark my words.
Even better. More money for the Serbian motorways when the public gets to use them.
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #708
Nikola.P

Likes (Received): 986

A few days ago, there was a 1 hour long interview on a Prnjavor TV station, with Dušan Topić director of Autoputevi RS (Republic of Srpska Motorways) and he said that after the Banja Luka - Doboj highway is finished, they're planning to start working on the Gradiška bridge, providing Croatia gets the funds from the European Bank.

Then their next step is to start the Vc highway by building the interchange or whatever (petlja) near Doboj that would connect to the existing highway in Federation of Bosnia.

The so called Chinese roads (Banja Luka - Prijedor - Novi Grad / Banja Luka - Mliništa (a village near Mrkonjić City)) are also planned but he didn't say anything specific about the eventual beginning of the construction for those.
Nikola.P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 02:41 PM   #709
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Since they already build the motorway bridge over river Bosna, it would be a waste of money if the won't build at least a some part of Corridor Vc. And also the thing is, for Corridor Vc you wil get some funding
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #710
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7683

So, Prnjavor-Doboj, first section of Banja Luka - Belgrade motorway, opening tomorrow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww87 View Post
Old September 10th, 2016, 07:00 PM   #711
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww87 View Post
What a fantastically silly sign. You'd have thought that, when they made [A ] and [ A] shields, they would go "what are we numbering this road?" The [ A] shields are the best as they make even less sense!

They are good signs, but putting a road number on without a road number is very odd!
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #712
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Let's not concern ourselves with trivialities.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 01:36 AM   #713
tooljan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Since they already build the motorway bridge over river Bosna, it would be a waste of money if the won't build at least a some part of Corridor Vc. And also the thing is, for Corridor Vc you wil get some funding
You're right, generaly speaking. But, here are couple facts:
- maybe, just maybe, on Vc in Republic of Srpska will be build only petlja (?! Don't know the right word. Maybe loop? anyway, place where you can enter onto highway) Rudanka. Rudanka are viilage abot 4 or 5 km away from Doboj (here are little confusion. Johovac and Rudanka are neighbouring villages. Johovac are about 10km from center of Doboj, and Rudanka are 5 km from Doboj centre. But, petlja Rudanka is on Vc, and Johovac is on this new highway. Why two petlja so close each other?). Anyway, this is, right now, just stories; plans are never relieved. For me, this is just a story; no one will build just 4-5 km of highway and there still hasn't any funds for that.
Further south on Vc, there must to be build a tunnel couple of kilometers long, from vicinity of train station in Doboj (practically, center of that town) 'till village Ševarlije, on the border between two entities in BiH. That tunnel will not be built until federal part of Vc come close to it. Simply, there aren't money for that right now.
- On the north, from Doboj to Modriča i Odžak, there hasn't enough transit. Data from 2011 show less than 4000 vehicles on that route. What highway for 4000 vehicles? And, lot of that transit will leave that route because of highway from Doboj to west.

In conclusion, Vc in Republic of Srpska are about 50 km long. In RS, we have much more important highways and expressways to build and about building this 50km of Vc, we will talking in 5 or 10 years from now.
Old September 11th, 2016, 04:29 PM   #714
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Serb Republic President Milorad Dodik and Serbian Premier Aleksandar Vucic today opened Prnjavor-Doboj motorway...

Very nice Sunday for me, now if only Djokovic wins the US Open today

SRC_100 liked this post
Old September 11th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #715
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
You're right, generaly speaking. But, here are couple facts:
- maybe, just maybe, on Vc in Republic of Srpska will be build only petlja (?! Don't know the right word. Maybe loop? anyway, place where you can enter onto highway) Rudanka. Rudanka are viilage abot 4 or 5 km away from Doboj (here are little confusion. Johovac and Rudanka are neighbouring villages. Johovac are about 10km from center of Doboj, and Rudanka are 5 km from Doboj centre. But, petlja Rudanka is on Vc, and Johovac is on this new highway. Why two petlja so close each other?). Anyway, this is, right now, just stories; plans are never relieved. For me, this is just a story; no one will build just 4-5 km of highway and there still hasn't any funds for that.
Further south on Vc, there must to be build a tunnel couple of kilometers long, from vicinity of train station in Doboj (practically, center of that town) 'till village Ševarlije, on the border between two entities in BiH. That tunnel will not be built until federal part of Vc come close to it. Simply, there aren't money for that right now.
The word your are looking for is "exit" or "interchange" (the last one is better in this context).

You are of course right! The bypass of Doboj won't be build before anything happens at FBiH and the part to Rudanke won't also be built since it just make no sense. And there would be yet another Bosna bridge necessary...

But:
Quote:
- On the north, from Doboj to Modriča i Odžak, there hasn't enough transit. Data from 2011 show less than 4000 vehicles on that route. What highway for 4000 vehicles? And, lot of that transit will leave that route because of highway from Doboj to west.
I think you make the wrong conclusion about this:
1. The data is from 2011, so quite old. 5 years are a lot of time. However, we can't be sure.
2. You forgot the bridge/motorway from Svilaj to Croatia and the motorway from Doboj to Banja Luka. Once this bridge and the motorway is finished, it will attract a lot of traffic from Serbia, Hungary and Crotia and these parts of BiH to Banja Luka on M17 between Johovac and Modrica. At least unless the bridge at Gradiska is built. And that could take some time.
3. There are plans for a Motorway all the way from Banja Luka to Bijeljina over Brcko. The part form Johovac to Modrica is a part of that motorway.
4. You will get money from EU to built it.

Quote:

In conclusion, Vc in Republic of Srpska are about 50 km long. In RS, we have much more important highways and expressways to build and about building this 50km of Vc, we will talking in 5 or 10 years from now.
The thing is, that you need money for building it. For corridor Vc you will get money from EU and EBRD, for the other projects it's more complicated. FBiH has the same problem with their motorway to Tuzla or the expressway to Travnik...

But I totally agree with you, nothing will happen in the next 5 years.

darko06 liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 06:57 PM   #716
sotonsi

Rehashing my post from the Romanian thread to be generic, then adding situation-specific details...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
The Roman numeral corridors weren't an EU thing, but a UNECE thing (or at least the UNECE took the lead in administrating the project for the signatories of the agreement). They were 10-15 year priorities in 1994, with additions made in 1997 (pushing the '10-15 years' scope to 2012?). They lapsed out.

The EU worked with the UNECE on it, especially after 2004 when much more of the network was now inside the EU, but it wasn't something that was EU-led.

In 1994, at a different conference (Essen rather than Crete), the EU made TEN-T, which (obviously) focused on the EU countries that were mostly in Western Europe, rather than the Central and Eastern Europe of the Pan-European Corridors. I can't find a map of the pre-2013 corridors, but (presumably) the EU added to them with expansion. The EU then reworked them in 2013 to make these EU's 2015-2030 TEN-T corridors

(NB: this is not the same as the core network, which has a sprinkling of other routes too (grey on this metro style map)
This is the EU's TEN-T road network, with some non-core routes through Republic Srpska (including the E73). There's also TEM from the UNECE, which has the same routes in Republic Srpska.

darko06 liked this post

Last edited by sotonsi; September 11th, 2016 at 07:03 PM.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 09:35 PM   #717
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Video of today's opening ceremony:

SRC_100 liked this post
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:28 PM   #718
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

The first to have the honour of testing out the new motorway stretch was the local Serb Republic chapter of the Russian-based "Night Wolves" motorbike group:

Their promo clip with footage from Serb Republic roads...
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:27 AM   #719
tooljan

Original post: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=6995

GREEN: Motorway
BLUE: Expressway
RED: Under construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
With today's opening of a new section of motorway in Serb Republic, this is what the current status of BUILT & U/C motorway network in Ex-Yugoslavia looks like now...

Map by ww7

SRC_100, Krajinac liked this post
tooljan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 05:01 AM   #720
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

I see what's going on, but do you think the Croats will build the bridge just North of Doboj? I think they may only do it to gain some traffic along E70-Osijek-HU border. They may build it to make that route profitable..... I was reading somewhere that their motorway network does not generate enough revenue to sustain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The word your are looking for is "exit" or "interchange" (the last one is better in this context).

You are of course right! The bypass of Doboj won't be build before anything happens at FBiH and the part to Rudanke won't also be built since it just make no sense. And there would be yet another Bosna bridge necessary...

But:

I think you make the wrong conclusion about this:
1. The data is from 2011, so quite old. 5 years are a lot of time. However, we can't be sure.
2. You forgot the bridge/motorway from Svilaj to Croatia and the motorway from Doboj to Banja Luka. Once this bridge and the motorway is finished, it will attract a lot of traffic from Serbia, Hungary and Crotia and these parts of BiH to Banja Luka on M17 between Johovac and Modrica. At least unless the bridge at Gradiska is built. And that could take some time.
3. There are plans for a Motorway all the way from Banja Luka to Bijeljina over Brcko. The part form Johovac to Modrica is a part of that motorway.
4. You will get money from EU to built it.

The thing is, that you need money for building it. For corridor Vc you will get money from EU and EBRD, for the other projects it's more complicated. FBiH has the same problem with their motorway to Tuzla or the expressway to Travnik...

But I totally agree with you, nothing will happen in the next 5 years.

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, republic of srpska, republika srpska