daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #101
Keayman

Likes (Received): 30

I think i've stated many times if you read back that it's the loop for me. Then GP ahead of Kirkby anytime. It's piffle that it's beyond upgrading as it's piffle that there should be no 2nd option and only an exclusivity deal.
Keayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #102
Bay City
In the brig

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keayman View Post
Then GP ahead of Kirkby anytime.
If its a straight choice of Kirkby or GP, then I go Kirkby.

Quote:
It's piffle that it's beyond upgrading
You still don't get it. The "site" is a right off. Putting cheapo tart-up stands surrounded by death trap terraced streets (the image alone is bad) will not bring in needed revenue to compete at the top. What don't you understand about that?

Nah, don't bother.
Bay City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #103
Joe the red

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay City View Post
don't bother.
Please, for once, heed your own advice.
Joe the red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #104
eyeam

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
If its a straight choice of Kirkby or GP, then I go Kirkby.

You still don't get it. The "site" is a right off. Putting cheapo tart-up stands surrounded by death trap terraced streets (the image alone is bad) will not bring in needed revenue to compete at the top. What don't you understand about that?

Nah, don't bother.
As opposed to putting up cheapo stands surrounded by retail sheds that mean the place can't be expanded in Kirkby? And which also won't bring in enough additional revenue? And would actually leave us financially worse off if it wasn't full every week?

Sounds great!

What do you care though, sitting on you arse in Milton Keynes.
eyeam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #105
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeam View Post
As opposed to putting up cheapo stands surrounded by retail sheds that mean the place can't be expanded in Kirkby?
I am not a big fan of Kirkby, and less of GP.

Quote:
What do you care though, sitting on you arse in Milton Keynes.
MK? I don't live there. You must have the wrong fella.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #106
Keayman

So you're not a fan of GP?

Would that still be the case if alternatives weren't being discussed?

It has been quite clearly proposed how extra seating on one side and one end of the ground with a double layer of exec boxes can bring in the additional revenue, yes surrounded by terraced streets like most UK grounds and like it has been for over a hundred years without the fatalities you've dreamed up to suit your own ends (with 30% bigger crowds back then too)

The EFC board must be made up with the likes of you championing their scaremongering. Is White Hart Lane going to collapse too

The board have overuled renovation simply because it doesn't fit in with them being able to greedily sell it off at a profit to a sugar daddy - read between the lines as your smalltown ideals don't stack up and you're being reeled in.

How will the revenue of getting a full house at Kirkby (if they ever do) be any more beneficial than getting a full house at a renovated GP?

More over, if they have all this money, spend it on the team they're trying to create the money to build in the first place.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #107
Babaloo
Fiat Lux

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I am not a big fan of Kirkby,

MK? I don't live there. You must have the wrong fella.
You made that up.
Babaloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #108
Keayman

Old December 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #109
Joe the red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
You made that up.
Brilliant
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #110
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
You made that up.
I never.
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #111
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
So you're not a fan of GP?
It is an outdated crock and unsuitable for a top Premier club. It is also a potential disaster waiting to happen with 1000s of fans forced into tight, narrow, dangerous streets. Demolition is the only answer. I don't want to see bodies to say, "I told you so".

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
The board have overuled renovation simply because it doesn't fit in with
I am not interested in babbling opinion, only facts. GP is a potential death-trap crock - fact. It does not have the income to sustain top Premier club - fact. You have great difficulty understanding something so simple. What don't you understand about that?

Quote:
How will the revenue of getting a full house at Kirkby (if they ever do) be any more beneficial than getting a full house at a renovated GP?
You have great difficulty with this too. More money? What will that do to a big Premier club? Try this one and come back and I'll see if you got it right.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #112
Keayman

Ok John. You're as apt at kidology as the EFC board so work out this miracle, a £58M black hole - an economic miracle it's being called and the scheme looks even nearer failure than ever.

I'm still wondering how an increased capacity with additional exec boxes and corporate facilities/function suites at GP will bring in more revenue than the same at Kirkby unless of course you mean it'll be dearer for the fan at Kirkby?

How much trouble are you having seeing that?

Everton inquiry: Mystery surrounds Kirkby’s £52million economic miracle
Dec 11 2008 by Richard Down, Liverpool Daily Post

1 2 next »
A BARRISTER for Liverpool City Council yesterday branded the additional £52m that Everton FC needs to build its proposed new stadium in Kirkby as a “miracle of modern economics”.

Stephen Sauvain was cross- examining Knowsley Council’s chief executive, Sheena Ramsey, about exactly where this additional finance was coming from at the public inquiry into the scheme.

It involves the completion of a huge Tesco superstore, other retail units and a hotel, as well as a 50,000-capacity Everton stadium in a deal worth £400m.

Mr Sauvain repeatedly attempted to tie down the link between the profits from the proposed sale of the land in Kirkby and the £52m extra the club needs to build an all-new ground, in addition to its own contribution of £78m.

Ms Ramsey said: “Tesco will fund the £52m through the increase in the value of the land brought about through the development.”

But Mr Sauvain argued this was far from clear.

He said: “Tesco’s expert doesn’t think the money is coming from Tesco and Ms Ramsey doesn’t think it’s coming from Knowsley, so it’s a miracle of modern economics because nobody is prepared to tell you what the situation really is.”

Ms Ramsey also faced a series of questions about how much the council was letting the land south of the town centre go for.

The Archdiocese, Ms Ramsey confirmed, was getting a land swap and a cash hand-out as part of the deal to build on primary school land.

But the exact nature of how much the council will earn has been deemed “commercially sensitive” and the figures are not available to the inquiry.

Planning inspector Wendy Burden asked whether selling the land with planning permission on the open market would have generated higher values for the council.

The present arrangement will see Tesco pay a lower rate for undeveloped land.

But Martin Kingston, QC, speaking on behalf of Knowsley Council, said: “The land is not simply being sold off, it’s being sold within a complex transaction with a series of covenants with Tesco that are being passed on to the club.”

Ms Ramsey added that the council had been advised by a series of experts, including the district auditor, that this was an appropriate land deal for this development.

She also emphasised that the key objective for the entire scheme was to help Kirkby undergo a transformation that would attract investors.

She drew attention to Kirkby Market, which will see a total of £500,000 invested in a modernisation scheme.

The council said it was “a clear demonstration of Knowsley Council’s commitment to regenerate all parts of Kirkby town centre.”

richarddown

Old December 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #113
Keayman

Quote:

Yes.

So, when you were part of a capacity crowd, off the edge of your seat in an electric atmosphere that night in 85 watching us beat Bayern Munich, you looked around and thought 'Crap this place, needs demolishing and I dread to see bodies strewn all over Goodison Road during the stampede on the way out in 10 minutes time'

Since nothing much as changed except lower gates.........

Taxi for Mr Bay.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #114
Keayman

You'll like this one though John. If it can be believed.

Everton FC stadium expert: We won’t lose stadium buzz
Dec 5 2008 by Richard Down, Liverpool Daily Post

EFC Stadium, design, Kirkby 05 _200

EVERTON’S stadium expert has batted away suggestions that the proposed 50,000-seater stadium in Kirkby will be sub-standard.

Answering an array of questions from Trevor Skempton, the architect behind Newcastle United’s upgraded St James’ Park, David Keirle, of KSS Design Group, told the inquiry that the new stadium will help generate a wonderful atmosphere.

Mr Skempton asked why Everton was not using the elliptical design for its seating.

He asked whether these stadia were “higher spec”. But Mr Keirle said by using a steeper slope and a straight lower section of terracing, spectators would get the best views.

Mr Skempton questioned whether the new stadium would be able to generate the atmosphere of Goodison Park.

Mr Keirle said: “This is a very real issue. We’ve enclosed the stadium, meaning the minimum amount of noise will escape, and this is about creating a cauldron type of atmosphere.”
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #115
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
So, when you were part of a capacity crowd, off the edge of your seat in an electric atmosphere that night in 85 watching us beat Bayern Munich, you looked around and thought 'Crap this place, needs demolishing and I dread to see bodies strewn all over Goodison Road during the stampede on the way out in 10 minutes time'
Actually I did. I was in upper Bullens at the Park End against the boards. I thought, If this place goes on fire or there is a panic, I will be over the top sharpish down a stanchion. A few weeks later some poor bastards at Bradford could not do that and were fried alive in a stand. I have never been in wooden Upper Gwladys or Bullens since...and never will.

Stop being such a stupid prat and attempting to justify a death trap and part wooden ground. All you do is make yourself out to be quite thick.

Last edited by Bay City; December 11th, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #116
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
You'll like this one though John. If it can be believed.
Goodison Park is famous for its lack of atmosphere. Anything is better than that death trap.

A 1969 joke by Kopites.
Armstrong steps on the Moon and Mission Control asks, "what is it like to be on the Moon?", He replies, "like Goodison Park, no atmosphere".

Last edited by Bay City; December 11th, 2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #117
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
Ok John. You're as apt at kidology as the EFC board
Why do you keep ramming this Kirby crap at me. I don't particularity like the stadium or the location.

Talk about the Loop, Speak, Garston, Bowring Park, etc. Not Central Docks - which will not happen.
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #118
Joe the red

Quote:
Talk about the Loop, Speak, Garston, Bowring Park, etc. Not Central Docks - which will not happen.
How long have you lived in MK John.

Last edited by Joe the red; December 11th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #119
Bay City
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the red View Post
How long have you lived in MK John.
I do not live in MK. What don't you understand about that?

..Joe the red, is confused I must say
..He thinks I live in place called MK

..Joe the Red desires this city
..That is why I wrote this ditty
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #120
Gareth
Keltlandia

Likes (Received): 61

John is in the brig,
John is in the brig,
He kept on saying rhyme,