daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #2081
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis
 
OnePointWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York,New York
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 1128

2017 the latest
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #2082
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5334

Of course there is a change it won't be completed by then, which would be very bad.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #2083
chris123678
Registered User
 
chris123678's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 545
Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
There's no chance tower 2 won't be completed in 2020. I think it will be completed sometimes in 2016, 2017, maybe 2018
No chance? The way things are going, there's a chance that it might not be completed until then
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #2084
oli83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Munich
Posts: 1,684
Likes (Received): 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
There's no chance tower 2 won't be completed in 2020. I think it will be completed sometimes in 2016, 2017, maybe 2018
I understand that you really want to see this tower completed (same for me), but don't spread wrong information. At the moment there is no guarantee that the site will look different from now in 2020, despite all our hopes..
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2085
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

It is probable that 3WTC will continue rising without being on hold (I dunno, but why else would they order already now the manufacture of steel for the entire building ). Iirc 1WTC is about 2/3 leased and 4WTC is about 1/2 leased (though I could be wrong ) 3 years after they were stumps. If 2WTC will get tenants comparably to towers 1 and 4 then I can imagine construction continuation starting in 2013-2015. This is nothing more than a guess, but I think it has a solid probability
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #2086
msquaredb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 579
Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
It is probable that 3WTC will continue rising without being on hold (I dunno, but why else would they order already now the manufacture of steel for the entire building ). Iirc 1WTC is about 2/3 leased and 4WTC is about 1/2 leased (though I could be wrong ) 3 years after they were stumps. If 2WTC will get tenants comparably to towers 1 and 4 then I can imagine construction continuation starting in 2013-2015. This is nothing more than a guess, but I think it has a solid probability
For all you know all the other towers will be filled and 2WTC will never find a tenant. The occupation of of the other towers does not cause 2WTC to obtain a tenant. No causal relationship is present although you imply one. Does it make it more likely? Maybe. What if all the large tenants look at Hudson Yards and Brookfield Properties instead? What if a new development is proposed that, in combination with Hudson Yards and Brookfield, continues to offer office space alternatives to 2WTC?

msquaredb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2087
yankeesfan1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredb View Post
For all you know all the other towers will be filled and 2WTC will never find a tenant. The occupation of of the other towers does not cause 2WTC to obtain a tenant. No causal relationship is present although you imply one. Does it make it more likely? Maybe. What if all the large tenants look at Hudson Yards and Brookfield Properties instead? What if a new development is proposed that, in combination with Hudson Yards and Brookfield, continues to offer office space alternatives to 2WTC?

Not true. The companies Silverstein is courting to anchor this tower need at least 1 million square feet, and there are apparently 8-12 companies looking for at least that much space in Manhattan for starters, so they can't all go to the Hudson Yards and Brookfield.

Second, say News Corp anchors tower 3 and takes 1.5 million square feet, there would be 1.3 million square feet available, but say UBS wants to move into a new building ASAP, the WTC is their best option because it's so much further along in terms of construction. But they need 1.5 million square feet, they would anchor this tower, tower 2, because that much space isn't available at tower 3, and tower 1 and 4 don't have trading floors.

Third, about the trading floors, if say UBS anchors tower 3 they would take the trading floors, that makes that tower largely uninhabitable to other large financial institutions that require trading floors. So a Credit Suisse would likely have to look elsewhere. There's clearly a link between all the towers, tenant wise.

And without getting too much into it, the WTC has a couple of big advantages. First it's already U/C so the tenants can move in sooner than anywhere else. Second is the neighborhood. The area around the Hudson Yards and Brookfield is a dump. If all goes well by 2020 it'll be very nice, but that's a big if when you're talking about a Credit Suisse moving its NA HQ, 1.25 million sf of office space, and committing to say a 20 year lease. If for whatever reason that area never lives up to expectation, Credit Suisse is in a real tough spot. Lastly, some of these big firms do prefer name brand addresses, and the WTC about as well known as possible, and was well before 9/11. The Hudson Yards might be that in a decade, but again, that's a big if.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #2088
msquaredb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 579
Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Not true. The companies Silverstein is courting to anchor this tower need at least 1 million square feet, and there are apparently 8-12 companies looking for at least that much space in Manhattan for starters, so they can't all go to the Hudson Yards and Brookfield.

Second, say News Corp anchors tower 3 and takes 1.5 million square feet, there would be 1.3 million square feet available, but say UBS wants to move into a new building ASAP, the WTC is their best option because it's so much further along in terms of construction. But they need 1.5 million square feet, they would anchor this tower, tower 2, because that much space isn't available at tower 3, and tower 1 and 4 don't have trading floors.

Third, about the trading floors, if say UBS anchors tower 3 they would take the trading floors, that makes that tower largely uninhabitable to other large financial institutions that require trading floors. So a Credit Suisse would likely have to look elsewhere. There's clearly a link between all the towers, tenant wise.

And without getting too much into it, the WTC has a couple of big advantages. First it's already U/C so the tenants can move in sooner than anywhere else. Second is the neighborhood. The area around the Hudson Yards and Brookfield is a dump. If all goes well by 2020 it'll be very nice, but that's a big if when you're talking about a Credit Suisse moving its NA HQ, 1.25 million sf of office space, and committing to say a 20 year lease. If for whatever reason that area never lives up to expectation, Credit Suisse is in a real tough spot. Lastly, some of these big firms do prefer name brand addresses, and the WTC about as well known as possible, and was well before 9/11. The Hudson Yards might be that in a decade, but again, that's a big if.
I see your point. I simply wasn't aware there was such a demand for space.
msquaredb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2089
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech
 
L.A.F.2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,406
Likes (Received): 5307

I'm thinking once Tower 2 resumes construction, it could be constructed more quickly just due to the fact that the PA might be ready to complete the complex and get it over with.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2090
yankeesfan1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredb View Post
I see your point. I simply wasn't aware there was such a demand for space.
No sweat. When considering if and when all these office buildings in New York will get tenants, it's important to realize that almost 90% of Manhattan's 450 million square feet of office space predate 1970, source and a really great read actually. And within that, 75% of the large office buildings in East Midtown, which has traditionally been Midtowns bread n butter predate 1970. Then in addition to all of that, the average office building on Park Ave, which is Manhattan's premier commercial corridor is 68 years old. NY has by far the most out dated stock of office buildings when comparing it to other global hubs like, HK, Tokyo, Shanghai, London, etc.

And because so little space has been built since 1970, that number is a little skewed because the original WTC was 14 or 15 million square feet of office space, companies have had to make due with what they can find. So Time Warner apparently has 10 different office locations in Manhattan, and almost all the big banks are split between Midtown and Downtown, not to mention god knows how many companies want newer space but can't get any because basically none exists.

A bit of a ramble, but it's important to keep stuff like, in particular the stuff from that article, when considering if there's enough demand for all these new office buildings. The demand is without question there, it's just a matter of one or two big companies signing pre leases to get the dominos falling.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #2091
billgates
Registered User
 
billgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 316
Likes (Received): 225

I have been following the construction of wtc for 1 year and its disappointing that 2wtc is going up last because its my favorite design.
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2092
Chibears85
MEOW!
 
Chibears85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 728
Likes (Received): 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgates View Post
I have been following the construction of wtc for 1 year and its disappointing that 2wtc is going up last because its my favorite design.
1 year huh? I have been following this for 6 years! And I am very disapointed on all the delays and stuff that have been going on... But things happen..
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #2093
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,487

Remember Tower 5? Yup, you're still waiting for that one after Tower 2.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #2094
Otie
Researcher
 
Otie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,117
Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgates View Post
I have been following the construction of wtc for 1 year and its disappointing that 2wtc is going up last because its my favorite design.
Patience, the best left till last. Besides, the situation isn't that bad, Tower Seven of the original complex was completed a decade after all the others were built

Last edited by Otie; July 12th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #2095
Chibears85
MEOW!
 
Chibears85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 728
Likes (Received): 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Remember Tower 5? Yup, you're still waiting for that one after Tower 2.
No? WTC5 is suppose to be done by 2016... and 2WTC probably not till like 2020+
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #2096
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,504
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
and 2WTC probably not till like 2020+
what makes you so sure about that?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #2097
Chibears85
MEOW!
 
Chibears85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 728
Likes (Received): 669

Here is something I have not seen on here, A ground view of 2WTC
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #2098
billgates
Registered User
 
billgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 316
Likes (Received): 225

what is 5wtc going to look like?
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2099
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech
 
L.A.F.2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,406
Likes (Received): 5307

Each individual tube of 2WTC has around the same space as 432 Park Ave. This building may be a little shorter, but it is a powerful, magnificent design.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #2100
The Grand Architect
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

If you guys don't know me, I'm The Grand Architect from SkyScraperPage. Some of you might know me from there.

I already posted this on the SSP section, but I'm posting it here. My latest 3D computer animations of the WTC complex, featuring the 2WTC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qQKrK6YmY
The Grand Architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
200 greenwich st., 2wtc, foster and partners, lower manhattan, new york, nyc, silverstein, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu