daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Your favourite skyline: cast your vote!
Frankfurt am Main - Germany 532 32.92%
Rotterdam - the Netherlands 199 12.31%
London - UK 230 14.23%
Paris - France 380 23.51%
Warsaw - Polen 275 17.02%
Voters: 1616. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #321
craperskys
kommt nen Mann zum Arzt..

Likes (Received): 53

agreed, the madrid pic with the plane looks just great, nice shot.

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #322
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlchris View Post
@SASCH SFC - Lol, I guess you've never been to Rotterdam. They realy need to work on the streets, it's as ugly as hell. .
If you have pictures from the skyline or above it's nice, but the streets aren't always that nice.
Luckily they are currently changing the streets. More trees and other pavement

Have you ever been to Frankfurt? The streets and pavements in Rotterdam and most of the other big city's in the Netherlands are better than most of the German City's. I find the street level better looking in R'dam than F'furt. There are much more dirty looking buildings and bridges in Germany. You won't find this in the Netherlands. I find sometimes German City's rather gray and in the evening dark looking. The street lightning in R'dam is also better as in F'furt. You have so much dark (side) streets in Germany.I can't express myself so good in what I mean. R'dam is more than doing well in making the City looking clean and every bad looking neighboorhood will be changed into good looking ones. I'm originaly from Germany and live for more than 30 years in R'dam so I know what I'm talking about. When my familie comes over from Germany they always are saying that R'dam is a clean and very modern City.
F'furt has the best Skyline, but R'dam gives a more Metropalitan vibe as Frankfurt does.
Let's stop this, because it's about best skyline and not about best looking city.
I was a bit 'op mijn pik getrapt' best translated as 'very disappointed' because mr. or mrs.crapersky finds R'dam a commieblock looking City/skyline .
SASH no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #323
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASH SCF View Post
Have you ever been to Frankfurt? The streets and pavements in Rotterdam and most of the other big city's in the Netherlands are better than most of the German City's. I find the street level better looking in R'dam than F'furt. There are much more dirty looking buildings and bridges in Germany. You won't find this in the Netherlands. I find sometimes German City's rather gray and in the evening dark looking. The street lightning in R'dam is also better as in F'furt. You have so much dark (side) streets in Germany.I can't express myself so good in what I mean. R'dam is more than doing well in making the City looking clean and every bad looking neighboorhood will be changed into good looking ones. I'm originaly from Germany and live for more than 30 years in R'dam so I know what I'm talking about. When my familie comes over from Germany they always are saying that R'dam is a clean and very modern City.
F'furt has the best Skyline, but R'dam gives a more Metropalitan vibe as Frankfurt does.
Let's stop this, because it's about best skyline and not about best looking city.
I was a bit 'op mijn pik getrapt' best translated as 'very disappointed' because mr. or mrs.crapersky finds R'dam a commieblock looking City/skyline .
You still didn't tell us the hole you came out! At least 6 of the 10 best places to live are in Germany - including Frankfurt. But I agree, Dutch cities look cleaner. So what?
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #324
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

^Let's keep it neat here! He is from the Netherlands.

@vfG - Lol Too much categories
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #325
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27257

Quote:
This is funny. This description really fits to most of the cities in the netherlands but never for Rotterdam. Rotterdam is at least one of the most ugliest and most boring cities in Europe. Unfriendly and arrogant inhabitants starting by the youth:

Perhaps you should reduce your mariuhana consum and see this city in its real colors.

Last edited by Ji-Ja-Jot; February 17th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #326
xlchris
Not much

^Rotterdam is certainly not boring. It's a bit ugly, but it looks better then most German cities.
Every city has arrogant people, the Rotterdam people are very nice and friendly, like all the Dutch.
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #327
Dr.Seltsam
Live in HD

Likes (Received): 3227

Stop generalizing eveything, please!
You can't say that all inhabitants of a city or even a country are unfriendly!

I have never been to Rotterdam...so I don't know if it's ugly or not. But because of the reason the city was totally destroyed in WW2, it is more than possible that it is ugly...like every city in Germany with more than 100,000 inhabitants (besides Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, Erfurt, Regensburg).

You shouldn't bash other cities for being ugly because of the destruction of WW2!

Furthermore these cities are today the most modern (architecture) ones in Europe.
But it takes time to heal all the wounds.
Dr.Seltsam no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #328
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Quote:
^Rotterdam is certainly not boring.
Every city has arrogant people, the Rotterdam people are very nice and friendly, like all the Dutch.
I agree 100%. There are arrogant people in every place in the World. As well as there is no perfect city that is 100% beautiful. I have never benn to Rotterdem but I cannot imagine them being different from all other Dutch people I know and knew - who were ALL, but ALL very warmhearted nice people! And they have a good sense of laid-backness and humour that I simply LOVE!
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #329
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
This is funny. This description really fits to most of the cities in the netherlands but never for Rotterdam. Rotterdam is at least one of the most ugliest and most boring cities in Europe. Unfriendly and arrogant inhabitants starting by the youth:

Perhaps you should reduce your mariuhana consum and see this city in its real colors.
I think you hate Feyenoord, because we beat Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Cup Final 2002

R'dam boring? You must be joking mate! It's festival en sports city number one in the Netherlands!
Unfriendly? Than you better go to Amsterdam where you can meet the other tourists. You won't find manny locals over there.

Please stop this shit. I'm a was born in Germany and I'm living in Rotterdam.
I love the place and it has one of the best skylines in the EU.

Mariuhana, that's for kids... I'm only in for the real things
SASH no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #330
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27257

Wrong way. I don't like soccer and I don't like Dortmund (one of the ugliest cities in Germany ) so I don't like Borussia Dortmund.

BTW: I did not say, that Rotterdam has an ungly skyline (in fact it is one of the best in Europe) I talked about shape on streetlevel. And in this Piont you tried to jugde other cities compared to Rotterdam with criterias, which Rotterdam does not really satisfied, too.

But in one Point think you're right. It's a skylinethread. So we should stop here, and I give you a hug and I apologize for my comment. I think most of the population of Rotterdam can't help it, that I had every time a really bad time, when I've visted Rotterdam (six times - and never for soccer)

And I hope your joke about drugs is really just a joke. Hard drugs are not funny.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #331
Marco_
XXX

Likes (Received): 2

One last thing...

Quote:
I don't like soccer
No one in Europe does
Now back on-topic
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #332
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Quote:

Mariuhana, that's for kids... I'm only in for the real things
Now I know why you saw so many junks at the station: You saw every single junk tenfold!
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #333
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
One last thing...

No one in Europe does
Now back on-topic
Yes, Europeans like football. Some Americans may like soccer,...

Another Rotterdam:
[IMG]http://www.*****************/rotterdam/fotos/panorama/sk_0082.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #334
xlchris
Not much

^Can't see it (Or is it a bad picture )
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #335
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Quote:
^Can't see it (Or is it a bad picture )
??? Which one!?
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #336
xlchris
Not much

^The first..........................but the second is awesome! Only saw a small cut version of it

(2nd pic is probably from 2006)

Last edited by xlchris; February 17th, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
xlchris no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #337
cardiff

Likes (Received): 5849

Lovely London pics, and the Warsaw one from the river was beautiful!
cardiff no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #338
craperskys
kommt nen Mann zum Arzt..

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
^Rotterdam is certainly not boring. It's a bit ugly, but it looks better then most German cities.
yeah your poll shows it pretty clear

Quote:
the Rotterdam people are very nice and friendly, like all the Dutch.
obviously
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #339
Dr.Seltsam
Live in HD

Likes (Received): 3227

C'mon craperskys!
Don't be so rude!
Dr.Seltsam no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #340
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

craperskys, why don't you stop this instigation? Did anyone do you any harm for you being so rude?

Closed Thread

Tags
berlin, european union, la défense, london, paris, rotterdam, skyline, warsaw