daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 16th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #301
Rombi

Likes (Received): 304

Does anyone know what is going on with CFR website?
I want check out some conncetion since I'm going by the end of next week to northern Romania but since yesterday after following next ->
https://bilete.cfrcalatori.ro/vanzar...avans=0&lng=en

appears: Ne cerem scuze, sistemul este prea incarcat! va rugam reincercati !

You know maybe some other sites I can easily check connections and prices?
Bo właśnie w podrķży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podrķż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2015, 12:40 AM   #302
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombi View Post
http://www.infofer.ro/en/
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:40 PM   #303
mikee777

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombi View Post
Does anyone know what is going on with CFR website?
I want check out some conncetion since I'm going by the end of next week to northern Romania but since yesterday after following next ->
https://bilete.cfrcalatori.ro/vanzar...avans=0&lng=en

appears: Ne cerem scuze, sistemul este prea incarcat! va rugam reincercati !

It says that the system is overloaded, please try again later !!
mikee777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:20 PM   #304
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12034

Romanian made Softronic frame:

https://www.facebook.com/www.softrans.ro?fref=ts
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:25 AM   #305
Stainless

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Is this a book exchange? If so that is brilliant.

suasion, 04KUBZ, AlexisMD, dimlys1994 liked this post
Stainless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #306
bogdymol
bogdymod

Some fresh pictures with Arad Railway Station:

Reconstruction works are almost done:

View towards Oradea/Curtici/Nadlac:

So many lines for the freight traffic.

View towards Deva/Timisoara:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #307
bogdymol
bogdymod

And a short video with Arad Railway station:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

dimlys1994 liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:26 AM   #308
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Is that yard by Arad station used by freight?
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 11:31 AM   #309
TedStriker
Over Macho Grande

Likes (Received): 385

Yep.
TedStriker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #310
Theijs

Article in Romanian language about the new and unused bridge over Curtici railway yard. http://www.aradon.ro/un-pasaj-de-rasul-lumii/1579422
Old October 17th, 2015, 09:41 PM   #311
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

Two EA-060 diesel locomotives maneuvering in the railway station of Targu Mures on August 23-rd 2015.
These locomotives have in my opinion the most awesome sound ever...

dimlys1994, noikia2010 liked this post
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 08:09 PM   #312
mikee777

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeculea View Post
Two EA-060 diesel locomotives maneuvering in the railway station of Targu Mures on August 23-rd 2015.
These locomotives have in my opinion the most awesome sound ever...

Do they stil use 'em everyday or they're slowly taking them out of service?
mikee777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:28 PM   #313
stefan2000

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee777 View Post
Do they stil use 'em everyday or they're slowly taking them out of service?
Still in use. And they will still be in use for some time.
Old October 28th, 2015, 07:18 PM   #314
Canyailla
Just... in time

Likes (Received): 329

What happened with this works in Curtici station?
They seem stopped.
Canyailla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:33 AM   #315
Theijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyailla View Post
What happened with this works in Curtici station? They seem stopped.
As far as I'm informed, there is a serious problem with the signalisation and security wires. That's why 7,5% of the work on the section Km 614 - Curtici border is not finalized yet, and I think no progress was made in the last 6 months. In practice this means that track 1 till 10 are not being used and only one track between Curtici and Arad is available.

Dusko_BG, EduardSA liked this post
Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:23 AM   #316
Richard_P

Likes (Received): 2582

Where is no cab view the rear view will do just fine. User DPS Romania published just month ago film from Bucuresti - Pitesti - Potcoava. Video a bit long (definitely splitting for two in Pitesti would help) but interesting as showing line other than 800 and 300 Bucuresti – Predeal. Additionally You Tube has now fast forward button so least interesting parts may be speeded up. Enjoy.

dimlys1994, IanCleverly, CornelM liked this post
Richard_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 04:24 PM   #317
Richard_P

I was browsing through Romanian timetables and have some questions to someone more familiar with that. I've used CFR Calatori train schedule for station and started at Bucuresti Nord and from outset there are questions:
1. Does that timetable also includes departures from Basarab?
2. I can't find any international train, are they missing or are only listed in Romania part as I assume is the case with IR72 to Curtuci?
3. What is about with this IR12771 and R012771 with the same timetable? Is it additional unit to Airport or only to Airport regional fare applies and for rest of the route IR?
4. What about private operators. Softrans operates 2 pairs of through trains while RegioTrans lists only 3 round trips Bucuresti - Brasov. Are there other private operators offering services to Bucuresti which aren't on CFR schedules?

Edit:
As for point 2 they are included. I've found through international timetables that IR72 and IR73 are IC Bucuresti - Budapest, IR473 and return IR473 are EN Bucuresti - Budapest, IR347 and IR346 are also EN connecting Bucuresti with Wien, IR10602 and IR10601 connect Bucuresti with Cisinau, I haven't spotted any train to Ukraine while Bucuresti - Sofia is secured by pitiful one IR460 and IR461.

Edit2:
As for point 4 ther are also 6 pairs of TFC trains 5 to Ploiesti (3 extended to Buzau) and one to Galati.

Last edited by Richard_P; December 6th, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old December 8th, 2015, 01:49 AM   #318
mureseanu976

Likes (Received): 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_P View Post
I was browsing through Romanian timetables and have some questions to someone more familiar with that. I've used CFR Calatori train schedule for station and started at Bucuresti Nord and from outset there are questions:
1. Does that timetable also includes departures from Basarab?
2. I can't find any international train, are they missing or are only listed in Romania part as I assume is the case with IR72 to Curtuci?
3. What is about with this IR12771 and R012771 with the same timetable? Is it additional unit to Airport or only to Airport regional fare applies and for rest of the route IR?
4. What about private operators. Softrans operates 2 pairs of through trains while RegioTrans lists only 3 round trips Bucuresti - Brasov. Are there other private operators offering services to Bucuresti which aren't on CFR schedules?

Edit:
As for point 2 they are included. I've found through international timetables that IR72 and IR73 are IC Bucuresti - Budapest, IR473 and return IR473 are EN Bucuresti - Budapest, IR347 and IR346 are also EN connecting Bucuresti with Wien, IR10602 and IR10601 connect Bucuresti with Cisinau, I haven't spotted any train to Ukraine while Bucuresti - Sofia is secured by pitiful one IR460 and IR461.

Edit2:
As for point 4 ther are also 6 pairs of TFC trains 5 to Ploiesti (3 extended to Buzau) and one to Galati.
1) Yes, Bucuresti Basarab is a starting / ending point for commuter / local trains, therefore you will find its own timetable, different from the one of Bucuresti Nord. Bucuresti Basarab and Bucuresti Nord are rather near one from each other, maybe 10 minutes of walking at a gentle pace.

2) International trains are shown only their internal route (Bucuresti - Curtici as in matter trains continue to Lokoshaza - Szolnok - Budapest Keleti). I find this as a handicap, because on MAV START's site (for instance) you may find the entire journey of an international train (look for EC 170 / 171 HUNGARIA as it shows stops through Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany).

Regarding the Bucuresti - Kiev connection, there will be one pair of "false international trains" starting from Bucuresti Nord but ending at Vicsani. The entire Bucuresti - Vicsani journey costs around 130 LEI (it is ~50 lei cheaper to buy Bucuresti Nord - Suceava and Suceava - Vicsani tickets), but I do not know any details about a linking UZ train from Vicsani further on. I do not have any news about direct sleeping cars from Kiev to Bucuresti Nord. So I personally find this train rather useless with no connection from Vicsani onwards.

There were 2 pairs of international trains from Bucharest to Sofia and vice-versa. The overnight one (382 / 383) perished as RZD withdrew its Moscow - Sofia service and CFR Calatori found it unreliable to send 2 passengers cars as direct overnight Bucuresti Nord - Sofia train, even though more than 50% of its passengers where entirely foreigners. The daylight pair of trains is even more crowded but offer appaling levels of confort (BDZ sends former DB Regio Halberstadt wagen, though their seats are quite comfy) and CFR Calatori sends a crowded DWA (1992) passenger car series 21-80 Bmee (rather 8 seats / compartiment accomodation). Maybe they should have tried implementing a second pair of daylight trains earlier by 4 hours from Bucuresti to Sofia and later by 4 hours from Sofia to Bucuresti. It would have attracted more passengers.

You may also consider the Beograd - Bucuresti Nord service which the Serbs intended to reintroduce starting the last (2014-2015) timetable. Zeleznice Srbije (Red Voznje) and CFR Calatori did not reach any agreement not even today, rumors include Serbian border patrols vandalising Romanian passenger cars in search of smuggled tobacco / alcohol products and the fact that ZS uses steam heating system on the diesel line from Vrsac to Pancevo. Another unofficial rumor would be that ZS wanted CFR Calatori to operate all costs for the train even in Serbia, and no mentions about offering CFR Calatori advantages in exchange for paying all the operating costs. So here you are another failed international train that might not honk the horn too soon for either Beograd or Bucuresti.

3) Yes, R012771 is a number allocated by CFR Calatori in order to print cheap "regional fare" tickets from Bucuresti to Balotesti (where you have to change with a van provided for the airport transfer, last time i knew the ticket was 6 LEI and included both train + van fare). Passengers who buy tickets for destinations that follow after Balotesti will pay the normal InterRegio price. Unless they demand CNCF CFR (infrastructure division) and Ministry of Transportation to build a dedicated airport line (much cheaper than a metro line where you have to dig a lot underneath), things do not change so fast. Maybe they could send a proposal to European Commision to finance (at least a part of) the construction. The Czechs did it that way with the Airport railway in Ostrava, providing hourly trains operated by Ceske Drahy with SKODA City Elephant rakes.

I hope that I covered most of your whereabouts. I invite my Romanian mates to correct some statements or add further information provided they know better. I do not live in Bucuresti, but I tend to learn more to help myself in need of informations whenever I travel, even though I scout for them in advance.

Richard_P liked this post

Last edited by mureseanu976; December 8th, 2015 at 02:02 AM.
mureseanu976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #319
Theijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mureseanu976 View Post
Regarding the Bucuresti - Kiev connection, there will be one pair of "false international trains" starting from Bucuresti Nord but ending at Vicsani. The entire Bucuresti - Vicsani journey costs around 130 LEI (it is ~50 lei cheaper to buy Bucuresti Nord - Suceava and Suceava - Vicsani tickets), but I do not know any details about a linking UZ train from Vicsani further on. I do not have any news about direct sleeping cars from Kiev to Bucuresti Nord. So I personally find this train rather useless with no connection from Vicsani onwards.
The train has its terminus in Vadul Siret, the Ukrainian border station, not in Vicsani. According to the current timetable, this are the connections. UZ is planning to retime its connecting trains to Cernivtsi/Cernovtsi/Cernauti.

Ukraīne > Romania:
08:50 Cernauti - 10:31 Vadul Siret
[change]
13:40 Vadul-Siret 22:48 Bucuresti
This is how the D59 Moscow - Kiev - Bucharest - Sofia ran. In case there are no direct cars, a retiming to Vadul Siret would be favorable.

Other options include:
16:35 Vadul-Siret 18:39 Suceava
18:00 Cernauti 19:44 Vadul Siret
20:47 Cernauti 22:29 Vadul Siret

Romania > Ukraīne:
06:06 Vadul Siret 07:34 Cernauti
10:55 Suceava 12:55 Vadul Siret or

06:16 Bucuresti 15:40 Vadul Siret
18:08 Vadul Siret 19:30 Cernauti
This is how the D60 Sofia - Bucharest - Kiev - Moscow ran. In case there are no direct cars, a retiming to Cernivtsi would be favorable.

For actual information, check http://railway.lviv.ua/schedule/suburban/ Candidates for kurswagen might be № 249/250 Kiev - Chernivtsi; № 607/608 Lviv - Chernivtsi See for more information: http://railway.lviv.ua/info/press-ce...december/1164/

Last edited by Theijs; December 9th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old December 8th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #320
Richard_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mureseanu976 View Post
1) Yes, Bucuresti Basarab is a starting / ending point for commuter / local trains, therefore you will find its own timetable, different from the one of Bucuresti Nord. Bucuresti Basarab and Bucuresti Nord are rather near one from each other, maybe 10 minutes of walking at a gentle pace.
I still have some doubts about that. I've used this official CFR Calatori station timetable searcher and it does only have Bucuresti Nord and Airport stations. Does that mean that this timetable doesn't show regional trains? If so where can I find timetable for Bucuresti Basarab station?

And additionally this film linked earlier from Bucuresti through Pitesti and apparently towards Craiova is written as starting from Bucuresti Nord while clearly it starts from Basarab. I’ve found such services listed on above mentioned web page as starting from Bucuresti Nord.