daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1561
no_gods

Likes (Received): 68

no_gods no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1562
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_gods View Post
roro987 no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #1563
Colkadome
Rubik Boy!

Likes (Received): 4

haha no_gods... My thoughts exactly
Colkadome no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1564
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
i bet there are tens of dubai campanies that could do it better
They didn't work for free, they were paid many billions for it. A dodgy job is a dodgy job ... you screw up, you pay!

If the calculations are true, and above all, that was not supposed to happen, then the contractors and the project managment firm are to blame, not Nakheel.

BTW: there are cities of millions around the World that are sinking even faster, and many more other multi-millions coastal cities in greater danger from sea level rises then the Palm is ... geee, even mainland Dubai is more in danger due to being to a lower sea-level altitude then the Palm itself.

As they say: Ignorance is bliss ....
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #1565
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Oh I see... silly me, i thought you just complaining at foreign companies just to take attention away from the nakheel bankruptcy
patrykus no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #1566
AvanGard
HMS

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Oh I see... silly me, i thought you just complaining at foreign companies just to take attention away from the nakheel bankruptcy
I don't recall Nakheel being bankrupt. Care to share from where do you have your insiders info, or you are just talking for the sake of talking.
AvanGard no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #1567
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

They have billions in obligations, and billions in looses for the 3rd quarter. They seams like GM circa 2007 - 2008
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #1568
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvanGard View Post
I don't recall Nakheel being bankrupt. Care to share from where do you have your insiders info, or you are just talking for the sake of talking.
That doesn't actually matters for me. What my point is that it relly annoys me when people complein about something foreign (well that can be anything actually) and "forget" that their home companies done much worse. That is called i thing hipocrysy. And that isnt only problem of Dubaians. Americans also have to deal with this. Well even if nakheel isnt allready banktruptcy i can ensure you that Altin wouldn't complain if these were dubaians companies. And whay he doesnt complein about efectivnes of nakheel investments that leads them to stop almost everything (are they actually working on enything?).

Not to mention that would be extremly stupid to make tests for these dutch and belgium companies if they wolud know that they "make a dodgy job"? Dont you thing?

And last thing. I bet that afterall nakheel isnt so stupid to not sue soil companies if they know they have an argument. And im quite sure they wont becouse thats sinking thing have propably no relation with cuality of job.I thing I have nothing more to add here.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #1569
AvanGard
HMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
They have billions in obligations, and billions in looses for the 3rd quarter. They seams like GM circa 2007 - 2008
And they have even more billions in assets. If being in debt meant bankruptcy, then half the world will have to file for *chapter 11.

In *American terms, Nakheel is too big to fail, and one thing the UAE is not short of is cash. Dubai continues to be the most attractive destination in the region for both investors and tourists.

There was a video somewhere of the construction of the Palm Islands, and engineers there said they expected the Islands to sink. And that the process can be managed. There was also a video showing the construction techniques used. Compacting the sand, inserting pillars to stabilize the ground. I believe they made their calculations long before they started building them. They are not going to build a billion-dollar real estate on quick sand.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #1570
iSORROW
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
And they have even more billions in assets. If being in debt meant bankruptcy, then half the world will have to file for *chapter 11.

In *American terms, Nakheel is too big to fail, and one thing the UAE is not short of is cash. Dubai continues to be the most attractive destination in the region for both investors and tourists.

There was a video somewhere of the construction of the Palm Islands, and engineers there said they expected the Islands to sink. And that the process can be managed. There was also a video showing the construction techniques used. Compacting the sand, inserting pillars to stabilize the ground. I believe they made their calculations long before they started building them. They are not going to build a billion-dollar real estate on quick sand.
i am srry to say, but have u been sleeping under a rock? kuwaiti investors that own 15% of dubai are threatened by bankrupcy and since i live nearby and know that our business men are strugling out there...they would be idiots if they have carried on with this project. there is a large surplus of offices available for rental and thier prices have gone down by 2/3! it would be suicide to build a hotel mall or a tower in dubai at least for the next 5 years!!!
not to mention the competetion held by nearby gulf countries that would further distabilize thier rental conditions
iSORROW no está en línea  
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1571
AvanGard
HMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSORROW View Post
i am srry to say, but have u been sleeping under a rock? kuwaiti investors that own 15% of dubai are threatened by bankrupcy and since i live nearby and know that our business men are strugling out there...they would be idiots if they have carried on with this project. there is a large surplus of offices available for rental and thier prices have gone down by 2/3! it would be suicide to build a hotel mall or a tower in dubai at least for the next 5 years!!!
not to mention the competetion held by nearby gulf countries that would further distabilize thier rental conditions
Well, I don't remember saying that they "must" build Nakheel Tower. For one I think they should abandon all major projects and prioritize the one that are most viable at the moment.
And if you live close by, then you should know that most of the construction in Dubai is still going. I can tell you that by just looking at the daily updates made on this forum. So I guess all investors there are suicidal then.
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #1572
patrykus

Quote:
So you see yourself babbling about and who nakheel should sued and "the dodgy job" is complitely pointless.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #1573
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

Lawl...

Imperfect Ending no está en línea  
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #1574
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
WiGgLz01 no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #1575
Pan2pam

Likes (Received): 0

Pan2pam no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #1576
Betelgeuze

Likes (Received): 16

The king is dead, long live the king!
Betelgeuze no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #1577
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

so sad!!
roro987 no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #1578
The_Bazz_92

Likes (Received): 3

But now that this tower is cancelled, what will be its metro station for?
I mean, will it have to change name or will it remain the same?
The_Bazz_92 no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #1579
Hollie Maea

Is there any source apart from that dutch article that says the palms are sinking?
Hollie Maea no está en línea  
Old December 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #1580
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Is there any source apart from that dutch article that says the palms are sinking?
http://www.djc.com/blogs/SeattleScape/index.php
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea  

Closed Thread