daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #2861
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
4 WTC's tenants won't move in until early 2014.
Transport Hub is suppose to be completed on December 2015 but most likely some delays could cause it to open in 2016.

How could the Performance Arts Center open in 2017/2018? Its suppose to be build where the existing PATH and that can't be demolished until the Transport Hub is built. So lets assume that Transport Hub Opens in early 2016, so it will take a year to demolish the existing Path and place the foundation. So that takes us 2017, then give 2 years of construction and 1 year of interior fit out and fixing the surrounding area...which takes to 2020.

3 WTC will be structurally complete by end of 2016 but its interior fitout wont be done till 2017 and tenants cant move in till then.

Well how about we stick the facts provided by the PA and Silverstein and we're talking about when the buildings will be completed not when they'll be occupied and according to the Slivetstein 4WTC will be complete by tear's end and 3WTC in 2016. Now as far at that transportation hub, the PA says it'll be completed by mid 2015, again their facts not mine so based on that it's absolutely plosible that the performing arts center will be done by 2017/2018 considering it'll take a year to prep the site and about 2 to finish the building considering it won't be a huge structure based on recent info. But again those aren't my estimations those are the ones provided by the PA so let's stick to that until further notice. You can also check lowermanhattan.info which is pretty good at updating info relating to WTC
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #2862
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
Well how about we stick the facts provided by the PA and Silverstein and we're talking about when the buildings will be completed not when they'll be occupied and according to the Slivetstein 4WTC will be complete by tear's end and 3WTC in 2016. Now as far at that transportation hub, the PA says it'll be completed by mid 2015, again their facts not mine so based on that it's absolutely plosible that the performing arts center will be done by 2017/2018 considering it'll take a year to prep the site and about 2 to finish the building considering it won't be a huge structure based on recent info. But again those aren't my estimations those are the ones provided by the PA so let's stick to that until further notice. You can also check lowermanhattan.info which is pretty good at updating info relating to WTC
Eh, I'd take the PA's estimations with a grain of salt.

spectre000 liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #2863
JCRM2

Likes (Received): 8

I'm so glad to hear that 3WTC finally landed an tenant and construction can finally move along. That gap in the skyline between 1 & 4 really needed to be filled. As for tenants finally moving in around 2016-2017, I really dont care what year they move in, as long the building peaks in the skyline much earler like with 1 & 4 now.

wtcforever liked this post
JCRM2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #2864
andrei_kob
Ukraine

Likes (Received): 132

Me too! - I even registered an account here, when I heared this news!

wtcforever liked this post
andrei_kob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #2865
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28210

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Vertical Gotham's article at the top of post 40 clearly says it will be completed in 2016 and GroupM will move inside in 2017.
that's pretty much what mercenary said as well. Anyway, in terms of construction time we are over the halfway point.
When the podium is finished, this should go up pretty quickly.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #2866
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
I think Tower 3 will reach it's complete height by mid 2015 and will be open by the spring of 2016.
When you think about it, it's really not a long wait.
I completely agree with your estimate. The most difficult part of construction is behind us, so it really should now go relatively quickly

Btw, I'm 2 days away from the forum and I miss such great news, ROFL, this is incredible! i'm so happy. Here is the greatest skyscraper celebration vid of all times

Old July 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2867
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

oh my god.

we need ironworkers to throw stuff at these clowns.

Otie liked this post
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #2868
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 425

My guess is that they rushed to install at least a section if the facade, including just a few pieces of glass in order to be able to demonstrate the quality/look of the materials to GroupM before making the deal.
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #2869
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2924

Lol.

The deal was in the works for months.

And i'll guarantee GroupM doesn't care about how the tower looks.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #2870
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Lol.

The deal was in the works for months.

And i'll guarantee GroupM doesn't care about how the tower looks.
Well if you can guarantee that than I guess it's s fact. What huge international company would care about what their new headquarters in NYC will look like. That would be ridiculous.

GroupM would move into a warehouse in Red Hook but they really like the chicken cutlet sandwiches from Joe's gourmet on Washington, so they chose this shiny new tower without caring about design, look, etc...blah
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #2871
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Should have worded that better.....

They didn't wait for a "couple of pieces of glass and shiny steel" to be installed just to sign a lease. Talks of companies leasing for space at 3 WTC were in talks long before cladding on the tower begun

I don't know how you would have assumed that.

A million/billion dollar company couldn't really care about a office tower design as long as it has affordable/quality space for the said company.

Old July 10th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2872
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28210

They don't need to wait for that, they take the renders for granted. And also, a prestiguous project like WTC can't be bad.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #2873
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I wonder which floors will GroupM take. If I'd be them I would take the top floors, since they canpt be much more expensive for them because of Larry's desperation to cut a deal asap

Highcliff liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #2874
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Yeah I wanted to add that but it seemed to obvious.

The design of the buildings has changed since they were revealed, the exception being 2 and 4 WTC. Hopefully Silverstein lives to see all his planned buildings under construction.

Old July 10th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2875
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I wonder which floors will GroupM take. If I'd be them I would take the top floors, since they canpt be much more expensive for them because of Larry's desperation to cut a deal asap

from the nypost article:

Quote:
GroupM plans to take 9 floors in 3 WTC’s lower office portion, including five floors of 70,000 square feet each
That leaves the more desirable upper floors for the taking!

I really don't think Larry is desperate here otherwise he would have leased this a long time ago. His patience has probably paid off and got a deal that he can be happy with.

Kanto liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2876
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
They don't need to wait for that, they take the renders for granted. And also, a prestiguous project like WTC can't be bad.
exactly! plus this is where GroupM obviously wants to be. Negotiating has been going on for about a year between these two parties. That is an indication that they want to be here, especially for 3 WTC... says a lot!

That is great that the 2 parties found a middle ground to make both sides happy. To sign a term sheet generally indicates satisfaction with the most important figures with both parties. Now basically all the loose ends will be hammered out and should lead to closing the deal.

IMO, If WTC decides to select a green tinted cladding (We all know its not and we can all see that the cladding is a darker color glass), honestly I don't think it would matter as much. It is the prestige of being the biggest marketing firm being located in one of the most prestigious office complex in the world. That is and would be impressive to it's clientele.

Kanto liked this post
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #2877
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
from the nypost article:

That leaves the more desirable upper floors for the taking!

I really don't think Larry is desperate here otherwise he would have leased this a long time ago. His patience has probably paid off and got a deal that he can be happy with.
Thanks for the info

Vertical_Gotham, Highcliff liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2878
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
exactly! plus this is where GroupM obviously wants to be. Negotiating has been going on for about a year between these two parties. That is an indication that they want to be here, especially for 3 WTC... says a lot!

That is great that the 2 parties found a middle ground to make both sides happy. To sign a term sheet generally indicates satisfaction with the most important figures with both parties. Now basically all the loose ends will be hammered out and should lead to closing the deal.

IMO, If WTC decides to select a green tinted cladding (We all know its not and we can all see that the cladding is a darker color glass), honestly I don't think it would matter as much. It is the prestige of being the biggest marketing firm being located in one of the most prestigious office complex in the world. That is and would be impressive to it's clientele.

If I was the anchor tenant, I would have demanded the original cross-bracing.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #2879
GerFok
Gerard F

Likes (Received): 44

Just magnificent!! Rise nr3! Rise!
GerFok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #2880
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
If I was the anchor tenant, I would have demanded the original cross-bracing.
lol! yea I think I would have too!

You never know.... Maybe groupM have requested to have the X braces back for the tower!

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center