daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #21
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

*Excellent TR Skyprince, you should put it in Airliners.net!

*The meal is very very adequate and looks tasty! I would certainly eat it. When I flew British from LHR to Munich, all they gave me was a bag of salty nuts and a glass of water!

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #22
Skyprince
Asian boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post

*The meal is very very adequate and looks tasty! I would certainly eat it. When I flew British from LHR to Munich, all they gave me was a bag of salty nuts and a glass of water!
Wao shoukran!

Anyway yes the food is adequate but not nutritious.. remember I paid almost 35 Omani Rials for this flight but they only give 3 small shrimps. In Malaysian domestic flight like KualaLumpur to Kuching I paid only half that fare but I always got delicious tender Chicken curry on rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12
If u ever will be in USA, try fly domestically here, then you really will be disappointed.

and in Europe too!

actually I don't mind if Jazeera Airways or Ryan Air or Air Asia come up with such meal, but with 35 Rials for this short flight, I deserve more..
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:13 AM   #23
KB

Likes (Received): 6845

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
If u ever will be in USA, try fly domestically here, then you really will be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post

I would be flying from NYK to San Diego on Delta and guess what....you've to buy food on the plane. So be grateful even if they give you a glass of water in OmanAir because you have to buy even that in the US.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:43 AM   #24
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
Wao shoukran!

Anyway yes the food is adequate but not nutritious.. remember I paid almost 35 Omani Rials for this flight but they only give 3 small shrimps. In Malaysian domestic flight like KualaLumpur to Kuching I paid only half that fare but I always got delicious tender Chicken curry on rice.

and in Europe too!

actually I don't mind if Jazeera Airways or Ryan Air or Air Asia come up with such meal, but with 35 Rials for this short flight, I deserve more..
And in Latin America too!!
I just traveled from my city San Pedro Sula to Miami and then to Atlanta and all I got was a lousy bag of peanuts and each flight was 1 45 mins .. that food looked amazing!!
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM   #25
alitezar
Persian 44

Likes (Received): 5593

Wow so lovely. Thanks for sharing
alitezar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #26
aruner82

Likes (Received): 0

I hear that the new Salalah Airport project has been awarded to Galfar & L&T JV. Can anyone update on that please?
aruner82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #27
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruner82 View Post
I hear that the new Salalah Airport project has been awarded to Galfar & L&T JV. Can anyone update on that please?
yes..it has been awarded to the JV of Galfar Engineering & Contracting and Larsen & Toubro. The consultant is Cowi Larson. Target of completion is around 2014, the same as the expansion for Muscat Intl Airport.

Back to the topic, I was in Muscat last May and to be honest, its a very nice country and the people are very friendly indeed, especially to the tourists. Would love revisit Oman. and yes, Omanair is awesome.
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #28
aruner82

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks and sure it is a nice country, can you recommend a hotel to stay in Salalah please?
aruner82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #29
ramakrishna1984

Likes (Received): 788

L&T bags $93.1m contract to build airport in Oman

Latest update: L&T bags $93.1m contract to build airport in Oman

Larsen & Toubro (Oman), a subsidiary of the engineering and construction firm of India-based Larsen & Toubro (L&T), has won a $93.1m contract to undertake construction work of a regional airport in Oman.

As per the terms of the deal, L&T Oman will construct an air traffic control (ATC) building, a passenger terminal building, cargo and other service buildings that comprise mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) works, and special systems, reports Arabianbusiness.com.Scheduled to be completed in two months, this regional airport will be the third airport project to be executed by the company in Oman.

ramakrishna1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote