daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Air33

Likes (Received): 0

Toronto's Malibu Condo

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to share some of my own photos here of a condo project I particularly enjoyed as it went through is development stages. It was alot of fun and provided a wonderful (and rare view) of the unmolested skyline we still have in some parts of the city.

--------

Driving past this place multiple times, we watched it take shape and as summer’s end drew near the height of the building seemed to top out at 36 stories. As the building took shape I decided to make the trek up the steps one fall evening with Sgt.Marshall who was in town for a few weeks. He expressed his disbelief at how accessible the building was. We began the trek up but it wasn’t a lot of fun following Marshall as he was very tall and took two steps at a time. This made me reconsider the intensity of my Stairmaster workouts as I thought I was in ‘ok’ shape. A few more gasps for air and boom, we had arrived.

The view from what is now the utility room level was breathtaking. This building currently has the best view of any building downtown. It won’t last long as another phase is going up behind this one facing north and two more planned on the east and west side. The southerners must have paid premium not to be subjected to a depressing view of others as unfortunate as themselves who got taken by the spell of owning their very own broom closet in the sky.

Read and see the rest here: http://www.ntropy.us/archives/32
Air33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12279

Wow, that is a spectacular view of the city. . you should post this in the Toronto forums, in the High Rise section there is a thread for Malibu. People would love to see your pictures!

Last edited by Taller, Better; September 30th, 2008 at 06:48 AM.
Taller, Better no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:52 PM   #3
smoothcriminalaaron

Likes (Received): 0

Any Like Cartoon Finish Photo???
smoothcriminalaaron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM   #4
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244485

Welcome in the SSC
Amazing photos