daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Goxter038
Следить за силами Тьмы

Likes (Received): 77

Roads in Abkhazia

[IMG]http://i37.************/166wuww.jpg[/IMG]

For the automobile tourist, who is torn into Abkhaziya, the first testing becomes the route Of [m]4. One of the principal Russian mains in the terrifying state and is very strongly oppressed by transport. The rare sections of four-strip motion give only the possibility to replace one smoking into the nose truck on another. Well and further you will dully contemplate its dirty stern and smell black solar smoke, until coincide two rare phenomena - intermittent separating line and absence of counter transport. In the Voronyezh province, south of turning in Liski, route becomes finally two-band and entire immense goods traffic Rostov - Moscow is built on it into the continuous column. But this still nothing - south you waits the specific curse of Rostovskaya province - combines. The roaming herds of these immense machines strike with the sublimity of the technical genius: the coordinated constructions with huge many revolving in motion components, equipped of the threatening form with agricultural implements and which blink by the scatterings of fires… They are similar to the advance guard of extraterrestrial intrusion. These intricate devices with cruising speed of 20 km/h are moved and one-and-a-half strips of two existing occupy. Captivating game " pass combine” it can last by hours, reaching the mass of pleasure to the colleagues of the State Inspectorate for Road Traffic Safety, [blyudushchim] the inviolability of the solid lines of marking.

It is amazing, but the speed of movement by the route Of [m]4 completely does not depend on technical specifications of automobile, but it is determined by some nonmaterial concepts like the luck. Courageous “heroes” in the high-speed machines, boldly diving through the continuous, by no means will arrive more rapid than other - too much time takes away contact with traffic control. And you be already assured - the latter their will not miss. Almost crew, equipped with binoculars, sits on each hillock, and it examines separating to three hills forward. One very hasty character on “[Audi]” passed us through the continuous four times - and we passed each time by, until it emotionally associated with the representatives of the State Inspectorate for Road Traffic Safety on the curb. Experience teaches nothing some people…

[IMG]http://i36.************/ab2e8o.jpg[/IMG]

Military- Sukhumi road

After Rostov the road becomes not that in order to substantially better, but, at least, less loaded. The substantial part of the farm horses remains in Rostov itself or departs in Taganrog and further in the Ukraine. Furthermore, practically in entire section to Krasnodar route is three- and four-strip. Coating, true, by no means will shine - the well-packed by trucks tracks and the unexpected deep pits. But, having the capability of outstripping, it is possible to quietly hold cruising speed into 99,9 km/h. The demonstrating of the high-speed possibilities of its automobile is not here recommended - not without reason, where road only rather better, the bright yellow posters stand: “The speed of 90 km/h, video control!” So here, written - to believe! Traffic control of Krasnodar edge is characterized by not only white regular jackets, but also high vigilance and grow prettier by the technical equipment - radar is combined with the digital camera, and to those being doubting they will demonstrate, that on the radar precisely their speed. So that, observing high-speed regime, you will arrive, it is however strange, it is more rapid, it is cheaper and it is calmer.

Soon mountains will appear after Krasnodar at the horizon. First distant and [nenavyazchivye], they will approach, grow, and they will then and chase you upward and downward on the paper streamers. Driving on the paper streamers - pleasure to the amateur. Specific rotation by control from the support to the support, [perebiranie] of transfers upward and downward and the not having the equal on the stage tragedy play “dying KamAZ (Kama Automobile Plant)”, regularly fulfilling by the different authors in different [KamAZakh] practically on each lift. Movement is achieved by the organized columns with the slowest truck in chapter. These “[peyskary]” clearly participate in the competition “smokiest exhaust of the South Caucasus”, and for you kilometer after the kilometer is in prospect to carry out in the clubs of solar fumes. After overcoming by unthinkable jerk in the overtaking section with a length of 50 meters one KamAZ, through [polkilometra] you are abutted against the following. And even having burst open through to the turn of trucks, you do not hurry to drive away - the abundance of turnings the sixth- seventh of category with the disgusting quality of coating will deliver numerous unpleasant emotions even to [byvalomu] [rallistu]. So that with the low average speed on the paper streamers it stands simple to be subdued - to disrupt the rules of outstripping here is extremely unsafe because of the almost zero survey. The amateurs of superfluous risk constantly fall along the road - standing on the curb with the disfigured bodies.

[IMG]http://i35.************/11r6f7q.jpg[/IMG]

Waterfall in the upper reaches r. Of [machara]

Tuapse, Sochi, Adler, [Lazarevskoe] - these names sound with music in the ears of the amateurs of Black Sea leisure, but for the driver, who follows by transit, these are, first of all, powerful plugs. [Uzenkie], overfilled by tourists and their poorly [zaparkovannymi] machines of the by-street of southern cities are not completely intended for this flow of transport. Possibly, the forthcoming Olympiad will somehow change this situation - in any case, bypass around Sochi intensively is built. By the way, everywhere on the coast it is accepted to pass by the passages of pedestrians. It is better this not to disregard - the gone out of mind from the sea, suns and wine tourists go under the wheels, completely without looking along the sides…

After overcoming last Russian plug in Adler, driver falls into the settlement merry, where is located customs terminal on after overcoming last Russian plug in Adler In spite of name, of merriment here and does not smell… This time to the side of Abkhaziya we stood four and one-half of hour, and conversely - six and one-half. The hot southern sun, the absence of shadow, small children in each second machine - picture are more than sad. Of the special features of local mentality - relatives, familiar, the familiar of familiar, the possessors of incomprehensible passages and “special” numbers or simply very insolent drivers pass without the turn after brief consultation with the local traffic cop. A quantity “those, to whom it is possible” approximately equal to a quantity of those, who cost in the turn, so that separate priority turn is formed from them, and rest cost on the spot minutes on forty. They indicate that in order to become “those, to whom it is possible”, sufficient three thousand rubles, but I there candle did not hold, but for itself I will read a little similar methods not admitted for ethical reasons. In any case, expensive foreign-produced brands with the Moscow numbers passed past the turn one after another, and hardly they all went in guests to the President on the special passes. On the whole, a feeling of social injustice above the turn soared completely perceptibly. Let us however, leave this phenomenon on the conscience of local authorities - it is simple, calculating your route, consider the probable loss of the fifth-sixth of hours on the custom-house.

[IMG]http://i37.************/v4t3bp.jpg[/IMG]

Turn to the custom-house

Itself custom-house works completely operationally and benevolently - from the Russian side. (With the Abkhazian sometimes is not checked even passport, lazily waving the hand: “Pass, pass! However,”) Russians require filling of customs declaration, compare the persons with the passports, they will bring in something into the computer and even they request to open baggage carrier. However, strongly they do not cavil and in the things do not rummage. About the absence in the load of weapon they believe for the word. On the Abkhazian side it is necessary the temporary registration of automobile - this is worth obtaining 150 rubles. Cannot be disregarded this, local traffic cops can check the presence of paper. They frightened by the required insurance all of those entering, but no one of such proposed to us nothing, and themselves we to search for adventures did not begin.

Traffic control in Abkhaziya exists and acts. Which is interesting, on the entrance to us they gave the paper, where the registration numbers of all automobiles of Abkhazian traffic control were enumerated, apparently, in order to fight with the impostors. Method is original… As a whole the representatives of this service it is sufficient [nenavyazchivy] and tourists without the weighty occasion they do not stop, but… In this trip they encountered unpleasant exception - in Sukhumi they stopped us and by the most insolent means they attempted to divorce according to the classical diagram: “A smell we do have, yes? Wine -[chacha] of saws, yes?” Being absolutely confident in the absence of smell, solidly it stood on its, and this claim was taken, but one hundred rubles for the died-out stop signal after all were returned - to rescue rights from Sukhumi traffic control was too troublesome. One stop actually did not burn - apparently, it strewed along the local roads.

[IMG]http://i37.************/2qw0itx.jpg[/IMG]

Local traffic control does not starve…

On the assertion of traffic cop, in the territory of Abkhaziya act Soviet [PDD] and rights select for any disturbance, returning after the payment of penalty. However, “calculation on the spot” greatly is greeted and is proposed even is somewhat obtrusively. Alas - the prose of life. To pay or not - decide themselves. Among the special features of local motion I will note the implied, but absent signs of priority on the majority of cross-roads. Local clearly know, “who here the main thing”, and to tourist he stands to be very attentive!

[IMG]http://i36.************/292b8et.jpg[/IMG]

Buffalo road will not yield!

Roads in Abkhaziya for the most part bad - only in [Gagry] region new coating, and somewhere asphalt generally is absent. Practically you will nowhere meet more than two strips, but a small quantity of machines makes it possible to be moved without the problems. Basic entertainment of motorist - “cow's slalom”. Large livestock (cows and buffalos) behaves on the roads very unconstrainedly, resting in [tenechke] directly in the middle strip. To signal and to shout - is useless, even ear they will not bring. So that you do not hurry to drive away - after the turning completely can prove to be the cow, horse, but that and pig… Horses, they speak, absolutely no one's - they are grazed by themselves as mustangs. Closely driven up to them it should not be - completely they can cut into by hoof the board, but it to you is must?

[IMG]http://i33.************/vwr67s.jpg[/IMG]

Local pigs bright and [podzharye], to the shashlik will not be given!

In Abkhaziya two basic routes: Novorossisk - batumi and Military- Sukhumi road. The first goes of Russia through entire coast and is in more- less travelling state, and the second conducts from Sukhumi into the mountains, penetrating The [klukhorskiy] crossing into [Cherkessiyu]. This road goes in the most beautiful places, but it is in very lamentable state, and further s. [Olginskoe] is considered unsafe - mountain Svans, until now, war with all without the selection. With the experimental conductor it is possible in the machine to reach the most beautiful waterfalls to r. Of [machara] - place, completely unknown to mass tourist and accessible only on the strong automobile with a good clearance. (Local they contrive to pass there even on “[Zhigulyakh]”, but this spectacle not for the nervous…).

[IMG]http://i35.************/2r6lj06.jpg[/IMG]

The Turkish tanker Of erdal Of karagr brought gasoline into Abkhaziya

Gasoline in Abkhaziya exists - in the sufficiency. If they did not have time to dilute it by any trash, then it completely [neplokh]. The gasoline, by the way, Turkish - it bring to the oil base in [N]. [Eshere] by tankers. Probably, for this reason there is no the 92nd, only 95- y. It costs 19 rub. 50 kopecks for the liter. Servicing most frequently with the obsolete and strongly worn-out equipment, and that completely by canisters and by banks from the gasoline tank truck… Underfilling - usual phenomenon is counted by way of things.

[IMG]http://i37.************/iw3reo.jpg[/IMG]

Servicing near Sukhumi

Conclusion
Automobile traveller in Abkhaziya wait, of course, some difficulties, but they are incommensurable with convenience in free movement. Mountains, different beaches, waterfalls and tourist places - all this can be travelled over only in the machine, after obtaining in this sea of pleasure. So that, if you with the interest scrutinize map, thinking where to go, you will look to the side of Abkhaziya, you will not be sorry!

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #2
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7664

Great read
Any news of the proposed Sochi-Sukhumi highway that I read about earlier?
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #3
sturman
Имперская морда

Likes (Received): 11846

Forget about it in Abkhasia part at least for 20 years

Well, there are some unfinished parts of high-speed bypass around Gagra and Sukhumi. It's construction started late 80's as a part of a highway Sochi - Batumi - Tbilisi. All new sections were to built by motorway shandarts, but first stage included only 2 lines.

Gagry bypass planned to pass 4 tonnels following one by one: 1950 m - 2450 m - 1200 m - 750 m. Tonnel 2 also includes an underground branch to the city. First tonnel was never built; second remains unfinished. Eastern part is abandoned and western serves as some military facility (probably warehouse).

tonnel 2 as it seen from tonnel 3:

Inside one of the operating tonnels :

Tonnel 4. West portal:

Tonnel 4. East portal:

Tonnels 3 and 4 and part of the highway to the east of tonnels (6,7 km total) formally are in operation, but it remaines half abandoned today.

40m-high viaduct:

Destroyed interchange:

sturman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #4
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5031

It's better to have a thread dedicated per country, not per every region. So this should be part of the Georgia highways thread.
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #5
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

We don't have a Georgia highways thread
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #6
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

i guess now every little region in world can have its own topic here... hm hm...

on the other hand, i enjoyed reading something about that part of the world... i love those pictures of abandoned tunnels and those GE shots... maybe there could be even more pictures from satellite
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Maybe this thread should be renamed to Roads in Georgia with whatever georgian translation
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #8
Kvaka 22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
i enjoyed reading something about that part of the world... i love those pictures of abandoned tunnels and those GE shots...
Me too.

I would like to see some regular photos of Abkhazian roads, though. Anyone visited Abkhazia?
Kvaka 22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #9
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
i guess now every little region in world can have its own topic here... hm hm...
You know, we live in "after Kosovo era..."
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #10
sturman
Имперская морда

Well, I visited. Some photos above are made by me Burislav, you should definetly write the same stuff in Kosovo thread.
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Kvaka 22
BANNED

Have you hot more photos of Abkhazian roads?
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #12
sturman
Имперская морда

not so much at this moment. Perhaps later
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #13
Alex Von Königsberg

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burislav View Post
It's better to have a thread dedicated per country, not per every region. So this should be part of the Georgia highways thread.
Dude, there is no politics here. I bet if I wanted to create a "Western Ukraine roads" thread, you would not mind at all.
Alex Von Königsberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #14
He Named Thor
Just kidding.

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goxter038 View Post
[IMG]http://i37.************/166wuww.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/v4t3bp.jpg[/IMG]

Turn to the custom-house

I love Volgas.

So now I'm deathly afraid of driving in Abkhazia. Thanks for sharing though.
He Named Thor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #15
sturman
Имперская морда

I can't see any Volga at this picture
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #16
Kvaka 22
BANNED

Few Ladas, few Mercedeses, Škoda Octavia, an old Opel, etc. No Volgas, though.
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #17
He Named Thor
Just kidding.

Likes (Received): 50

Oh, my bad. What's that first car nearest the camera, the white one? A Lada?

We don't get the pleasure of seeing any here.

Last edited by He Named Thor; September 29th, 2008 at 07:14 PM.
He Named Thor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #18
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

yeah, Lada 2105
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #19
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Little EE car catalogue:

This is Lada (2105 type):