daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1581
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

If they're not destroying marine life, or destroying Dubai's coastline they're blah blah blah. Couldn't the Palms be simply settling?? After all, they are artificial and will most likely be settling for years to come. For example, look at Kansai Airport in Osaka Bay, Japan. That's been sinking - I mean settling from day one! (they've been literally jacking it up ever since). And what did they do next? They built phase 2 island in deeper water. Now that's sinking - I mean settling, too! lol

Realistically guys, NHT is not going to happen now - or anytime soon! I'd love to see this get built, but when you look at scale of the problems Nakheel/Dubai have to deal with these days then it's pretty obvious that this tower will remain in limbo for years yet. Maybe forever?? Hopefully in about five years time when the dust has cleared (we hope) they could quite possibly take NHT off the shelf and then who knows?? Things change..

Last edited by Parisian Girl; December 16th, 2009 at 03:04 AM.
Parisian Girl no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #1582
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

They should just keep it on hold until conditions get better! It is terrible that this one is cancelled!!
WiGgLz01 no está en línea  
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #1583
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Indeed, it's very frustrating, especially for skyscraper enthusiasts, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that this project has been canned. Nakheel haven't any other choice the way things are going.

Now we must just sit and wait..........
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #1584
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Yeah...not much fun now. I can only hope the project gets revived someday!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea  
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #1585
Assurbanipal

Likes (Received): 124

It was a great project. Sincerely hope that will be build in better times.
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #1586
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

as sad as it is that nht got cancelled it very understandable because this project was ridiculous in size for the state of things. it will be great if the economy picks up again and this tower gets constructed. it would be a shame to see such a great project canned. perhaps as the economy picks up again they could build it in bits starting with the plaza around the base of the tower so the site and metro station aren't a complete waste. maybe they could downsize this project a little? i mean dubai already has the worlds tallest man made structure why do they need to beat it already?
ausie no está en línea  
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1587
kisshunter66

Likes (Received): 0

po no ze zi e menester
kisshunter66 no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM   #1588
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Officially it was never cancelled at least not in Dubai and not from the Nakheel , I saw just that rubbish from a Belgian newspaper or similar.

I checked the status , still in the Nakheel system , website is still working, http://www.nakheelharbour.com/ .

So the status is just ON HOLD now (same as the Trump Tower at the Palm Jumeirah) .

I get all press info from the Nakheel and never seen anything about the cancellation thats why the title is not correct , I think.
Imre no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM   #1589
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Officially it was never cancelled at least not in Dubai and not from the Nakheel , I saw just that rubbish from a Belgian newspaper or similar.

I checked the status , still in the Nakheel system , website is still working, http://www.nakheelharbour.com/ .

So the status is just ON HOLD now (same as the Trump Tower at the Palm Jumeirah) .

I get all press info from the Nakheel and never seen anything about the cancellation thats why the title is not correct , I think.
Donald trump was on TV a few weeks ago and seemed genuinely unhappy and disappointed about the fate of his deal for a tower in Dubai. But true to form, wherever he doesn't have a property, he criticizes; and he was very critical of Dubai's building boom. Sour grapes from The Donald.
desertpunk no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM   #1590
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

At the Cityscape exhibition in Dubai his son said that they are happy with Nakheels service and that they are happy about the delay due to a oversupply of hotels in Dubai.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM   #1591
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post

At the Cityscape exhibition in Dubai his son said that they are happy with Nakheels service and that they are happy about the delay due to a oversupply of hotels in Dubai.
True ,it seems they say different things in Dubai and in America
Imre no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:29 AM   #1592
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Yes that is correct it was not Canceled ...but it seems like some investors are pulling back the reasons are many ..Probably this year will have a clearer view over the whole economy and where and how it goes
giovani kun no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1593
rosonator

Likes (Received): 88

day by day there's many towers and proyects holded on, we may wait patiently, there's no other.
rosonator no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #1594
Imre
Dubai

08/January/2010

Nakheel Harbour and Tower site

[IMG]http://i46.************/1gonr7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.************/1264epv.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.************/a24zm8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/wr14c9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.************/2cpdx81.jpg[/IMG]
Imre no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #1595
Destroyed007
This space is for sale

Likes (Received): 3

Am I seeing a left-behind construction vehicle or it's it just something else at the 1st pic behind that bin?
Destroyed007 no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1596
AvanGard
HMS

Likes (Received): 25

If all was fine with the project, we would have been looking at the first core prep work around this time.

I still believe they have not completely abandoned the idea of building this tower or the entire complex for that matter.
It will take time before we see another mammoth project in Dubai.
AvanGard no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #1597
kitayabi

Likes (Received): 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post

ya I don't think its been cancelled either, but I imagine its going to be on hold for at least another 5 to 6 years
kitayabi no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #1598
kitayabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Donald trump was on TV a few weeks ago and seemed genuinely unhappy and disappointed about the fate of his deal for a tower in Dubai. But true to form, wherever he doesn't have a property, he criticizes; and he was very critical of Dubai's building boom. Sour grapes from The Donald.
I remember him criticising the Chicago spire saying its would be a target for terrorists yet he apparently doesn't seem to think the trump hotel would be a target for terrorists what a hypocrite.
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1599
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

I hope not that long, but I agree...if it were canceled altogether we'd have seen it in print.
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #1600
kitayabi

Dubai is an international city, the loss in confidence in the Dubai Economy has more to do with the failure of the international system then a failure in Dubai.
When the Word Economy recovers to 2007 levels so will Dubai.

Closed Thread