daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #461
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Now that 2 +1000m towers are revealed, the rest of +1000m towers in gulf countries must be getting ready to come out publically.

Murjan Tower (1,022m)

Mubarak al-Kabir Tower (1,001m)

serious competitors for Nakheel tower in the future. Who knows they'll start the gulf war again over tallest buildings.
buildmilehightower no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #462
Captain Kimo
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
skyscraperpage has new tower render, burj dubai's top half floors look very thin compared to this one.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?8978577
I can see the flame towers in that diagram, is the project still on? (sorry for being off topic)

Old October 14th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #463
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3633

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
Do you really think, Nakheel will let invest people that need credits for the investment? :-D

There is a project UC by Nakheel, called "the world" they invited celebrities, rich and famous people to buy the islands. It wasn´t like going to a sales center, saying that person X wants to buy the island of france, and then they make a contract and so on.....and i think they will do its simmilar with this tower. And i hate this whole credit crunch discussion here, there are more than enough rich people around the globe that can efford an apartment or office space in this tower. Even singular persons like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs could buy the entire tower!
and obviously we have to admit that the world economic crisis issue is the thing even Dubai cannot ignor.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #464
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Third 1,000m Tower in Middle East ???

Quote:
Hot on its heels, the Burj Mubarak Al Kabir, proposed for the planned 'City of Silk' in Kuwait, could also break the 1000-meter barrier. - CNN Technology Section October 13 2008
Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/10/...per/index.html

See photo 8 of 13 Burj Mubarak Al Kabir, this colossal skyscraper has been proposed for the 'City of Silk' in Kuwait. Work is intended to begin in 2011, with the 1,001 meter-tall building estimated to take 5 years to complete. Civic Arts Eric Kuhne & Associates
- http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/10/...ml#cnnSTCPhoto

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora  
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #465
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kimo View Post
I can see the flame towers in that diagram, is the project still on? (sorry for being off topic)

called 'Dubai Towers' my man.
buildmilehightower no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #466
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
Now that 2 +1000m towers are revealed, the rest of +1000m towers in gulf countries must be getting ready to come out publically.

Murjan Tower (1,022m)

Mubarak al-Kabir Tower (1,001m)

serious competitors for Nakheel tower in the future. Who knows they'll start the gulf war again over tallest buildings.
i wouldnt say there going to be competitors neither for Nakheel tower's or kingdom tower. there going to be under 1,100m's , so there not really competitors
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #467
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1154

Posted by chefdude in the UAE section many many thx to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post
Took some shots of the site area from the rooftop of Lakepoint yesterday, appologies for the grim colorisation of the photos but the windows were very dirty and there is no open rooftop here.

Old October 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #468
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

A slightly edited version of the first picture

[IMG]http://i36.************/whmh6o.jpg[/IMG]
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #469
Caca

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeMeHigher View Post
I understand your point but the big issue that you're missing is just who is going to occupy these apartments? They are being bought by speculators but might they eventually be occupied by goat herds?

When it comes to giving the developer money those very same speculators are relying on credit not cash.

From today's Gulf News:

Emergency funding for banks with a note of caution that there is extra 'off balance' exposure with developers.

I have admiration for the sheer audacity of the Dubai regeneration plan but like everyone else they rely on banking and inward investment from the rest of the globe and with the current world problems we have to wonder how, not if it will grind to a halt.

This is precisely my question from the beginning of those projects. Who will occupy those hundreds of thousands apartments rooms with average 200 K to 1 M dollar each? They must be those foreigners since all Dubains already have their own houses.

Is it not too ambitious to build all at once in a short of time?

Anyway, their own money, not mine. They have all their best experts to calculate everything. But Lehman Brothers also has all the best bankers in the world and we know the rest of the story.

Amen!
Caca no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #470
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Fix them a bit:

And now please Can somebody tell us what is going on each pic becouse it seems there is a lot of different action?
patrykus no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #471
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Fix them a bit:
You sir, need to calibrate your screen!
SirAdrian no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #472
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Maybe its too much yellow but isn't it on desert :P
patrykus no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #473
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

I think you went too heavy on the red :P

But yeah, it sure is closer to reality.
SirAdrian no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #474
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Only the 1st picture shows the site where the tower will be. The 2nd is the Park-And-Ride facility for the nearby Metro Station and the other pictures show auxiliary sites.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #475
Jude12
Architecture Student

Likes (Received): 43

It made it look an old picture.

USTArchitecture
Jude12 no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #476
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

Nice photos for the archives to look back on when this is completed in 10 or 12 years.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #477
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Burj

So Woods Bagot of Australia is architect???

Quote:
Nakheel is in talks with several potential contractors which include South Korean Samsung Engineering & Construction (who are also building the Burj Dubai), Japanese Shimizu Corporation and Australian Grocon. The proposed tower would be 1,400 m (4,593 ft) tall[4], making it the world's tallest structure if built.

There appears to be a new architect on the project, with Woods Bagot replacing Pei Partnership[1].

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora  
Old October 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #478
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Many thx for the shots . dunno why you're so pessimistic about the construction malec
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #479
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Engineers appointed for world's tallest tower

on Wednesday, 15 October 2008

TALLEST TOWER: WSP Group has been appointed structural engineers for Nakheel's ambitious project.Consultancy firm WSP Group has been appointed structural engineer for Nakheel’s project to build the world’s tallest tower in Dubai, the company announced on Wednesday.
UK-based WSP said it was already working on plans for the more than one-kilometre high structure, which Nakheel unveiled last week as part of the multi-billion dollar Nakheel Harbour and Tower development.

WSP revealed it was also playing a major role in Meraas Development’s $95 billion Jumeira Gardens scheme, Dubai’s first master planned urban regeneration development, also launched last week.

The company said it was an integral part of the Meraas’s program management team supporting the development of the master plan and infrastructure works for the scheme, to be delivered over many years.

Chris Cole, WSP Group chief executive officer, said he expected the firm’s business operations in the Middle East to grow significantly in the next few years.
"Success in winning projects of the calibre of the Nakheel Tower and Jumeira Gardens is a strong endorsement of our strategy to increase our global business and provide our employees with the opportunity to work on major landmark projects around the world.

"We expect to announce our appointment to further high-profile schemes across the Middle East in the very near future,” he said.

Work on-site is already underway for a third high-profile Dubai project, the Dubai World Trade Center District, for which WSP is acting as design consultant.

It is providing structural, mechanical and electrical engineering input, in addition to environmental, infrastructure and transportation guidance for the $1.36 billion first phase of the project.

It follows WSP’s recent appointment to provide a similar range of services on the Dubai Exhibition City development at the Dubai World Central development in Jebel Ali.

In addition, WSP was appointed earlier this year to develop the Green Building Code for Dubai, supporting Dubai’s commitment to introduce strong environmental performance to the design and development of its urban space.

WSP is already working on projects across the region covering Abu Dhabi, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait.

It has increased staff numbers in the Middle East to around 1,000 after experiencing significant growth.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53438...st-tower?ln=en
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #480
DennisS
Just a student

Likes (Received): 70

Incredible, good news! They're working on the tower...
DennisS no está en línea  

Closed Thread