daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2017, 04:44 PM   #8761
raider12

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post
another " likes " your Great photo Post Streeeeeeeeeeeeeet , THE TOP 50 list Of likes " HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY " From us great ssc members for over 12 years, " WE GAVE TOO MANY " likes away
been here Over 12 years , and my # 1 website I always and forever loved, just last month, took my likes to give my Over 3,575 SSC Friends and Moderators who all wanted all the "likes" I gave them and thanked and wanted more, but Jan had let me down , such a shame on Father's Day.
I on this beautiful Sunday :pray: for you Jan, Thanks Jan, Our SSC Chief of Operations and Founder of our almost 15 Years SkyScraperCity dot com , where I never been banned and always and Forever read all His SSC Rules and Obey them, he did not even give me a warning, and I did not do anything wrong, and There are No limits of anything in any of His Rules, so Why Jan ?? !
Chuck, that's ridiculous man. No matter, there's ways around their childish behavior like quoting your posts and telling you straight out we like 'em

cnbnca liked this post
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #8762
Amecurty

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider12 View Post
no, he meant from that angle i believe
Oh.. got my hopes up for nothing xD.
Ty
Amecurty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #8763
Lt. H Caine

Likes (Received): 4663

Lower Manhattan 4468 by Danny Wild, on Flickr
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #8764
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50718

En construcción by Montse, on Flickr
Old June 26th, 2017, 01:41 AM   #8765
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

" Likes ", sorry Oasis- Bangkok, No more likes to give you, I went My Limit, but anyway, Beautiful photos in all your Great SSC Posts, thanks for being one of my 3,590 Friends,
So Very well appreciated !! Thanks , Chuck

P.S. Oasis-Bangkok, My/Our SSC Brothers , Sisters and SSC Friends , I just noticed Your Beautiful and Great SSC Photo there. Maybe by September 11th, 2026, 9/11 " 25th Anniversary of Ground ZERO
that empty spot there to the Right top Next to the Left of Our Freedom Tower of your Center of that Beautiful Photo will be the Completed near taller than WTC # 3, Tower # 2 Will be completed as Planned , soon, remember also the Foundation Of WTC # 2 is already there and completed for the Draft shaft pouring when the construction crews move out of there,

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; June 26th, 2017 at 01:54 AM.
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #8766
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 25032

H Katz

James Ayala

Eddie Rodriguez

Thomas D Mørkeberg

Harryx5, prageethSL, gaab1972, Eddie55, McSky and 10 others liked this post

Last edited by streetscapeer; June 26th, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
streetscapeer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 12:38 AM   #8767
Nuwanda

Likes (Received): 341

wow, the daytime shot across Brooklyn is fantastic. Love seeing foreground context like that.
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #8768
streetscapeer
hmmm......

The daytime shot (the 3rd shot) is from somewhere in Jersey actually... but I agree with you

Nuwanda, phoenixboi08 liked this post
streetscapeer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #8769
Nuwanda

Likes (Received): 341

Damn, yes. The ESB is at left. Completely missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscapeer View Post
The daytime shot (the 3rd shot) is from somewhere in Jersey actually... but I agree with you
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:29 AM   #8770
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22517

what a shame that 2 WTC will block most of 1 WTC from this angle Thats the negative which Foster's and BIG's share in common because of the tower's placement. At least 3 WTC looks great from here. It'll look even better with the side bracing lit after those god awful construction lights go off. Why aren't Silverstein and the PA doing anything about that again? The completed towers look incomplete every night because of it...

Brooklyn Bridge at Night by Ildiko Annable, on Flickr

Last edited by Hudson11; June 28th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.
Hudson11 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 02:41 AM   #8771
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
what a shame that 2 WTC will block most of 1 WTC from this angle Thats the negative which Foster's and BIG's share in common because of the tower's placement. At least 3 WTC looks great from here. It'll look even better with the side bracing lit after those god awful construction lights go off. Why aren't Silverstein and the PA doing anything about that again? The completed towers look incomplete every night because of it...
At least Foster's tower was gorgeous so it was never a negative that it would block out 1 WTC from some angles. That particular angle would have showcased the slant of Foster's diamonds and the indent on the eastern side of the tower. BIG's on the other hand...

3 WTC does look pretty nice from there though.
scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 03:11 AM   #8772
baronson

Likes (Received): 713

BIG's tower is more visually appealing to the BK side to me. I think at a certain angle, you can see the steps of 2WTC rise to just the upper floors of One WTC and its spire.

It was the opposite with Foster's tower, as the diamonds obviously faced Jersey. Those would have looked nice lit up.

But anyway they are taking their time on the other fins for 3WTC. From what I can see on Earthcam.
baronson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 06:01 AM   #8773
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1153

The BIG design totally doesn´t compliment the rest of the WTC, it just sticks out and yells for attention, IMO. Fosters design made sense, it glued wtc 3 and 4 with wtc1 to create a coherent skyline look. The diamonds facing to the memorial and being a nice detail to mark the corner of church and vesey street. BIG´s design has some nice features, but the location is so wrong. The overall massing, the stupid marketing of "tribeca blocks" stacked on top of each other etc. It´s just awful. His Via57 has a simmilar attention seeking design within the skyline context. The pictures taken from the Jersey side of the Hudson really smack the pyramid in your face and distract from the rest of the coherently appealing skyline. I just hope that there is a way to avoid his tower 2 design to happen.
Old June 28th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #8774
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronson View Post
BIG's tower is more visually appealing to the BK side to me. I think at a certain angle, you can see the steps of 2WTC rise to just the upper floors of One WTC and its spire.

It was the opposite with Foster's tower, as the diamonds obviously faced Jersey. Those would have looked nice lit up.

But anyway they are taking their time on the other fins for 3WTC. From what I can see on Earthcam.
To each their own. Personally I liked that Foster's tower gave the Brooklyn side the highest part of the building. You would have still been able to see the slant of the diamonds at least and I like that the roof of that design converged into the NE corner of the complex.
scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 03:07 AM   #8775
baronson

Likes (Received): 713

Overall of course I'd like the Foster version to be built. But I can accept BIGs version.

The really sore point for the BIG version of 2WTC is the affect it had on 3WTC's spires. Now that we see how great 3WTC's cross bracing shines in the sunset, it's a shame to have lost them. Really would have made the building more interesting and taller looking.

Last edited by baronson; June 29th, 2017 at 03:53 AM.
baronson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #8776
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Old June 29th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #8777
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

that is sexy. The best part is the side braces will continue to 'glow' into the night. Now if only Durst were to permanently fix Tower 1's spire and beacon.
Old June 30th, 2017, 04:19 AM   #8778
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

The side bracing (esp when lit up at night) is by far my favorite part of 3WTC and saved it from banality imo.

Zaz965 liked this post
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM   #8779
goodybear

Likes (Received): 687

Why is there white (scaffolding I assume) going up around parts of the spire on One WTC? Are they cleaning the metal or adding radio/TV transmission equipment? Or are they adding the radome in secret? Good to see the cladding nearly finished on this building, it's looking fabulous! Now just waiting to see 2 WTC rise in the hopefully near future.

Edit:Thank you Hudson 11 for answring my question. However, now I am seriously annoyed that they did not cover the whole spire in the nice original radome, since now it just looks ugly with parts in white and parts in grey. I do hope that possibly they cover up the whole spire as it was envisioned by the architect when the new complex is complete.

Last edited by goodybear; July 1st, 2017 at 04:30 PM.
goodybear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #8780
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodybear View Post
Why is there white (scaffolding I assume) going up around parts of the spire on One WTC? Are they cleaning the metal or adding radio/TV transmission equipment? Or are they adding the radome in secret? Good to see the cladding nearly finished on this building, it's looking fabulous! Now just waiting to see 2 WTC rise in the hopefully near future.
I believe it is a radome material to protect the recently installed communications equipment. Not the aesthetically pleasing radome envisioned by Childs, but one more akin to what you see on other antennas perched on top of tall buildings.

i.e.

Last edited by Hudson11; June 30th, 2017 at 07:50 PM.

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center