daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #881
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

^Solution to your problem: stop giving a damn what other people think. The only thing that matters is your enjoyment.

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #882
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
On the WTC site they won't, but one day they could be built the way they were on another site in NY or in another US city (I hope Phoenix).
I think you think to highly of Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
5WTC is still up in the air. Something will get built there, but the city wants a mixed-use tower, while the PA wants all office space. The city doesn't really have any authority to tell another government agency to do something, so unless the city wants to make a big political stink, the PA can go ahead with its own plans.

However, I wouldn't expect any construction on the site until at least 2020.
Only way there would be a political fallout, is if the governor of NJ put his 2 cents in.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #883
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Bloomberg has a lot of pull in some quarters. I don't think the PA is going to antagonize him, however, I don't think Bloomberg particularly cares what goes up so long as something gets built.

My personal prediction is for another office building, but I have no inside view.
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #884
abuabu

Likes (Received): 3

maybe just maybe there waiting to see what chicago is going to build to beat 1 wtc in height and then after build 5 wtc to be even taller. i know this is a pipe dream but that would be sweeeeet.
abuabu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #885
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
Bloomberg has a lot of pull in some quarters. I don't think the PA is going to antagonize him, however, I don't think Bloomberg particularly cares what goes up so long as something gets built.

My personal prediction is for another office building, but I have no inside view.
Maybe it might be good to use the space for a supertall instead of a 200+ highrise. From what I've heared demand for top class office space is growing. besides, for now there will be pretty much space to meet this demand with Larry having two more huge towers ready to go. I can imagine that for the next years, the WTC even without 5WTC will have enough space, but one day they will run out of space, then I think comes the time for 5WTC. I think waiting for that day is a better idea than building something small just to fill that empty space, after all, empty land in highly demanded urban areas is a true treasure from what I know
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #886
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

@STR, what do have as the roof height now? I recall you saying something like 1087' right?

@Kanto. Come one now man. How could people ignore 3 and 4? They're needed for that spiral effect to reach 1's pinnacle.

@Everyone. I think I like this new design and how it works with the site. It gives the site a more uniform appearance. And also, it is now approximately 200 feet from 4WTC, to 3WTC, to 2WTC, before soaring 400 feet to 1's spire. Before, the difference between 2 and 3 was kind of small while leaving 4 alone. Now that 3 is closer the average height of the two of them, it'll look more like stepping stones
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #887
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Maybe it might be good to use the space for a supertall instead of a 200+ highrise. From what I've heared demand for top class office space is growing. besides, for now there will be pretty much space to meet this demand with Larry having two more huge towers ready to go. I can imagine that for the next years, the WTC even without 5WTC will have enough space, but one day they will run out of space, then I think comes the time for 5WTC. I think waiting for that day is a better idea than building something small just to fill that empty space, after all, empty land in highly demanded urban areas is a true treasure from what I know
Yes, but don't forget about other office towers which will go up any time now..Like Hudson yards, Brooklyn, Pen Plaza, etc..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #888
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
@STR, what do have as the roof height now? I recall you saying something like 1087' right?
Main roof is at 1,042'/317.7m, with fins extending to 1,073'/327.1m
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #889
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Yes, but don't forget about other office towers which will go up any time now..Like Hudson yards, Brooklyn, Pen Plaza, etc..
Yup, that pushes the need for 5WTC even further in the future. Economy booms come and go, economy depressions come and go, I think it would be wise to keep that space empty 'til the next economic boom, then build there a megatall (2000ft+). As I said earlier, empty land in such a location is way too valuable to fill it with something just for the sake of something standing there
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #890
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuabu View Post
maybe just maybe there waiting to see what chicago is going to build to beat 1 wtc in height and then after build 5 wtc to be even taller. i know this is a pipe dream but that would be sweeeeet.
There won't be a WTC building, in NYC taller than 1WTC. No matter what they building Chicago. The might build a tower taller at the Hudson yard, downtown Brooklyn or Long Island City but not at the WTC.

Damn Dino. I didn't even read your post, before I posted mines lol.
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #891
SebaFun
Sebastian

Likes (Received): 16361

Anyway, a little higher or lower has a clean design and elegant.

I love this tower, doing well in the area, and work progress are good.
Soon we will hover above the ground level.

I Love USA
SebaFun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #892
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
There won't be a WTC building, in NYC taller than 1WTC. No matter what they building Chicago. The might build a tower taller at the Hudson yard, downtown Brooklyn or Long Island City but not at the WTC.

Damn Dino. I didn't even read your post, before I posted mines lol.
Oh, I wouldn't be that certain. What will be built there will be built according to demand. If demand will be very high we might very well see a 2000ft+ tower on that site.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #893
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Yup, you're right. Just keep thinking that.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #894
kingsc

Quote:
Oh, I wouldn't be that certain. What will be built there will be built according to demand. If demand will be very high we might very well see a 2000ft+ tower on that site.
Wrong that's never going to happen never! If anything 5 WTC will be taller than 7WTC and slightly shorter than 4WTC. 1WTC will be the tallest building NYC, with the name World Trade Center on it.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #895
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

The PA set a preliminary program of around 900 feet tall at most, and about 1.5 million square feet of rent-able space for the 5 World Trade site. Whatever rises on site 5 will not exceed those numbers. Period.

Last edited by STR; July 26th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #896
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Let the kid dream if he wants to, but it bothers me that he has to vent everything on his mind, giving some people false hopes.
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #897
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 29141

WTC5 is also last in line to be built, I guess?
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #898
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Why couldn't they just build back the Deutsche Bank Building?
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #899
kingsc

for the same reason they didn't, building back the twin towers. Plus why would they rebuild the deutsche bank?
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #900
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmanjr View Post
Let the kid dream if he wants to, but it bothers me that he has to vent everything on his mind, giving some people false hopes.
Well, and it bothers me that you use every opportunity to attack me

Seriously folks, you really think that in, let's say 50 or 100 years 1WTC will still be the tallest in NY? I mean, that's kinda ridiculous

Tags
new york, silverstein, supertall, world trade center