daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery Cityscapes, skylines and landscapes

Old April 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #61
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 2601

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; August 19th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.
BUTEMBO21 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #62
kaps76

Likes (Received): 8

Beautiful city. I really like the green landscape and the type of house. They look more attractive than the one we have in Kin. If they can try to clean up the city a little bit, bring some peace, this will be a wonderful city to live in.
kaps76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #63
Yupes
Bana Ya Signa 8

Likes (Received): 19

Artistic statue depicting...

Alain Wandimoyi by courtesy
Astride the tropical rainforests and climbing from the mangroves on the Atlantic coast to the snow covered Ruwenzori mountains and the shores of lake Tanganyika in the east—A unique range of Ecosystems

The war years brought a spiritual awakening among men whose diversions had never before included a study of self-realization. One sweet distilment from the bitter herbs of war! Utopia must spring in the private bosom before it can flower in civic virtue. Man is a soul, not an institution; his inner reforms alone can lend permanence to outer ones.
Yupes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #64
Yupes
Bana Ya Signa 8

Likes (Received): 19

Goma: 2009

Clickabe Image

Lake Kivu

Clickabe Image

Clickabe Image

Clickabe Image
[/URL]

Clickabe Image

Images via Blogspot
Astride the tropical rainforests and climbing from the mangroves on the Atlantic coast to the snow covered Ruwenzori mountains and the shores of lake Tanganyika in the east—A unique range of Ecosystems

The war years brought a spiritual awakening among men whose diversions had never before included a study of self-realization. One sweet distilment from the bitter herbs of war! Utopia must spring in the private bosom before it can flower in civic virtue. Man is a soul, not an institution; his inner reforms alone can lend permanence to outer ones.
Yupes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #65
screenshotartist
Engineer

Likes (Received): 17

Outstanding Pictures Mr. Yupes

Thank you for sharing
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #66
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Yupes you are SuperMan. Always come up with stunning shots.
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #67
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 64

Whoa … Nice city. All it needs now is; nice commercial center (mall), modern African market and few more pave roads.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #68
screenshotartist
Engineer

Some roads are being paved

The last picture shows road pavement. All it it needs now is a Modern Commercial Centre and this place will be competing with Places like Westlands Nairobi and Kololo in Kampala.
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #69
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
Some roads are being paved

The last picture shows road pavement. All it it needs now is a Modern Commercial Centre and this place will be competing with Places like Westlands Nairobi and Kololo in Kampala.
Its a actually at least 35% of the city that built up with these mansions. Goma has always been known as the Ville des Chateaux . It stretches From the Rwandese border all the way to Hotel Karibu, thats 10 kms long. all along the Lake. and from the main street to the lake is 3 kms wide. thats huge. when you take a population of 500,000. 200,000 less people than Butembo city.

Well, you guys will be shoked if you visit Butembo city. Because Butembo has more super mansions than Goma.

The small town of Beni with 250 - 300,000 people is also in the race, has it has super mansions as well, But well, be hind the 3 giants. only population wise.

Bukavu with 500,000 people isn't behind either, it has it own super mansions, even more impressive ones that Goma, but Goma has more in quantity.

Its an amazing competition there.

This country needs security first before anything.
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #70
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post

Well, you guys will be shoked if you visit Butembo city. Because Butembo has more super mansions than Goma.
I doubt that

I have seen pictures of Butembo and it looked nowhere as impressive as Goma when it comes to Buildings not even in numbers, I would say.

Even recently when I was back Butembo did not have much of Buzz from people, only place that was praised was Lubumbashi and its owner Moise Katumbi for the work he is doing on the Infrastructure even though Lubum does not boast with Huge impressive Mansions like Goma or Bukavu the infrastructure is admired.

I could be wrong about Butembo but from what I have seen maybe some recent photos would prove me wrong.
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #71
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I doubt that

I have seen pictures of Butembo and it looked nowhere as impressive as Goma when it comes to Buildings not even in numbers, I would say.

Even recently when I was back Butembo did not have much of Buzz from people, only place that was praised was Lubumbashi and its owner Moise Katumbi for the work he is doing on the Infrastructure even though Lubum does not boast with Huge impressive Mansions like Goma or Bukavu the infrastructure is admired.

I could be wrong about Butembo but from what I have seen maybe some recent photos would prove me wrong.
Really? did you visit Butembo? because its well known in Goma, that Butembo city is ahead of Goma money and mansions wise, you should have asked the people in Goma will clearly tell you.

Its the people in Butembo that brought the super mansion style in Goma form Butembo city.

Butembo lacks the beauty of Goma and Bukavu because its doesn't a Lake side, electricity not even 1 km of paved roads.

I just haven't had the opportunities to get Butembo photos.

But yes, Lubumbashi is impressing everyone in the country with it infrastructures.

Also, most Nandes that own mansions in Goma, own mansions in Butembo or Beni. and Butembo has more money that Goma and Bukavu.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 16th, 2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #72
screenshotartist
Engineer

I thought It was just a myth that Butembo did not have electricity.
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #73
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I thought It was just a myth that Butembo did not have electricity.
Myth?

Nop, not a myth, no electricity at all. just generators everywhere You have no idea how many times the people asked the Moron governments.

Perhaps God will send the moron to do electrify it one day.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1117557

Its also one of the well organized city, people don't just build like hippos in the water. Remember its not a colonial built city like Goma and Bukavu,

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 16th, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #74
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Myth?

Nop, not a myth, no electricity at all. just generators everywhere You have no idea how many times the people asked the Moron governments.

Perhaps God will send the moron to do electrify it one day.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1117557

Its also one of the well organized city, people don't just build like hippos in the water. Remember its not a colonial built city like Goma and Bukavu,
I though Clarkson Power built a small dam few years ago. The city does have power.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #75
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
I though Clarkson Power built a small dam few years ago. The city does have power.

Mulopwe
They did build it. But its too tiny, it can't even power 10% of the city. remember Butembo's population stands at 700,000 and growing.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #76
screenshotartist
Engineer

Goma

Some more of Construction taking place in Goma Nord Kivu

Old May 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #77
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

I really have no idea why they build far better mansions than before the volcano erruption in 2002.
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #78
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
I really have no idea why they build far better mansions than before the volcano erruption in 2002.
After the Volcano new and previous businesses boomed in profit Money was made quick. Then people of Kivu adopted the competitive spirit. Rather than admire or feel jealous about someone's house built one like his or better. this also forced people not so rich to be ashamed of their houses so it gave pretty much everyone the motivation to strive to build nice houses for themselves

This also helped most people with potential to realise that selling peanuts will not get you a house like that This fueled up the business-mind ideology
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #79
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
After the Volcano new and previous businesses boomed in profit Money was made quick. Then people of Kivu adopted the competitive spirit. Rather than admire or feel jealous about someone's house built one like his or better. this also forced people not so rich to be ashamed of their houses so it gave pretty much everyone the motivation to strive to build nice houses for themselves

But Bukavu is insane. 5-8 storey buildings .

Makes Goma look like a baby , but Bukavu is very crowded than Goma or Butembo.

Quote:
This also helped most people with potential to realise that selling peanuts will not get you a house like that This fueled up the business-mind ideology
Kivu business spirit, got to love that.

Selling peanuts is for high school kids. I sold peanut (Petrol, beer, Soda,and potatoes)

It gave me experience as a 14 year old . thats when i first tested what it means to work for yourself . (though those things weren't mine).

You'll be shocked to know how many Gas Stations are in Goma now. when i left there were only 8 stations, now there are more than 50 stations .

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 19th, 2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #80
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Even Chukudist have their own monument now. : I like the facts that the provincial goverment thought about giving honor to the people that drive Chukudu. these guys are very hard workers.

Tags
congo