daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #3961
Enigmatism415

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastConformist View Post
the NYPD's ludicrous security demands were also a grave error.
Well, we can agree on that point at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkur98 View Post
The next chance for a vote on the 3 World Trade Center proposal is the next Port Authority Board Meeting. That is on May 28.
This might be it.
I wonder if there's anything we can do beforehand to generate more public support and help sway the PA voters...
Enigmatism415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #3962
LastConformist

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLord View Post
You think building residential on this site would be any better, I dont know how many people would want to live on that site given what happen there maybe some where down the block I mean to work is one, thing at the end of the day you can go home.
Yes, a ton of people would live on this site, as they would anywhere else in Manhattan. Tons of people live across the street, within a few blocks, within sight of the memorial, etc. and that's some of the most expensive real estate in the city and the world. I would certainly have no aversion, and nor would most others. Maybe you wouldn't live right at the WTC, but all of the people who live locally certainly disagree, and they pay huge rents or mortgage payments to do it.

A residential building would have been finished and fully occupied at least a year ago. The demand for residential space in Manhattan remains far, far higher than for commercial space.
LastConformist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #3963
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

For those that have been wondering, scaffolding will be needed for both resuming construction or capping the core. WSP Cantor Seinuk, the structural contractor, is moving ahead for preparations of resuming work, whether it is for capping or to build up. WTCC Redevelopment folks at the Port Authority are the few of the many people that want to see this built, but the Board of Commissioners has the ultimate authority to decide the tower's fate.

The next vote is in just 10 days. Hopefully they make the rightful decision, which is to continue construction.
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:40 AM   #3964
Philly Bud
City Of Brotherly Love

Likes (Received): 246

I find the continuing drama about this project ... agonizing!!!

Agonizing I tell you!

j-biz, A.J.B 22 liked this post
Philly Bud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #3965
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
For those that have been wondering, scaffolding will be needed for both resuming construction or capping the core. WSP Cantor Seinuk, the structural contractor, is moving ahead for preparations of resuming work, whether it is for capping or to build up.
Where did you get this information from?
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #3966
weidncol

Otie. He private messaged me it as I was asking about it.

Last edited by weidncol; May 20th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #3967
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

The proceedings is this development are actually comical in a pathetic sort of way.
I have less and less faith all the time that the WTC development will be completed fully with all four towers.
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #3968
weidncol

DannyOcean15
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #3969
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Damn. This tower may be my favorite after 2 WTC and I like 4 WTC lots.

With news of 1 WTC closing in with Hugo Boss along with MediaMath for 4 WTC, this news only helps the argument for 3 WTC to continue going vertical. In a addition to this news, Brookfiled Place is currently in serious negotiations to land Time Inc., Bank of New York and Hudson Bay that would fill up more than 1 millions square feet of space for Brookfield as per nypost article today.

They must allow 3 WTC to go vertical as it is true…if you build it they will come.

Who knows? If 3 WTC was already built, MediaMath may have selected that tower instead, but since it is not ready when they need it to be ready, they must go to a space that is ready for immediate delivery. Delaying this will only hurt the whole WTC complex as a whole.

Firms are now very interested at the complex because they can see the whole area is shaping up. But if this site will remain in flux unfinished then the whole complex will be killing the momentum as the developers will be sending a negative message to prospective tenants.

The PA and Silverstein must not have any setbacks at this critical stage for the whole complex and they must show that they are moving forward to completion.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #3970
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Man the cladding is gorgeous in that photo!
This needs to be built. There is like one reason against building it, and a million reasons for it.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #3971
weidncol

Quote:
Technology company Percolate, a provider of online “content marketing software,” is also in talks for 50,000 square feet at 1 WTC — a negotiation believed to be farther along than for Hugo Boss.
This will bring the complex to 3 new tenants all at the same time.
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #3972
Vertical_Gotham

"Two more buildings to build"

Larry Silverstein, chairman of Silverstein Properties, discusses an upcoming vote by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that would help finance the developer's long-stalled 3 World Trade Center.

Old May 20th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #3973
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNYC View Post
Greedy Larry should build those buildings even without the PA. He already got so much money from insurance etc, it really wouldn't be that hard. But no, even in his 80s he tries to squeeze the PA and others every Penny he can.
Um... if he could have built the buildings without the PA they would be built already.

spectre000 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #3974
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNYC View Post
Greedy Larry should build those buildings even without the PA. He already got so much money from insurance etc, it really wouldn't be that hard. But no, even in his 80s he tries to squeeze the PA and others every Penny he can.
He got $4.5 billion in insurance money back in '06. About half went to the PA to help build 1WTC which they got control of. He used much of the rest for 4WTC and whatever little is left over is for 3WTC. He's also been paying $10 million a month ($120 million a year) in rent on a site he hasn't been able to lease for over ten years.

phoenixboi08 liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #3975
Nonoka

Likes (Received): 254

Speaking of the video, Larry does appear to be highly ambitious about the project and still committed to get the whole thing done as soon as possible - despite all the (seemingly) never-ending setbacks and delays. Not that we didn't know before, but it's nice to have the aspects of financing and the whole project altogether finally explained in Larry's own words, after all the press talk and PA statements in the last couple of months. I genuinely hope Larry gets to see the whole complex completed in his life time (he does seem to be quite fit for 83 though, by the way).

sweet-d liked this post
Nonoka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:16 AM   #3976
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Man the cladding is gorgeous in that photo!
This needs to be built. There is like one reason against building it, and a million reasons for it.
Yeah, but that one reason against building it is money, or rather the lack thereof, and that's a big reason.
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:21 AM   #3977
weidncol

I'm starting to feel the Port Authority will end up siding with, well, pretty much everyone and just give Larry the money to build the tower. They should be even more convinced that the phrase "If you build it, they will come." is holding true since there is currently three private sector tenant negotiations happening right now in the WTC, two of which is in 1 WTC. I suppose I'm just optimistic, though.

citybooster, Tower Dude liked this post
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM   #3978
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
I'm starting to feel the Port Authority will end up siding with, well, pretty much everyone and just give Larry the money to build the tower. They should be even more convinced that the phrase "If you build it, they will come." is holding true since there is currently three private sector tenant negotiations happening right now in the WTC, two of which is in 1 WTC. I suppose I'm just optimistic, though.
I think a better axiom is, "If you don't build it, they [definitely] will not come."

What I haven't head much about is how much of the actual land is owned by The PA and leased and how much they receive in rents (e.g. it's actually wonderful that they've spent as much as they have on the new PATH terminal, since it's an asset that will provide a lot of revenue).

If the PA could do more of this - function as a development arm similar to the HK MTR - then they could rely far less on tolls.
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:40 AM   #3979
Vertical_Gotham

Here's a little something old to get pumped up. I just hope to one day see this whole site completed.

@ Silverstein Properties leasing site:
http://www.wtc.com/

3 WTC Building Facts:
http://www.wtc.com/leasing/leasing-t...building-facts

2 WTC Building Facts:
http://www.wtc.com/leasing/leasing-t...building-facts

citybooster, A.J.B 22 liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:47 AM   #3980
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

It would be so damn depressing if they listen to that idiot on the board so huffy about screwing this project........ the momentum is THERE right now for getting leasings and the PA wins bigger if the tower gets built. Worrying about being stuck holding the bag guaranteeing the loan? Well you won't have to if you all at the PA move your asses and get this going.... Silverstein is 83, and has a bigtime incentive to get things finished before he is!!!!!!!!!

weidncol, A.J.B 22 liked this post
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center