daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 31st, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3461
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
I'm almost positive it's SSP that has it right. The redesign called for a height reduction to 1,080 roof height and 1,171 pinnacle height as far as I know.
Thanks, but I have furiously searched the internet trying to find a source indicating some kind of reduction to no avail.

Can anybody kindly provide me a source indicating any kind of height change?? It's kinda weird that I had no such luck finding a source.

Right now I'm just operating that 1170 is in fact the height because Silverstein's website indicates it.

If there us no source it's just hearsay IMO.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Sirius2.0 liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3462
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28213

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.B 22 View Post
Those antennaes will really make 3 WTC more elegant.
it would be a shame to remove them IMO.

About the height, Silverstein doesn't mention roof height. If he wants to use height as a selling point, he'll mention the highest number i.e. Pinnacle height.

A.J.B 22, Sirius2.0 liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #3463
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Thanks, but I have furiously searched the internet trying to find a source indicating some kind of reduction to no avail.

Can anybody kindly provide me a source indicating any kind of height change?? It's kinda weird that I had no such luck finding a source.

Right now I'm just operating that 1170 is in fact the height because Silverstein's website indicates it.

If there us no source it's just hearsay IMO.
CTBUH and SSP have put 1,171 as the pinnacle height.

1) http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/new-...-trade-center/
2)http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=7802
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3464
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Are you going to be actual antennas are they just something stuck on top to make the building taller the same as what was done on WTC 1?
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #3465
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

Likes (Received): 678

I believed them to be spires of some sort, not antennas because they are architectural features that are extensions of the vertical portions of the cross bracing flanking the corners of the building. I see them as no affiliation to antennas, besides the fact that they don't even look like antennas.

CNTower246810 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM   #3466
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

Msradell the spire atop One WTC is also an antenna. Broadcasting equipment will be attached to it similar to how the Empire State Building.
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:59 PM   #3467
jeroentje22
1 WTC IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 20

No.
Their won't be any equipment attached to the spire.
They have 3 giant communication rings for that.
If they would attach communication equipment to the spire, it wouldn't be a spire, but an antenna. That would mean that the symbolic height of 1776 feet will be invalid, and then the tower would be 1368 feet.
So it isn't an antenna, but a SPIRE!!!!

wtcforever liked this post
jeroentje22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:22 PM   #3468
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroentje22 View Post
No.
Their won't be any equipment attached to the spire.
They have 3 giant communication rings for that.
If they would attach communication equipment to the spire, it wouldn't be a spire, but an antenna. That would mean that the symbolic height of 1776 feet will be invalid, and then the tower would be 1368 feet.
So it isn't an antenna, but a SPIRE!!!!
Christ, how many times do we have to go over this? It will have equipment attached to it. I don't know why people think that line of sight dishes on the communication rings are going to replace normal transmitters towards the middle-top of the spire.

L.A.F.2., A.J.B 22, Sirius2.0 liked this post
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:23 PM   #3469
jeroentje22

If they will attach equipment to the spire, it wouldn't count with the official height.
And they have 3 massive communication rings, and on the top ring, there can be antennas installed.
The spire is purely decorational/symbolic. It doesnt have a real function.
The communication rings can carry 2 times as much equipment then the spire.
The doubt wether it would be a spire or an antenna, was because of the cancelling of the radome. On every rendering of tower 1, you see a clean spire, but 3 full comm. rings. Search on google for 1 wtc spire and you will see a clean spire and 3 full comm. rings

Last edited by jeroentje22; January 2nd, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:42 PM   #3470
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:50 PM   #3471
jeroentje22

but back on topic, when will they resume vertical construction? will it take some months or just a few weeks?
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:33 PM   #3472
weidncol

It will take a few months before any construction will continue.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:28 PM   #3473
twintowers2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

what i beleve is that 2 & 3 should have been the Twin towers and 1 wtc 50 stories high but i guess you cant always get what you need to fill the hole in your heart, but at least its not as big a hole as it once was
twintowers2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:32 PM   #3474
weidncol

I like the new complex the way it is. It may not be what it was before, but it's still better than nothing and it will grow on people just like the old complex did.

Sirius2.0 liked this post
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:41 PM   #3475
twintowers2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
I like the new complex the way it is. It may not be what it was before, but it's still better than nothing and it will grow on people just like the old complex did.
thats true and this building will be a stunna in its own right mabe better than even 1 wtc 2 wtc is cool too exellent design. durst be damned 1 wtc could have been much better and they need to clean it. man i thought buildings in Portland were dirty

A.J.B 22 liked this post
twintowers2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:35 PM   #3476
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4606

Manhattan office leasing sets a record
Leases were signed for 12.7 million square feet in the fourth quarter, up from 5.8 million a year earlier, Studley said in a report

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/140109989

Quote:
Large deals such as Citigroup's 2.6 million-square-foot renewal at 388 and 390 Greenwich St. in lower Manhattan led the growth.
Photo: Buck Ennis
(Bloomberg) -- Manhattan office leasing climbed to a record in the fourth quarter, driven by large agreements by companies such as Citigroup Inc. seeking cost-effective real estate, according to brokerage Studley Inc.
Leases were signed for 12.7 million square feet, up from 5.8 million a year earlier, Studley said in a draft report. Citigroup's 2.6 million-square-foot renewal at 388 and 390 Greenwich St. in lower Manhattan was the largest deal. The three next-biggest transactions also were downtown, a sign that large space users are capitalizing on that area's lower prices and government incentives, said Steven Coutts, Studley's vice president for research.
While the leasing numbers were inflated by big deals, the largest and most expensive U.S. office market is still recovering from the blows dealt by the financial meltdown of 2008. Banks and securities firms are seeking to downsize to control costs amid tighter regulation. Growing technology and media companies are filling much of the vacuum, challenging landlords to adapt to a more diverse market, Mr. Coutts said.
"Manhattan's core office-space users—major banks, law firms and a wide range of professional and business services—remain focused on containing costs," Mr. Coutts said in an email. "Making space work harder is becoming more widespread."
Manhattan's office availability rate—which measures empty space and offices scheduled to become vacant in the next 12 months—was 12.2%, unchanged from a year earlier. That indicates the fourth-quarter's leasing, the highest in Studley records dating to 1995, did little to tighten the market. The rate reached 13.8% in the middle of 2009.
Rising rents

Rents sought by landlords averaged $63.04 a square foot in the fourth quarter, a 10.6% jump from the end of 2012.
Midtown rents averaged $72.32 a square foot, up 8% in a year. Downtown rents surged 19% to $52.27. In the area known as midtown south—roughly between 30th and Canal streets—rents averaged $65.72, a 5% increase.
Lower-priced space was the most sought after in the fourth quarter and last year, with tenants attracted to downtown and aggressively priced vacancies on Midtown's Avenue of the Americas, Mr. Coutts said. As those spaces were leased, offices that came onto the market tended to be higher priced, boosting average asking rents, he said.
Hines, developer of the 30-story Henry Cobb-designed tower known as 7 Bryant Park, is seeking about $125 a square foot for offices, according to Studley. Boston Properties Inc. also wants more than $100 a square foot at 250 West 55th St., its new 1 million-square-foot tower on Midtown's west side, the brokerage said.
GroupM, CME

The other three big lower Manhattan leases in the fourth quarter included GroupM's 516,000 square feet at 3 World Trade Center, a Silverstein Properties Inc. tower that's in the first stages of construction, and CME Group Inc's sale and 449,000-square-foot leaseback of the Nymex Building. The law firm Jones Day took 330,000 square feet at Brookfield Place New York, the former World Financial Center, where Brookfield Office Properties Inc. has more than 2 million square feet of former Merrill Lynch & Co. space to rent.
Those deals bode well for lower Manhattan, which has a 14.9% availability rate, and a 20.6% rate for top- quality Class A offices, Mr. Coutts said.
He is projecting "continued momentum" for the World Trade Center and Brookfield Place, as well as Related Co.'s Hudson Yards project on Midtown's far west side.
"As these projects approach delivery, the concrete advantages they provide will become more tangible," Mr. Coutts said in his email. With the rent differential between downtown and Midtown, "there is a significant upgrade in quality for those moving to lower Manhattan, as well as the potential for incentives that reduce effective rent."

For the year, Manhattan leasing totaled 34.7 million square feet, the most since 2000. By Studley's measure, the borough has 432.2 million square feet of offices.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:58 PM   #3477
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

wow........

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

Zaz965 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:03 PM   #3478
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Wow. So NOW they sign the lease. It's going to be weeks or even months before construction starts again.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:31 PM   #3479
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

Construction could resume in 1-2 months I think. 30 Park Place restarted fairly quick once it received its financing. I'm sure Silverstein Properties alerted the general contractor quietly that a lease was imminent. So a lot of things were probably in motion for sometime.

If something holds things up, I think it most likely it'll be the PA's beaucracy in getting the financing backstopping in order.

Still I wouldn't be surprised if some workers started showing up again later this month or February.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM   #3480
Glen Bates

Likes (Received): 29

A good looking building... Going to be one of many in this magnificent complex. - G

Glen Bates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center