daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM   #41
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
I read on newpaper than romanian authorities didn't made railway connection between Ford factory in Craiova and national railway network, Constanta port (cars destination for exportation).

How far is it ? Just a few kilometers ?
The main railway between Craiova and Bucharest is crossing just few meters in front of Ford factory. Another main railway, linking Craiova to Calafat (and to Bulgaria, starting by 2012, when the Danube Bridge 2 will be completed), is crossing just few meters on the left of the factory. And as you can see here, an industrial railway enters inside Ford Factory. So no need for another connection. But what Ford specifically asked was for a road connection between the plant and the road E574. The authorities will start to build that road next year.

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:20 PM   #42
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
The main railway between Craiova and Bucharest is crossing just few meters in front of Ford factory. Another main railway, linking Craiova to Calafat (and to Bulgaria, starting by 2012, when the Danube Bridge 2 will be completed), is crossing just few meters on the left of the factory. And as you can see here, an industrial railway enters inside Ford Factory. So no need for another connection. But what Ford specifically asked was for a road connection between the plant and the road E574. The authorities will start to build that road next year.

Thank you for the answer.

That what I read on TANGIER | Renault Factory | #U-C :

Quote:
Automobile - La Roumanie, un marché automobile à fort potentiel


Le 15 septembre 2010

ENTRETIEN Entretien avec Constantin Stroe, pdg de l’Association des constructeurs d’automobiles roumains (Acarom), vice-président du Conseil d’administration d’Automobile Dacia

L’Usine Nouvelle : Quelle est la situation du marché automobile roumain ?

Constantin Stroe : Avec 61000 unités écoulées, les ventes de voitures neuves enregistrées sur les sept premiers mois de l’année 2010 laissent apparaître une baisse considérable par rapport à l’année précédente : -26%. Le résultat aurait pu être encore plus désastreux sans le programme de prime à la casse que le gouvernement a mis en place pour appuyer l’achat de voitures neuves. Un programme doté d’une prime d’environ 1000 euros pour chaque voiture cassée.

UN : Que prévoyez vous pour 2011 ?

CS : Ces primes continueront à être distribués l’année prochaine et nous espérons que le marché se redressera lentement mais sûrement. Le potentiel du marché automobile roumain reste important car il y a deux millions de voitures en circulation qui ont plus de quinze ans. A cela s’ajoute la mise en place de la législation antipollution européenne qui dopera également la vente de voitures neuves.

UN : Quelle sera la production de deux constructeurs présents en Roumanie, Dacia et Ford ?

CS : La situation de ces constructeurs est différente. La production de l’usine Dacia à Mioveni connaîtra une croissance importante cette année. Elle passera ainsi d’un peu moins de 300.000 voitures en 2009 à environ 330.000 véhicules en 2010.
En revanche, Ford n’atteindra pas ses prévisions, à cause de la crise. Son usine de Craiova produira probablement en 2010 environ 6.000 utilitaires. Le constructeur américain renégocie par ailleurs, son contrat avec le gouvernement roumain. Ce dernier n’est pas parvenu construire l’infrastructure nécessaire pour le transport des voitures fabriquées à l’usine de Craiova vers le port de Constanta. On peut penser donc qu’ils arriveront à un compromis favorable pour les deux.

usinenouvelle.com
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM   #43
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Oh, the newspaper is talking about the road infrastructure. And that's right. The former liberal government has promised Ford a brand new expressway linking Craiova and Piteşti (in red on the map). From Piteşti there is motorway to Bucharest and further, to Cernavodă (in blue). And from Cernavodă the motorway is under construction till Constanţa and scheduled to be completed next year (magenta).
Unfortunately, the current economical crisis forced the present government to postpone the construction of the expressway.

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM   #44
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Oh, the newspaper is talking about the road infrastructure. And that's right. The former liberal government has promised Ford a brand new expressway linking Craiova and Piteşti (in red on the map). From Piteşti there is motorway to Bucharest and further, to Cernavodă (in blue). And from Cernavodă the motorway is under construction till Constanţa and scheduled to be completed next year (magenta).
Unfortunately, the current economical crisis forced the present government to postpone the construction of the expressway.

Newspaper is talking about transport infrastructure necessary for cars products.

Quote:
"l’infrastructure nécessaire pour le transport des voitures fabriquées"
So I thought that it was a railway. Not a expressway or an highway. Craiova-Constanta is 400 km far. 1 train will replace at least 30 trucks.
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #45
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
Newspaper is talking about transport infrastructure necessary for cars products.
So I thought that it was a railway. Not a expressway or an highway. Craiova-Constanta is 400 km far. 1 train will replace at least 30 trucks.
I understand. But there is a main railway from Craiova to Constanţa, although the Bucharest-Constanţa section is currently under rehabilitation and upgrading.
But Ford is complaining about that expressway, which indeed was a promise of the former government.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:06 PM   #46
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979

What about the Dacia factory in Pitesti. How cars are transported to :
- Constanta for exportation in Africa, MENA, and others ?
- and to Western Europe ?
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:47 PM   #47
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
What about the Dacia factory in Pitesti. How cars are transported to :
- Constanta for exportation in Africa, MENA, and others ?
- and to Western Europe ?
I guess that they use mainly trucks because I saw many trailers full of new Dacias on DN7 in Romania and on Hungarian motorways, but they also use rail transport (and I know this because few months ago a train full of new Dacias had an accident in Austria).
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #48
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
What about the Dacia factory in Pitesti. How cars are transported to :
- Constanta for exportation in Africa, MENA, and others ?
- and to Western Europe ?
I had the chance to see a freight train near Cernavoda (close to Constanta) a couple of weeks ago which was full of Dacia SUVs. I think the train had about 50 cars (I mean train cars and not cars proper). It was heading to Constanta. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't take pictures though I badly wanted.

To Western Europe I think a lot of cars are transported by trucks. Actually, I only assume that since I do not have inside information and I never saw trains with Dacia cars heading to western Europe.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:04 PM   #49
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
More than 7 billion euros to be invested in Romania's railways in next five years
Wednesday, 22 September 2010 09:57


Investments in Romania's railway system will reach 7 billion euros in the next five years, as investors from around the world are interested in the opportunities offered by Romania in this field, Secretary General of the Association of Romania's Railway Industry (AIF) Stefan Roseanu told Agerpres.

'Romania will invest between 6 and 7 billion euros in the next five years, which will turn the country into a magnet for investors. If we get the right prioritisation in this area, then Romania's railways will become important domestically as well, since at the level of the European Union, railway is top priority,' Roseanu said at InnoTrans, the world's largest rail industry convention.

He added that the investments envisaged will be in 400 km of rebuilt railways on Corridor IV, between Curtici and Constanta. Romania's underground passenger transport system will grow by 15-20 km of new rails and investment could also be conducted into the signalling system and rolling stock.

At InnoTrans 2010, Romania is displaying at a stand of the AIF and the attendance costs, more than 30,000 euros, were covered by private companies exclusively, and also at individual stands of state companies Remarul 16 February and ASTRA Passenger Rail Cars of Arad.
Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:13 PM   #50
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Romania is present these days at Inno Trans Rail Exhibition, among others, with the following companies:

Astra Vagoane:





And Remarul:

__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #51
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I had the chance to see a freight train near Cernavoda (close to Constanta) a couple of weeks ago which was full of Dacia SUVs. I think the train had about 50 cars (I mean train cars and not cars proper). It was heading to Constanta. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't take pictures though I badly wanted.

To Western Europe I think a lot of cars are transported by trucks. Actually, I only assume that since I do not have inside information and I never saw trains with Dacia cars heading to western Europe.
For Western Europe Dacia are now transported by trucks, beacause Morocco also export Logan to France and Germany (Somaca factory in Casablanca). But Pitesti is the only one Dacia factory who produce Duster. And Duster is a fantastic commercial success also in Western Europe. So I suppose, that with the increase of exportation for WE, a railway service will be made.

And for producing more Duster in Pitesti, more and more Sandero and Logan are no produce in Morocco.

Railway in Constanta port :



Quote:
Marfar GFR tras de o locomotiva ND2 cu o garnitura de Dacii(Logan-2008 Facelift;Sandero;PickUp;VAN) apartinandu-le Uzinei Dacia-Pitesti.Filmarea este facuta pe data de 14.09.2009-gara Constanta
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #52
Cori
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,148
Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Romania is present these days at Inno Trans Rail Exhibition, among others, with the following companies:

Astra Vagoane:


These coach coming from "Fervet" and "Ferrosud"project since 1968. Have no relationship with Astra factory but the second one use the same project to built coach simlar to GC,EuroFima..

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrozza_Gran_Comfort

..and Corail

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiture_Corail

built by AFB in 1975.

Cheers!
Cori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #53
Koen Acacia
Registered User
 
Koen Acacia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,837
Likes (Received): 1917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
More than 7 billion euros to be invested in Romania's railways in next five years
Okay, now we're getting somewhere!
On that line to Curtici - I'm assuming there's also a Hungarian counterpart of this project on their side of the border?
__________________
Every time I agree to Terms & Conditions without reading them first, I picture Johnny Rotten giving me a big thumbs up.
Koen Acacia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #54
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koen Acacia View Post
Okay, now we're getting somewhere!
On that line to Curtici - I'm assuming there's also a Hungarian counterpart of this project on their side of the border?
The Hungarian railway between Romanian border and Budapest has been already rehabilitated using EU funds. Our delay is justified by the fact that our accession to the EU was made three years after Hungary's accession.
But we have another difficulty (money+time): the Romanian main railway on Corridor IV is two time longer than the Hungarian one. The total length on the Romanian side is about 800 km.
On the map bellow:

------ Currently under rehabilitation
------ Rehabilitated
------ To be tendered this year
------ To be tendered next year


Last edited by nenea_hartia; September 26th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #55
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979

7 billions $ is a lot of money.

How many kilometers will be refurbished, with which specifications (Doubled, electrificated, mainly passengers or freight, speed...) ? Is there a HST project, or a 200-220 km/h speed train ?
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #56
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6979



Corridor 22 : Athènes - Bucarest - Sofia - Vienna - Budapest - Prague - Nuremberg/Dresde


http://tentea.ec.europa.eu/en/ten-t_...s_per_mode.htm
__________________


FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims


Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #57
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Thank you for the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
7 billions $ is a lot of money.

How many kilometers will be refurbished, with which specifications (Doubled, electrificated, mainly passengers or freight, speed...) ? Is there a HST project, or a 200-220 km/h speed train ?
According to the official quoted by Le Clerk:
Quote:
[...] the investments envisaged will be in 400 km of rebuilt railways on Corridor IV, between Curtici and Constanta. Romania's underground passenger transport system will grow by 15-20 km of new rails and investment could also be conducted into the signaling system and rolling stock.
But no, not HST project here, not even 200-220 km/h. The railway is already double & electrified. The purpose of the current rehabilitation is to increase the speed from 120 km/h today to 160 km/h (although the tracks will allow 200 km/h on some sections) and of course, to increase the safety. The railway is designed for both passengers & freight transport.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #58
Koen Acacia
Registered User
 
Koen Acacia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,837
Likes (Received): 1917

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
The Hungarian railway between Romanian border and Budapest has been already rehabilitated using EU funds. Our delay is justified by the fact that our accession to the EU was made three years after Hungary's accession.
Yes, of course. Could have thought of that myself.
Quote:
But we have another difficulty (money+time): the Romanian main railway on Corridor IV is two time longer than the Hungarian one. The total length on the Romanian side is about 800 km.
And eventually quite a bit more than 800 km...
Yup, Romania is bigger, so it will cost more than Hungary. But that's also why it's more crucial and can have more benefits.
__________________
Every time I agree to Terms & Conditions without reading them first, I picture Johnny Rotten giving me a big thumbs up.
Koen Acacia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #59
peter_gabriel
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Constanţa
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Romania is present these days at Inno Trans Rail Exhibition, among others, with the following companies:

Astra Vagoane:





And Remarul:

vezi ca ai gresit prima poza,ceea cu vagonul verde.....pe care scrie intercity.Vagonul nu e produs de astra arad,cred ca vagonul in cauza pe care il cauti e cel facut de astra arad pentru ArenaWays........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ye9vrdLpLY
peter_gabriel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #60
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_gabriel View Post
vezi ca ai gresit prima poza,ceea cu vagonul verde.....pe care scrie intercity.Vagonul nu e produs de astra arad,cred ca vagonul in cauza pe care il cauti e cel facut de astra arad pentru ArenaWays......
This is an English-based thread. And yes, Cori noticed Le Clerk's mistake.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium