daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM   #6101
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50825

Downtown Manhattan helicopter view by Matias A. Suárez, on Flickr

rockinmoz, lwetli, gaab1972, hunser, DubaiM and 4 others liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #6102
Kykuit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
Well there you have it, the EPITOME of Boxy buildings, LITERALLY, BOXES!!!

Really hate to say this, but this is the least attractive Box among the other boxes in NYC. I hope the city can learn from Chinese cities and tolerate more creative designs.

Lol!! here is the most insane quote I have read for months on SSC!
New York having to learn from Ugly chinese cities it's like Schwarzenegger teaching acting to Bob De Niro or Kim Kardashian counseling Charlize Theron on elegance!..NY is undoubtedly the meca of modern and contemporary architecture and it's a lifetime accomplishment for every architect to built there.
Be happy to live in beautiful Los Angeles and give NY a break!..but if you are so delighted and fascinated by Chinese cities I guess you should get a direct flight from LAX..

redspork02 liked this post
Kykuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #6103
karimbo

Likes (Received): 76

Any news of when the SW crane will be installed? And will the white crane be dismanteled just after that?

Does anyone know when they will pour concrete on the "terrasse" of the podium, the part on the west side that has "topped" ?

Will the concrete core of the building shrink in size as the building gets taller? Or will stay the same while the floors will shrink in surface?

Sooooo many questions...
karimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #6104
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

New crane will be coming this week and yes, the core will get smaller after every setback.
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #6105
sveknu

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kykuit View Post
New York having to learn from Ugly chinese cities it's like Schwarzenegger teaching acting to Bob De Niro or Kim Kardashian counseling Charlize Theron on elegance!..NY is undoubtedly the meca of modern and contemporary architecture and it's a lifetime accomplishment for every architect to built there.
Be happy to live in beautiful Los Angeles and give NY a break!..but if you are so delighted and fascinated by Chinese cities I guess you should get a direct flight from LAX..
If NYC is the mecca of modern and contemporary architecture, it's not because of the new WTC. Arguably the most important site in the whole city with the most potential, and it has turned into a mostly boring group of boxes. You could look to a city like Shanghai to find more innovative designs.
sveknu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #6106
wilfred267

Likes (Received): 72

[QUOTE=sveknu;125701907]If NYC is the mecca of modern and contemporary architecture, it's not because of the new WTC. Arguably the most important site in the whole city with the most potential, and it has turned into a mostly boring group of boxes. You could look to a city like Shanghai to find more innovative designs.

Derailing the thread!!!!!
wilfred267 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #6107
Kykuit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveknu View Post
If NYC is the mecca of modern and contemporary architecture, it's not because of the new WTC. Arguably the most important site in the whole city with the most potential, and it has turned into a mostly boring group of boxes. You could look to a city like Shanghai to find more innovative designs.

Lol!Shanghai!:Land of organic design!What kind of striking architecture do we have in Pudong?..Let's say a bottle opener(Shanghai WFC),a cup-and-ball game(Oriental Pearl Tower),a toilet brush(Jin Mao tower)and a giant horse ....(Shanghai tower)
Form follows fonction and boxy towers are the most efficient;also,the Seagram building is considered by many as one of the most beautiful and unique piece of architecture on earth.God bless NY beautiful boxes!!
Old July 20th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #6108
wtcforever
higher than 1wtc

Likes (Received): 684

from WTCProgress
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #6109
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
And this is for me the most insane quote I have read for months on SSC.

Quote:
Lol!Shanghai!:Land of organic design!What kind of striking architecture do we have in Pudong?..Let's say a bottle opener(Shanghai WFC),a cup-and-ball game(Oriental Pearl Tower),a toilet brush(Jin Mao tower)and a giant horse ....(Shanghai tower)
Form follows fonction and boxy towers are the most efficient;also,the Seagram building is considered by many as one of the most beautiful and unique piece of architecture on earth.God bless NY beautiful boxes!!
Have you written the name of the certain buildings in brackets behind your comparisons, because you know how dumb they are and you fear, that others are not able to combine your comparisons with the meant towers? For your confirmation: I have no idea in which universe the Shanghai Tower looks like a horse.

NateArchibald liked this post

Last edited by DubaiM; July 20th, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:34 PM   #6110
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1556

Quote:
How ******* dare you refer to Jin Mao Tower as a toilet brush you myopic simpleton.

Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #6111
Kykuit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
And this is for me the most insane quote I have read for months on SSC.

Have you written the name of the certain buildings in brackets behind your comparisons, because you know how dumb they are and you fear, that others are not able to combine your comparisons with the meant towers? For your confirmation: I have no idea in which universe the Shanghai Tower looks like a horse.

Dubai/Shanghai: same architectural garbage for tasteless people..I can understand my quote makes you angry as you know I am right!
Also,you are not very smart and everybody but you understood :"giant horse's d..."
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #6112
Kykuit
BANNED

Old July 20th, 2015, 11:56 PM   #6113
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3592

Holy shit guys. After more than a decade, we're finally seeing this tower rise, and seeing the first expression of the cross-bracing, its defining feature, for the very first time -- and instead of commenting on any of that you're opting to clog the thread with a bunch of city-vs-city bullshit nonsense?

Shut. Up.
Old July 21st, 2015, 12:41 AM   #6114
Kykuit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Holy shit guys. After more than a decade, we're finally seeing this tower rise, and seeing the first expression of the cross-bracing, its defining feature, for the very first time -- and instead of commenting on any of that you're opting to clog the thread with a bunch of city-vs-city bullshit nonsense?

Shut. Up.
Not really a defining feature anymore as most of the original bracing is gone.
...more like a gimmick I would say.
About the out topic,i do agree of course but the question is: why do some people come regularly on NY's forum to glorify ugly chinese or middle eastern cities ??
Old July 21st, 2015, 03:39 PM   #6115
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50825

IMG_0164 by Dave Mayfield, on Flickr

Three World Trade Center by Billie Ward, on Flickr
Old July 21st, 2015, 04:56 PM   #6116
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Dubai/Shanghai: same architectural garbage for tasteless people..I can understand my quote makes you angry as you know I am right!
Also,you are not very smart and everybody but you understood :"giant horse's d..."
I am losing faith in humanity by reading posts like this. How should you know if I am smart or not? You must have a wild phantasy in your brain....a horses d*ck...omg

Kykuit liked this post

Last edited by DubaiM; July 21st, 2015 at 05:08 PM.
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 05:04 PM   #6117
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post

Shut. Up.
The thing you learn to do in any WTC is just add people to your ignore list and carry on...Something about this development just makes people complete idiots.

Anyways, is the base still to be operational - at some point - during construction? Or have they decided to not do that since they found a tenant?
Old July 21st, 2015, 05:05 PM   #6118
Jordan Tan

Likes (Received): 824

nyc need more than one building like this... this structure bring back nyc in the same league with asian futuristic buildings...

Old July 21st, 2015, 06:45 PM   #6119
Kykuit
BANNED

[QUOTE=Jordan Tan;125724814]nyc need more than one building like this... this structure bring back nyc in the same league with asian futuristic buildings...

....should i cry or should i laugh?..

more seriously:

From kznyc2k on Skyscraperpage(great angle!..the reflection on tower four is just sublime!)

Last edited by Kykuit; July 21st, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:38 PM   #6120
JBGC117

Likes (Received): 55

this guy is very annoying...
Who does he think he is?
he is unable to understand that beauty is subjective, he believes that his opinion is more important than the other, But, unfortunately for him, most of the forum members think differently than him ...

JBGC117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center