daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #341
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #342
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173

Looks like they started framing in the next floor today....as there appears to be no one working on the Freedom Tower. Looks like 4WTC is about to lap.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #343
RKOwens
Registered User
 
RKOwens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 227
Likes (Received): 0

Yep. They've already started working on the lobby level. A position which took the FT over 2 years to reach has now been reached by 4WTC in just 5 months.
__________________
"Who wouldn't want a fist full of Play-Doh?" -Joe Woolhead
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #344
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173

Amazing, isn't it? This was a picture from the end of March:

image hosted on flickr
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #345
CrazyAboutCities
Registered User
 
CrazyAboutCities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 8,549
Likes (Received): 240

Great updates!
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #346
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173

4WTC is surging to the top.







-June 6th, from GreenwichBoy on Wired New York
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #347
twilight_2008
Registered User
 
twilight_2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Posts: 1,328
Likes (Received): 1

When are the next 2 cranes going to be installed?
twilight_2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #348
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173


I think there is only one other crane, and they said in August.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #349
SJM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,435
Likes (Received): 119

It looks like tower 3's site is being prep'd, is the groundwork starting soon?
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #350
CHAPINM1
Registered User
 
CHAPINM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 50
Likes (Received): 2

This is definetly a project that is taking everyone, including myself, by a bigtime suprise!
__________________
NYC born/ Twin Cities raised!
CHAPINM1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #351
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM View Post
It looks like tower 3's site is being prep'd, is the groundwork starting soon?
no, construction of tower 3 won't start very soon
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #352
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,772
Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
This is definetly a project that is taking everyone, including myself, by a bigtime suprise!
Why is it take you by surprise? Is being built by a private corporation so all the politics that are slowing down FT are not affecting it. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't progressing rapidly.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #353
philvia
Registered User
 
philvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nyc
Posts: 1,022
Likes (Received): 33

maybe the workers will have a race. i dont know about you, but if i have been working on 1wtc for 2 years and i watched a competing company on 4wtc outpace me by 200% then i would be pissssssssssssssssssed haha
philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #354
Master5
Registered User
 
Master5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Almere
Posts: 552
Likes (Received): 3

Does anyone know when the other two towers will be build.?
I see on the pictures only one large sand area.

Sorry for my bad english.
Master5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #355
Athinaios
3D geo-modeler
 
Athinaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kamień Pomorski, Stamford, CT, NYC
Posts: 430
Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master5 View Post
Does anyone know when the other two towers will be build.?
I see on the pictures only one large sand area.
We don't know even when they will construct them I hope IVQ of this year...but it's only my wish...we'll see.
__________________
Check out the progress of the 1 World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) in Google Earth! :

One World Trade Center in Google Earth
Athinaios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #356
CHAPINM1
Registered User
 
CHAPINM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 50
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Why is it take you by surprise? Is being built by a private corporation so all the politics that are slowing down FT are not affecting it. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't progressing rapidly.
Well, because the last time I checked it's taken too Goddamn long to get to this point. 4 WTC didn't start construction until last year, however it seems it may be above street level quite soon.
__________________
NYC born/ Twin Cities raised!
CHAPINM1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #357
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,527
Likes (Received): 1028

There are no politics involved in 1WTC's slow progress, you're thinking of 200 and 175. FT is moving so slowly because they can only pour concrete on weekends (and, as you could probably imagine, this is an issue because concrete is the most important part of the base of a skyscraper)
Uaarkson está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #358
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
There are no politics involved in 1WTC's slow progress, you're thinking of 200 and 175. FT is moving so slowly because they can only pour concrete on weekends (and, as you could probably imagine, this is an issue because concrete is the most important part of the base of a skyscraper)
What? That's not true, we've seen them pour concrete during the week.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #359
Onn
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,544
Likes (Received): 173

June 8th
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrong...78659/sizes/l/
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #360
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,772
Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Well, because the last time I checked it's taken too Goddamn long to get to this point. 4 WTC didn't start construction until last year, however it seems it may be above street level quite soon.
This is the 4WTC thread, not the FT thread! This building is progressing at a normal rate, not surprising because it is avoiding politics because the control is by a private corporation. FT is buried in politics as well as several other problems and progressing very slowly. No surprises here!
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
new york, nyc, silverstein, world trade center, wtc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu