daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #661
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Um, unless I'm being thick, surely it can't be entirely Silverstein's fault? He's not the architect. He/ his company might say 'I don't like this' but surely Roger n Co. are directly responsible for the changes? I'm not defending the guy, I barely know who he is. I just know he's not the architect. I say 'know'. You'll probably tell me he has had a large hand in the plans now.
Yeah, you're right..But Larry probably started all this..He's the boss..Roger just did what Larry wanted..Because of cost? I wish we could now..I watched those new renders and compared them to the old ones..It's very confusing..They changed renders and left the old floor plans..It's impossible to find put anything useful..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #662
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

You should be glad, Larry doing everything in his power, to keep this building alive.
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #663
Torch

Likes (Received): 1015

Man that is annoying!
For what are Libeskinds plans, or the individual tower designs by the star architects good for?! One design change at WTC 2 and they could just use the early and boring plans from 2002.
Torch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #664
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Man that is annoying!
For what are Libeskinds plans, or the individual tower designs by the star architects good for?! One design change at WTC 2 and they could just use the early and boring plans from 2002.
Sadly, until construction on the above ground structure of towers 2 and 3 begins, we can't be certain of anything. In the current stage Larry can make all the changes he wants to, to those buildings. Therefore what will be built there could in fact be so different from the currently released renderings that we won't even recognize that it should have been the towers from our renderings
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #665
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

You guys shouldn't be worried, if plans haven't changed before Tower 2 a 3 began foundations, the structural frame will be the same as shown on architect's renders. Only aesthetic elements such as screens or even the glass can change once the foundation is done. Although it is possible an alteration to the horizontal design (e.g. a decrease or an increase of the height), it's very unlikely once the tower has leased space and enough money to build it. Of course this isn't the case of 175GS, since it was structuraly redesigned before the work began.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #666
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
You guys shouldn't be worried, if plans haven't changed before Tower 2 a 3 began foundations, the structural frame will be the same as shown on architect's renders. Only aesthetic elements such as screens or even the glass can change once the foundation is done. Although it is possible an alteration to the horizontal design (e.g. a decrease or an increase of the height), it's very unlikely once the tower has leased space and enough money to build it. Of course this isn't the case of 175GS, since it was structuraly redesigned before the work began.
So it isn't possible to reshape a building into a different shape when the foundations are already built?
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #667
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
So it isn't possible to reshape a building into a different shape when the foundations are already built?
In short words, It can't get thicker or slimmer, but it can get taller or shorter.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #668
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
In short words, It can't get thicker or slimmer, but it can get taller or shorter.
So the changes could actually be good. Larry's WTC buildings are, in my opinion, too small. It would be awesome if they increased their height. Though that all depends on how fortunate Larry will be at tenant harvesting cause this isn't in Dubai or in China, in NY skyscrapers aren't built as trophies of wealth.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #669
Hull

Likes (Received): 15

It's a lot easier to decrease the height than increase it, especially when the foundations are poured etc. If the building gets taller the building requires more support and enforcement. Therefore the changes structurally would probably be too significant at this stage to make the building taller.
Hull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #670
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull View Post
It's a lot easier to decrease the height than increase it, especially when the foundations are poured etc. If the building gets taller the building requires more support and enforcement. Therefore the changes structurally would probably be too significant at this stage to make the building taller.
That's bad news But thanks for the info
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #671
SJM

Likes (Received): 119

Considering they got rid of the x's they should also get rid of the side ones too, it looks even more weird now. Least keep a clean look.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #672
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
they wouldnt have changed the height anyways because it would ruin the deacreasing/increasing "spiral" effect of the full complex.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #673
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
they wouldnt have changed the height anyways because it would ruin the deacreasing/increasing "spiral" effect of the full complex.
Well, I never liked that spiral effect. In my opinion they should have not built 4WTC and instead they should have made 2WTC and 3WTC as tall as 1WTC.
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #674
Kanto
Roof height crusader

We are under attack by a mass spammer! Mod reinforcements are required!
Old June 27th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #675
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
So the changes could actually be good. Larry's WTC buildings are, in my opinion, too small. It would be awesome if they increased their height. Though that all depends on how fortunate Larry will be at tenant harvesting cause this isn't in Dubai or in China, in NY skyscrapers aren't built as trophies of wealth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull View Post
Quote:
Static is calculated that way so they can add some height if they need/want to..But not too much..Depends on weight..If you add full floors, that probably won't be a lot of them..But if you add some smaller floors or some crown or spire, they can add probably 1/3 of the building without problem..The point is that static is never calculated to the maximum..There's always room for more..Only depends on what you want to add up there..
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #676
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

in that case, how many floors (same size as the higher floors of the tower) could possibly be added to this tower if cost wasnt an issue?
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #677
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

I've never been keen on 3WTC but I'm gonna dislike it even more now that the bracings got removed...to me they got rid of the stuff which actually made that building distinctive & "okay"...

Last edited by Jex7844; June 28th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #678
DinoVabec
Worldwide

June 26th, Potapesco, Skyscraperpage..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #679
DinoVabec
Worldwide

June 28th, Potapesco, Skyscraperpage..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #680
Martijn1
Martijn1

Likes (Received): 732

Question: I am wandering, watching all photos of the contstruction of WTC 1-4, are the individual buildings going to be connected underground? Through parkingspaces or shops or both? And do they all come out on the subway stations beneath?
Martijn1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center